• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot thickens!

ixnIkKG.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just watched the first episode of The Clone Wars and it was surprisingly good. I'll admit that I was skeptical about toonami picking it up mainly because I was turned off by the art style and never gave Clone Wars a chance when it originally aired on CN. However, bumbling comedic relief droids aside, Clone Wars is pretty entertaining.

Looks like IGPX, Big O and Brotherhood are the only shows I still need to catch up on before Saturday. I might run through last weeks episodes of Naruto and Soul Eater even though I've already seen them.

FMAB Episode 40: JESUS F'ING CHRIST THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME! It was great learning more about Hoeinheim's back story and how he was manipulated by the little one inside the flask. Also, I feel like shit is about to hit the fan now that Mustang knows Selim is a homunculus. I'm also interested to see what goes down at Fort Briggs...Ahh toonami can't get here soon enough! I'm so tempted to watch ahead...must...resist...

IGPX Episode 17: Damn Team White Snow is ruthless, Amy got pretty messed up and *GASP* Satomi actually lost a match!? This Liz and Takashi in-fighting is getting pretty old...they need to just bang already. The Rocket is back though so I guess that redeems the episode a little.

I watched Clone Wars on and off during its first two seasons, I definitely enjoyed what I saw. And I'm not even remotely what you would call a Star Wars fan. Nice bits of serial storytelling, while also being able to tell a good standalone story. And it has some nice action set pieces, it's a great snag for the block.

I've actually never sat through an entire episode of IGPX. There are moments in the block where my brain just tunes out. IGPX, Tenchi GPX, Big O, Thundercats.

yami4ct

Ok, DeMarco's hint implies its a standalone thing. It's in a short spot, right? My bet is the Ghibli Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo live-action short that's sort of related to Eva anyway.

I watched Clone Wars on and off during its first two seasons, I definitely enjoyed what I saw. And I'm not even remotely what you would call a Star Wars fan. Nice bits of serial storytelling, while also being able to tell a good standalone story. And it has some nice action set pieces, it's a great snag for the block.

I've actually never sat through an entire episode of IGPX. There are moments in the block where my brain just tunes out. IGPX, Tenchi GPX, Big O, Thundercats.

Well that's good to hear about Clone Wars, looks like I won't be taking my usual half hour break before Big O.

IGPX takes some time to get used to. I really, really hated it when it first aired on toonami but honestly never gave it a fair shake. I'll admit that the first season drags terribly until the halfway point but after that it's awesome in my opinion.

yami4ct

The only dbz thing to not premier on tv would be the bardock special or eliminate the sayians.

There's also the fact that DeMarco called the premiere "adventurous". I'm sorry, but DBZ is as safe as you can get. Basically, the chances of the after Eva thing being DBZ related are almost zero in my book.

yami4ct

Has Panty and Stocking premiered on tv? That could be adventurous, new to tv and one of a kind.

Eh, not so sure I'd call it one of a kind. It's a whole series. The implication I take from what he's saying is that it's an original short film or something like that.

"one of a kind" is tossed around a lot in a bunch of different situations to the point that i think taking it literally might not be a good idea, actually.

Mature

assuming they don't load up 2.22 with advertisements, anywhere from 90 minutes to an hour. the schedule says 15 minutes, but the movie is nowhere near that long.
Ghost in the Shell: Arise OVA? =]. I guess that's not "one of a kind". Little Witch Academia? Should probably stop guessing so I wont be let down, haha.

How long is the the thing that will be after 2.22?

The current backdoor schedule and other online TV listings has Eva 2.22 starting at midnight, running 3 hours and 45 minutes, with a 15 minute "special" following, then wrapping up the night with the regulars starting at 4am with FMA:B.

TV Guide has TBA running 90 minutes starting at midnight, and then the regular schedule starting with IGPX at 2:30 - but Eureka 7 is listed at 3, so that's more than likely just old data.

Since Eva 2.22 is nowhere near long enough to run almost 4 hours even with commercial breaks, what's going to follow it? And how long will it be?

Seda

The current backdoor schedule and other online TV listings has Eva 2.22 starting at midnight, running 3 hours and 45 minutes, with a 15 minute "special" following, then wrapping up the night with the regulars starting at 4am with FMA:B.

TV Guide has TBA running 90 minutes starting at midnight, and then the regular schedule starting with IGPX at 2:30 - but Eureka 7 is listed at 3, so that's more than likely just old data.

Since Eva 2.22 is nowhere near long enough to run almost 4 hours even with commercial breaks, what's going to follow it? And how long will it be?

Seems DeMarco meant what he said when he last stated he's going to take control of leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom