• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i feel like Valvrave didn't really become interesting until the end.

JoJo was decent, though the only thing was really how incredibly over-the-top it is.

Valvrave has a very generic first episode except for what happens at the end. After that it's all bonkers though.

i feel like Valvrave didn't really become interesting until the end.

JoJo was decent, though the only thing was really how incredibly over-the-top it is.

Yeah Valvrave follows the Geass school of story telling where every episode must end on a bat shit twist

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's Aisha Tyler right? This must've been a good audition for Lana.

Yes it's her.
Despite Gaming's hate for her, she's awesome when given the right material.

So I am being told that after this week, we get a Bleach filler arc, this news does not fill me with joy.

Actually, the filler arc is in two weeks. Next week is the last one-shot.

Seda

Valvrave: dumb

Jojo: crazy

Fate/Zero: a lot of info to process, gonna see if I can watch the first episode in dub to recap

Darker the Black: interesting set up but hard to say either way. Li hasnt grabbed me yet as an interesting MC

Steins gate: the English script is fantastic, holy crap. Extremely well put together there.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Fate/Zero: a lot of info to process, gonna see if I can watch the first episode in dub to recap

Darker the Black: interesting set up but hard to say either way. Li hasnt grabbed me yet as an interesting MC

Steins gate: the English script is fantastic, holy crap. Extremely well put together there.

Man... if you think the first episode is dumb you better fasten your seatbelt cuz we're entering like mach 5.

yami4ct

First episode of JoJo is good, but certainly a weaker part of the series. Just wait until you reach Part 2. Holy crap, one of the best anime action arcs of all time.

VVV 1 is just an intro to the crazy you'll see. Can't wait to see you're further reactions.

I don't like Fate/Zero as much as many. My problems with the first episode are the same problems I had with the rest of the first half of the show. It does have a couple of amazing characters and a great conclusion that help make it all worth it.

Darker than Black is fun and stylish, but it definitely lacks story depth. Most of the enjoyment comes with how much style the show pulls stuff off with. It does get more interesting as it goes on.

Steins;Gate is just great all around. It has a weak intro, but the end completely makes the entire ride worthwhile.

Tamanon

Banned
Heart she Holler is such a weird show, it must've cost nothing to make to get a second season. Patton must be doing it just to keep his nerd cred up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom