• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Comes out the same day at Grand Theft Auto V, so yea.

Nooo, two days before GTA V.
... That isn't really much better. Here's hoping that with the price drop, word of mouth gets around and it has legs.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Digimon? Psssh, that was for losers growing up. #Pokemongang

EWmof.gif

My friends and I became Digimon converts when we realized Digimon had actual story arcs and the good guys actually won in the finale unlike pokemon

Pokemon games crap all over Digimon games though

Tenumi

Banned
I loved Digimon as a kid. I had such a kid-crush on Kari (I was like, in forth grade!)

...I'm actually gearing up for a watchthrough of at least the first four seasons.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I liked both when i was a kid. I didnt discriminate, and I thought a digimon and pokemon crossover was a sure thing, still waiting on that crossover, also I also thought digimon was eventually a playstation thing cause everytime I saw a digimon game it was on the PSX

Seda

My friends and I became Digimon converts when we realized Digimon had actual story arcs and the good guys actually won in the finale unlike pokemon

Pokemon games crap all over Digimon games though

Digimon World 2 was the shit.

but yes you are right

BatDan

My mindset is that the Pokemon games beat the crap out of the anime, while the various Digimon anime are better than the games (though certain ones can be fun like Digimon World 1, 2 and 3).

The dub of Xros Wars is premiering on September 7th.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah the days when religious zealots claimed Pokemon was a product of Satan, or a Zionist plot. I'm surprised PETA didn't jump on the bandwagon back then, instead opting to do it 14 years too late.

Then a year later it was Harry Potter.

You know what's funny, everything popular has been Satan at some point or another except for Twilight. What is up with that?

BatDan

Then a year later it was Harry Potter.

You know what's funny, everything popular has been Satan at some point or another except for Twilight. What is up with that?

Because even zealots know how limp-dicked and lame Twilight is, that even Lucifer would look at it and say "Ha ha ha no."

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I remember asking my mom to get me Pokemon Blue for Christmas the first year it was out. Beat it and then I HAD to have Pokemon Red. Beat it and then Pokemon Yellow was a must. Haven't touched a Pokemon game since. Kinda weird since I was super into it. I remember spending 30 minutes link jumping to find Japanese websites with information about Gold and Silver. But then I never ended up playing either one. G&S came out my first year of high school, so I was probably just busy or something.

The super weird thing is I own two copies of Emerald, one copy of Sapphire and one copy of Leaf Green. I did not buy or play any of these. Only explanation I have is that my ex might have bought them and it got mixed in with my stuff. I know one of the copies of Emerald was from Kohls, she found it on the floor.

I love RPGs, but I just find Pokemon boring now. It's kinda weird going on campus and seeing that it's so acceptable now. I love it though, people repping the stuff they like no matter what.

Digimon kinda sucked. The season when Veemon or whatever his name is was hot, but I watched a couple Season 1 episodes on Nick Toons. I couldn't stand it for more than a couple minutes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pokemon under 4kids had so many good openings. The only bad ones were Orange League and Johto Journeys.

Moaradin

I want to go back and re-watch Pokemon one of these days. At least the first couple seasons. I'm afraid it won't hold up to my nostalgia though...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pokémon is easily 4 Kids best localization. Yeah they changed some odd things here and there but the VAs are talented, the presentation is great, the openings are pretty damn good.

Yu-Gi-Oh is second, TMNT is third but not really anime now, Kirby and Sonic X are also ok.

Everything else they ruined the fuck out of and double fuck ruined One Piece.

Pokémon is easily 4 Kids best localization. Yeah they changed some odd things here and there but the VAs are talented, the presentation is great, the openings are pretty damn good.

Yu-Gi-Oh is second, TMNT is third but not really anime now, Kirby and Sonic X are also ok.

Everything else they ruined the fuck out of and double fuck ruined One Piece.
It's okay, man. They're dead now. They can't hurt One Piece anymore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the main reason we're still on Water Seven in 2013 instead of only one or two years behind the anime.

I really wonder what happens if Funi picked it up waaaay back when.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's the main reason we're still on Water Seven in 2013 instead of only one or two years behind the anime.

I really wonder what happens if Funi picked it up waaaay back when.

If Funi had picked it up it would probably be a hell of a lot more popular.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks like I'm going to be on vacation on Saturday night. Hmmmm, well, I'll just record the block and avoid the thread until I see what the surprise is later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom