• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he's not goin' to California.

Death-the-Kid-death-the-kid-31271798-1280-720.jpg

Raxus

My impressions from the episodes I missed last week:

One Piece:
Haters be damned I like this arc. Great way to get acquainted with the characters and their personality. Plus Sanji kicks the shit out of Seadra. Oh wait this isn't his final form

Soul Eater:

I need all the adults.

Sword Art Online:

Strictly speaking it wasn't too bad compared to how low this series has sank. That being said I have to discuss how fucking stupid the ending was "I am falling in love with you" while both waifu and Kirito were falling to their death was unintentionally hilarious. So was the scene were waifu realizes she is obviously the inferior waifu.

One last question. Why did she have to go along if all they needed was dragon poop and Kirito seemed to find it just fine without her. Why is forging things only take 3 strikes? Why is Kirito such a dick? Why? Why? WHY?!?!?

IGPX:
It is a shame this series got so much more interesting after a dull first season. Maybe it would have drawn an audience instead of being ratings poison night after night. Anyways, the race was pretty exciting and everyone got a moment to shine. Good to see the Joker made it into the finals but I am kind of getting tired of these ties in the series. These races make no sense whatsoever in terms of rules.

Big O:
Man what I would have given to see a season 3 of this show. Pretty exciting action with a great teaser for what is ahead.

I expect some rage for tonight's SAO as well.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've been dubbing about 80 episodes a year give or take (They were slowed down by having to go back and do the two and a half seasons) and SW takes places in the early 400's.

They've got the rights up to the arc right before that one. Well you could consider it three arcs before that one depending on how you divide it up.

They've been dubbing about 80 episodes a year give or take (They were slowed down by having to go back and do the two and a half seasons) and SW takes places in the early 400's.

They've got the rights up to the arc right before that one. Well you could consider it three arcs before that one depending on how you divide it up.
Any idea when they'll finish dubbing W7?

They finished dubbing it but still have 1-2 more 'voyages' to go. Heck back when One Piece started they had the marathon on the Funimation site and they were talking about stuff that happens at the end of W7.

are we talking about like Water 7 Water 7 or are we including Enies Lobby in there?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Not that I think anybody cares too terribly much in this particular case, but
is there any good reason to outright spoil the episode with unavoidable images hours before it airs? Like not even in a subtle way, just "here's a picture of what happens this episode?"

Man God said:
Strong World actually "takes place" around the 380s. It just didn't release until the show was in the 420s. From a Toonami perspective, that means you could technically air it without spoiling anything maybe around late 2016.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Despite Oda's involvement Strong World still more or less follows the time honored tradition of animated movies having a separate canon as it really doesn't fit in anywhere.

It is sort of like the first DBZ movie in that with a few minor changes (basically the people involved forgetting it ever happened) it could be canon.

MikeMyers

Not that I think anybody cares too terribly much in this particular case, but
is there any good reason to outright spoil the episode with unavoidable images hours before it airs? Like not even in a subtle way, just "here's a picture of what happens this episode?"

Strong World actually "takes place" around the 380s. It just didn't release until the show was in the 420s. From a Toonami perspective, that means you could technically air it without spoiling anything maybe around late 2016.

OH WHOOPS. I hadnt watched Naruto in here past 2 weeks, didnt realize that was behind.

And I posted it because I thought the DBZ reference was cool....although I doubt it was intentional.

Despite Oda's involvement Strong World still more or less follows the time honored tradition of animated movies having a separate canon as it really doesn't fit in anywhere.

It is sort of like the first DBZ movie in that with a few minor changes (basically the people involved forgetting it ever happened) it could be canon.

i haven't seen the movie, but One Piece's structure does at least allow for that sort of thing right? they're just kinda going from island to island.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i haven't seen the movie, but One Piece's structure does at least allow for that sort of thing right? they're just kinda going from island to island.

Yes, it usually does. In fact this movie is basically the only time it comes up in One Piece, well, besides the weird alternate reality retellings of Alabasta and Drum Island with crew members from the future there.

Yes, it usually does. In fact this movie is basically the only time it comes up in One Piece, well, besides the weird alternate reality retellings of Alabasta and Drum Island with crew members from the future there.

is there a different Alabasta retelling? the (shitty) one i watched was just a normal retelling that cut out Ace and Smoker and a lot of what Mr. 2 did.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I keep forgetting that they didn't add squat to the Alabasta movie. You're right, it's just a mega condensed version.

It's Drum Island that goes...weird.

For those interested in our preshow it's gonna start in 10 minutes head to IRC. If you don't know how to access IRC PM Kayos or myself and we can help.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Will only be able to stay up until Soul Eater this week, again. Next week should be business as usual (the six hour challenge.)

Also, reminder: tonight and next week are the last times we'll have Ranbu no Melody as Bleach's opening. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom