• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that during the time Cartoon Network forgot that it was supposed to be a network about cartoon shows and started doing all sorts of live action crap?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wasn't that during the time Cartoon Network forgot that it was supposed to be a network about cartoon shows and started doing all sorts of live action crap?

Yep, they were pretty schizo during that period and had no idea what they were doing.

They basically didn't find themselves again until Adventure Time showed up. Meanwhile Adult Swim just kept being AS the whole time.

789shadow

Banned
Yep, they were pretty schizo during that period and had no idea what they were doing.

They basically didn't find themselves again until Adventure Time showed up. Meanwhile Adult Swim just kept being AS the whole time.
"We have the stoner market locked down!"

Raxus

SCHADEN IS BACK.

Thank god I thought something truly awful had come up.

Let's FMABrofist.gif it out again!

I like the OT7 What about eyebrows? the best so far since it works on several levels.

Some other considerations:

Toonami |OT7| FLCL and Water 7 begin
Toonami |OT7| Start at 12:30 if you value your sanity
Toonami |OT7| Ah, that's the good stuff

SCHADEN IS BACK.

I like the OT7 What about eyebrows? the best so far since it works on several levels.

Aww yeah. fmabrotherhoodhandshake.gif (I don't actually have it saved anywhere)

SCHADEN IS BACK.

tumblr_m9ml83ilCE1qbh26io1_500.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sounds like the casual viewers aren't gravitating towards SAO as well as the hardcore did.

... Seriously, how does SAO have fans? It's garbage! Are the books better or something? I don't get it.

Sounds like the casual viewers aren't gravitating towards SAO as well as the hardcore did.

... Seriously, how does SAO have fans? It's garbage! Are the books better or something? I don't get it.

Well I wouldn't say that, the ratings for SAO seem to be falling in line with where I originally predicted the show to settle in at - the 700K-800K range. Sure SAO was able to break 1M a couple of times but like I've been saying since before it aired, that is going to be the exception rather than the rule; people shouldn't expect that every weekend. Especially now considering school is in session.

In reality the ratings for a show airing at the 2AM slot are pretty darn good, last year Brotherhood was pulling in around 550K at that spot. IGPX wasn't doing these numbers consistently at the 2AM either before it got pushed back. SAO is doing fine, plenty of people are watching.

I've seen all of SAO and think it's alright. It's dumb fun that is meant to appeal to a certain age demographic that I do not fit into and I have accepted that. Some people on here have strong opinions about the series but I certainly don't find it offensive or judge it as harshly as some TGers.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... the Watchblock my have a different scheduling of sorts for this week. Will update on this later but right now it's looking like either Sunday night or splitting the watchblock into two parts some time around this weekend and next weekday.

So... the Watchblock my have a different scheduling of sorts for this week. Will update on this later but right now it's looking like either Sunday night or splitting the watchblock into two parts some time around this weekend and next weekday.

Is this a one weekend thing or a permanent schedule change?

789shadow

Banned
My Gamestop is going to do a midnight release of Pokemon X and Y, so come October 12, I'll be insane from the fact that I've been playing Pokemon for 24 hours straight.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just wondering, are people enjoying the pre-show watchblock btw? Like... are the shows good, is the time good, or anything else?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just wondering, are people enjoying the pre-show watchblock btw? Like... are the shows good, is the time good, or anything else?
Yeah, both the shows and being able to chat with everyone has been quite fun. Darker Than Black is a bit of a slow start, but I'll stick with it since I'm sure there's potential, and Valvrave is something I'm grown interested in to the point I'll probably check the second season out once it's airing. & rewatching shows, but now with others is fun since I can talk to them about it & see their reactions.

& the time works fine for me. I usually have an hour-ish break after watching it before turning on Toonami.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I'm really liking it so far.

All the shows are new for me (except Fate/Zero) so it's all fresh. I enjoy chatting with you guys and it really tests my multitasking skills watching the dub., reading what you guys are saying, and typing my own stuff. :p

With sub. that's pretty much impossible since I have to concentrate on the subtitles (not a bad thing though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom