• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Just wondering, are people enjoying the pre-show watchblock btw? Like... are the shows good, is the time good, or anything else?

-VVV is stupid but the kind of stupid where I'm intrigued to see what happens next rather than bash my head against a wall.
-S;G is still hard for me to follow but the dub is really good I can say at least and there are LOLz to be had
-Fate/Zero got dangerously close to BLAH BLAH town but I'm interested enough to see where they are going
-JoJo's is deliciously over the top but the shit-all production values are kind of hurting my enjoyment
-I've already seen Darker than Black but I'm fine to watch it again with others. Not a show I remember loving but I don't remember hating it either.

Overall, good shows, good people, good hangout time.

58692_1334881372.gif

:(

Should I be preparing my anus?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, thanks for the link.

Eeeeh, hard to say if there's anything of interest this season, aside from Kill la Kill, the BlazBlue anime (wow, THAT'S airing already as well?!), Kyousougiga, and Valvrave S2, maybe Pupa (I get an "Another" vibe, mainly from the art style). Trying to decide if there's a comedy out of the bunch worth watching.

Unless it descends to a new level of pandering I don't see how it can be worse than what we've seen.

You have NO idea. The episodes up until now don't even begin to compare.

This is the episode that will make people lose their shit the most until the second half starts.

Raxus

To say SAO declines in quality is an understatement. It nosedives. Prepare your fail and laughing .gifs. You'll be using them.

The SAO suicide.gif will really come in handy.

oh the reactions to this week's SAO episode.... I look forward to them

This episode will bring about so much rage. I watched the episode last week in English. EL O EL.

Eh, this week won't be too bad for the most part. Episode 11 is when shit really hits the fan and toonami-gaf will start committing mass seppuku. I won't say anymore about it; I'm really looking forward to witnessing the meltdowns.

You have NO idea. The episodes up until now don't even begin to compare.

This is the episode that will make people lose their shit the most until the second half starts.

To say SAO declines in quality is an understatement. It nosedives. Prepare your fail and laughing .gifs. You'll be using them.

The SAO suicide.gif will really come in handy.

This episode will bring about so much rage. I watched the episode last week in English. EL O EL.

Eh, this week won't be too bad for the most part. Episode 11 is when shit really hits the fan and toonami-gaf will start committing mass seppuku. I won't say anymore about it; I'm really looking forward to witnessing the meltdowns.

Only the dead can know peace from this evil.

I disagree. Episode 11 is very much inline with what Toonamigaf has already seen. It's just dumb.

I disagree. Episode 11 is very much inline with what Toonamigaf has already seen. It's just dumb.

Episode 11 is where Kirito & Asuna get married, go on a honeymoon, find that little girl in the woods who starts calling them "mama and papa", and start a virtual family (lol). So no, it isn't inline with that toonami-gaf has already seen.

I am glad that our reactions can entertain SAO veterans.

You have no idea

mhs004

Ohh god it's that episode hahahahahaha. Needless to say I face palmed so hard I stopped watching SAO after this weeks episode it wasn't even stupid funny anymore it's just stupid.

Toonami gaf can not comprehend the rage and laughter they will experience before this show is over. They simply don't know, they have no idea.

:)

Seda

Hmm, maybe we should throw up a new thread before this week because we'll overshoot 20,000 by several hundred posts.

I have one ready (same style as always)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, maybe we should throw up a new thread before this week because we'll overshoot 20,000 by several hundred posts.

That's probably a good idea, just to be safe so we don't hit the limit while discussing a show. Maybe wait until Saturday a few hours before Toonami starts?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Good idea, maybe it should go up on Friday so people have a chance to switch over.

Yeah last time we didn't make a thread before hand we went over with almost an hour left of toonami

Miroku gives no fucks about asking 11 year old girls to bear his children

I was going to watch the various new anime that started simulcasting today, but I'm going to hold off until I catch up on InuYasha so that I can fully enjoy Saturday nights with the InuYasha crew.

Edit: Y U SO THIRSTY SANGO?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Miroku gives no fucks about asking 11 year old girls to bear his children

I was going to watch the various new anime that started simulcasting today, but I'm going to hold off until I catch up on InuYasha so that I can fully enjoy Saturday nights with the InuYasha crew.

Edit: Y U SO THIRSTY SANGO?

Wait, is today Ippo day?

Raxus

We could so that once we finish s1 of valvrave, we can have a vote on what to replace the second slot of valvrave with when it gets closer to the end of s1

Sounds good to me. I would really like Tiger Bunny on the block too if Toonami doesn't pick it up soon. I assume it is a shoe in for Toonami along with AoT but the block is so full of long running shows I have little hope they will ever squeeze it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom