• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this whole E7AO business is really bumming me out. I had seen that the reaction to the show wasn't positive, but it only hit me yesterday that the sequel to a show I really enjoyed is apparently terrible.

From what I understand anime gaf didn't like AO due to a casting choice in that
Adult Renton is voiced by the same voice actor as Holland from the original e7
Dunno if the dub did the same casting choice

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this whole E7AO business is really bumming me out. I had seen that the reaction to the show wasn't positive, but it only hit me yesterday that the sequel to a show I really enjoyed is apparently terrible.

Everything in the Eureka seveN franchise EXCEPT for the original anime series is basically varying degrees of garbage. The multiple manga series, the video games, the movie, the alternate ending OVA, Astral Ocean, etc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

According to Wiki...
JYB returned to play Renton.

Renton will
punch himself now?

Everything in the Eureka seveN franchise EXCEPT for the original anime series is basically varying degrees of garbage. The multiple manga series, the video games, the movie, the alternate ending OVA, Astral Ocean, etc.

I guess that's true, but those other things aren't as important as a direct sequel series.

But even this opening gets fundamental basic facts of the series wrong, like how Gold Roger was executed, due to 4Kids just making shit up.

The third sentence you hear in the series is a plot error. That's impressive efficiency.

Also, good to see that schedule is confirmed as legit. Hope for Kick-Heart increasing...

I think that was just the same backwards 4kids logic that made them alter Kuina's death: "hanging" is less violent or some nonsense.

Though why they didn't just say "executed" is a mystery.

BatDan

I think that was just the same backwards 4kids logic that made them alter Kuina's death: "hanging" is less violent or some nonsense.

Though why they didn't just say "executed" is a mystery.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverSayDie

Which is strange since they still say he died, but they don't actually say it. *shrugs*
I do find their removal of Kunia from the story hilariously backwards. Falling down the stairs and dying is too violent, but getting horribly beaten to the point where she can no longer handle a sword is perfectly acceptable.

Did somebody say jelly filled donuts?

ujAF1vQ.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Alternate ending OVA?

Did you know Yugi had a mom? Yeah, for some reason 4Kids cut her out of the few scenes she appeared in. No idea why.

These doughnuts are great. Jelly filled are my favorite. Nothing beats a jelly filled doughnut.

Yeah she was shown a few times in season 0 as well iirc

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They did show her in the dub but only one time, when Solomon was getting out of the hospital after Duelist Kingdom. I was always like "who the hell is this?"

BatDan

Damn, first One Piece in a while that didn't hit a million. I blame the filler.

I think Naruto's lead had to do with shirtless Sasuke. Fangirls are nuts.

Interesting that Clone Wars beat IGPX.

Sad that SAO beat the infinitely better Soul Eater, though I do think giving SAO an earlier slot would be beneficial.

Tenumi

Banned
Down ratings, but I wouldn't call them terrible. Too used to quint-millions :p

I expect I'll probably be up all the way through Evangelion 2.22, given that I like the movie and I've been having awful trouble getting to sleep lately.

Interesting that Clone Wars beat IGPX.

Sad that SAO beat the infinitely better Soul Eater, though I do think giving SAO an earlier slot would be beneficial.

If anything keeping it at the back of the premiers means people are more likely to stay, under the assumption that SAO is more popular then SE if we switched the two there is a possibility people would simply leave after SAO and cause an even bigger drop for Soul Eater.

Raxus

IGPX is better constructed but is still pretty dull all things considered.

Things are starting to pick up...15 episodes in. I think the turning point was at the halfway point but by then it had already shot itself in the foot and became ratings poison.

Say what you will about SAO. It may be dumb as hell, it has the worst pacing, but it tosses in just enough awful (like a dagger in a little girl) to make things interesting.

Speaking of which I demand gifs of that scene! WHERE IS MY BACKSTORY!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Things are starting to pick up...15 episodes in. I think the turning point was at the halfway point but by then it had already shot itself in the foot and became ratings poison.

Say what you will about SAO. It may be dumb as hell, it has the worst pacing, but it tosses in just enough awful (like a dagger in a little girl) to make things interesting.

Speaking of which I demand gifs of that scene! WHERE IS MY BACKSTORY!

Yes, it seems like the whole problem with IGPX is that it should have been doing this kind of thing the entire time and I can't see a reason why it didn't other than wanting to try and keep to the old shorts it's based off. It's like as soon as they realized that they couldn't translate the style of the shorts into a series they shaped up.

Average ratings, the hell happened during IGPX. 300,000 fucks were lost that night.

And uh, is Baccano! worth watching? Like,
212621cdfd5465e4c1e1.png

Because re-watching the Fairy Tail dub is hella not happening.

8828980aea8cd2872e3c.png

Average ratings, the hell happened during IGPX. 300,000 fucks were lost that night.

212621cdfd5465e4c1e1.png

I've heard good things about it, though I've been warned the plot jumps around a bunch between different periods of time and you won't get a full grasp of things until the finale.

Tamanon

Banned
I saw the first few Baccanos and it was alright. Can definitely see it's the group as Durarara, but I liked DRRR better. Need to go back to Baccano some time.

212621cdfd5465e4c1e1.png

Because re-watching the Fairy Tail dub is hella not happening.

8828980aea8cd2872e3c.png

Baccano! is absolutely worth watching. Amazing series. Like Bass mentioned, there are various jumps, but it's nothing you shouldn't be able to keep up with. Baccano! gets the Schadenfreude seal of approval.

Moaradin

Baccono is great. First episode is confusing as hell but it unravels as it goes on and it's very satisfying when it does.

The dub is really great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom