• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked: To SARA: You are the most beautiful woman in the universe. Whenever I see you on Saturday nights, it makes my day very special. Tell me, what's is your beauty?

SARA: Um, TOM? This anon is kind of freaking me out.
TOM: Get used to it, Sara. You’re famous now.
SARA: Hmmmm….
Heh

Asked: you definitely did not get a strong positive reaction to the clone wars. sorry for sounding harsh but this was your most controversial choice yet and was a spit in the face to a good majority of your viewers.
Well, luckily the ratings disagree with your assessment, anon. Also, we urge you to consider a little perspective. It’s a 6 hour block that has a very small budget and needs to be filled with “new’ content as much as possible. Over 6 hours, it’s likely we’ll air at least ONE show you might not like. Calling it a “spit in the face” is somewhat dramatic. It’s a show like any other. An action cartoon we like, and so do many others. You certainly don’t have to like it, but you also shouldn’t take it personally.
Ugh

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
#dead

People want toonami to be an anime block and not an action cartoon block, see people asking for moe anime

It's not anime.

It's prequel era Star Wars.
its not like toonami has only showed anime, toonami was pretty good with samurai jack, batman, and even power puff girls, though I guess clone wars is a new show so it doesnt have nostalgia on its side
Too bad it's doing decent enough in the ratings. I want it gone!
why D:

Well I'm impressed. I knew the show was popular, but not a dub has already been announced popular.

Yeah it was announced back in May when the series was like only 8 episodes long. About a month into the show the sales of all 10 manga volumes entered the top 20 of Japan's manga sales and haven't left in months. They're warp speed releasing all the volumes in English by the end of the year and a dub for release early 2014

Seda

its not like toonami has only showed anime, toonami was pretty good with samurai jack, batman, and even power puff girls, though I guess clone wars is a new show so it doesnt have nostalgia on its side

I wasn't saying those are my reasons, I'm willing to give the show a clear shot, I've never seen it. I was just saying those might be blanket reasons why people could be against the show.

Honestly if the show is truly free I'd rather support and watch it to help Toonami's continued growth and expansion. That way we can get awesome upcoming shows like AoT, HxH if it's ever dubbed, and whatever the next big action anime is
It's not like Star Wars is bringing in a million viwers a night and i'm sure they have other free shows they could use, but whatevs. Guess I just have to get used to the thought that it might be on Toonami for years and years.

First episode of clone wars was pretty ehh, second episode was fairly enjoyable. I know the show picks up when it gets to the bounty hunter arc and the
darth maul resurrection arc
from a buddy who was an even bigger Star Wars fan then I was.

Also the show is only 108 episodes long so unless they decide to replay it the series should end in 2015

It's not like Star Wars is bringing in a million viwers a night and i'm sure they have other free shows they could use, but whatevs. Guess I just have to get used to the thought that it might be on Toonami for years and years.

Clone Wars doing around 700k a night for free probably makes Toonami more money then Soul Eater doing 1mill-900k

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dexter's Rude Removal!

This is a pretty good guess, though it seems like it might be a little short for that "encore" slot. It's only 7 minutes, which might work perfectly in the slot after Eva since the movie might spill over into the next timeslot a bit, but to have another 15 minute encore after the block's show times are somewhat back to normal seems like it might be too much. Unless those quarter hour start times are more just approximations and not when things are ACTUALLY starting, in which case another 7 minute show might get them back on track.

Hard to say. It's a good option, though. Kick-Heart still fits the bill as something nobody else would have the balls to show, though Demarco's response on that makes it seem questionable. It could be that he's just being coy, which he's been known to do from time to time. Or maybe he hasn't seen it and it's not the surprise.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Might be my favorite question and response:

Anonymous Asked: Are the requests actually spelled "Fairy Tale" rather than Fairy Tail or was that just a typo?

No, they’re usually spelled “Fairy Tale.”

Ponn

Banned
POPCORN NIGHT! Going to try popping it in peanut oil tonight, ready for some pissy Shinji, pedo-Gendo and awkward pre-teens in vinyl/latex suits.

Wondering what the surprise is, Comcast literally has it listed as Surprise! in the guide for 15 minutes after the movie. Since we know that creepy screaming lady in their commercials was Heart She Holler maybe its something to do with that. Well, its anime night so maybe not. 15 minutes of DBZ screaming.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yea, go ask Anime-GAF how much they like Astral Ocean, you will be lucky to make it out alive.

AnimeGAF
QQJUwUJ.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can you really say they are wrong in this case though, I mean, I know they are strange people, but still, it is Astral Ocean.

Never seen Astral Ocean but nothing can be worse than SAO's creep/uguusploitation factor. It could be the dumbest, most rage inducing anime ever but I'd still feel more comfortable watching it as long as it didn't pull shit like showing a 13-year old in her underwear and positioning the camera behind every female character when they bent over.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Never seen Astral Ocean but nothing can be worse than SAO's creep/uguusploitation factor. It could be the dumbest, most rage inducing anime ever but I'd still feel more comfortable watching it as long as it didn't pull shit like showing a 13-year old in her underwear and positioning the camera behind every female character when they bent over.

Agreed that SAO is a horrid piece of pandering shit but I have seen and I know of worse. Sword Art Online is terrible, but it also is not Oreimo or Chu-Bra!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom