• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

The Q&A is at noon EDT by the way.

Also apparently there's a Toonami panel at DragonCon in like five minutes? EDIT: <--- Probably a fan panel

Seda

xm4aqCA.png

Eh, I don't think so. 15 minutes is a LOOOOOOOONG preview

It may not be the whole 15 mins, part of 2.22 my roll over into that time slot and there can be commercials, it could end before the 15 minutes are up, plus they could have an introduction by tom and Sarah. The whole thing might just be the first 6 minutes dubbed, like what Japan got.

toonamifaithfulofficial Asked: Is there any news you would like to report today to all of us?

Nope! We’ll have some news in the next month or so, but nothing for now other than Eva 2.22 and our little surprise tonight!

Hmmmm.

Seda

This is actually surprising to me, I figured 'expansion' was an impossibility, but apparently it is something that actually has been brought up for actual consideration?

BHx5Kgk.png

4nRfnUq.png

This is actually surprising to me, I figured 'expansion' was an impossibility, but apparently it is something that actually has been brought up for actual consideration?

BHx5Kgk.png

4nRfnUq.png

Doesn't surprise me. I just wonder if they would expand on Saturday, or add an hour during the week somewhere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, I'm getting more hyped for this surprise, especially after hearing that "no one else would have the balls to air it".

& awesome to hear they're getting more support to the point expanding the block has been brought up.

Anonymous Asked: I have been surveying the ratings for the last four weeks and it has become clear that Big O Season 2 has done amazing at the 3:30 position, while IGPX and Clone Wars have only done ok at the 2:30 and 3:00 positions. Have you ever considered moving Big O Season 2 up to the 2:30 position?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous Asked: Will you guys be holding any other movie nights that are not connected to a series? like summer wars or something?

We’ll be doing something soon, actually. Usually there is a marked dropoff of viewership over holidays, so those are good opportunities for us to break things up with a movie…

stacotto Asked: Because I have yet to find an answer, are you considering skipping the Naruto filler arcs (anything past episode 137), and jumping straight into Shippuden?

We are not considering skipping “filler” arcs, no.

welp....

stacotto Asked: Because I have yet to find an answer, are you considering skipping the Naruto filler arcs (anything past episode 137), and jumping straight into Shippuden?

We are not considering skipping “filler” arcs, no.

welp....

Filler never felt so good, baby

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

confirmed
anyways I actually wonder what he's talking about that only "they would have the balls to show" panty and stocking comes to mind, but now im thinking maybe hellsing ultimate, though hellsing ultimate doesnt really get really bad for tv until like OVA 5 or so

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
confirmed
anyways I actually wonder what he's talking about that only "they would have the balls to show" panty and stocking comes to mind, but now im thinking maybe hellsing ultimate, though hellsing ultimate doesnt really get really bad for tv until like OVA 5 or so
P&S came to mind as well (especially since most episodes are only 12-ish minutes long), but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for that considering they already mentioned Funimation already talked to them about it & they turned it down for other stuff.

Older shows will be a very rare thing. We’d much rather get our hands on newer stuff, both for ratings and because we like looking forward as much as possible.

Anonymous Asked: Why don't you play more moe anime instead of this casual action stuff? Or at least classics like Neon Genesis Evangelion or Haruhi Suzumiya?
We’re not the Moe anime block. we’re Toonami, a designed to appeal to a BROAD audience of action cartoon fans. Which, luckily, is what we’re doing.
People really like moe.....

Anonymous Asked: Hey, quick question for you lovely folks at Toonami. I get that you're trying to get your hands on some of the newer action shows, but have you considered possibly bringing back some of the older anime titles from past Toonamis in the future? I'd honestly love to see shows like Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and older Gundam series back in circulation. By the way, you guys are doing a GREAT job! Keep up the good work! :D
Older shows will be a very rare thing. We’d much rather get our hands on newer stuff, both for ratings and because we like looking forward as much as possible.
Doesn't seem YYH will be back anytime soon.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
there isnt a ton of shows with moe that is action oriented
altho my avatar is from the latest action anime though thats still nowhere near true moe levels

Q:I think that some people don't understand how much it really costs to license a show. I know for business reasons you may not be able to answer this, but, can you tell us, on average, how many digits are in the price for a series?

A:We can&#8217;t answer that. Just know that getting the rights to a show for a year usually costs more than most peoples homes, at a minimum.

lawd.

I think someone is trolling

Anonymous Asked: It's just depressing to a LOT of anime fans that all is shown on TV is generic shonen stuff. You guys are awesome and even if you just took the investment in like one episode of something more "cutesy" than Naruto-level action stuff, that would make a lot of people very happy. I mean, I've calculated and talked to a lot of people and I think showing something like Haruhi or whatever could bring a hefty profit. Whatever, sorry for wasting your time.

they were not.

Anonymous Asked: It's just depressing to a LOT of anime fans that all is shown on TV is generic shonen stuff. You guys are awesome and even if you just took the investment in like one episode of something more "cutesy" than Naruto-level action stuff, that would make a lot of people very happy. I mean, I've calculated and talked to a lot of people and I think showing something like Haruhi or whatever could bring a hefty profit. Whatever, sorry for wasting your time.

they were not.
rolls eyes
Edit : My connection is slow so I'm gonna stop copying and pasting.

Keep moe garbage out of toonami unless it's a magic girl action series. Sailor moon did well enough back in the day I'm sure something like a precure could do well

We can’t answer that. Just know that getting the rights to a show for a year usually costs more than most peoples homes, at a minimum.

lawd.
What was the question?

they were not.
This part cracked me up so bad.

you should post the question ya know lol

i thought it'd be clear they were asking how much a show costs :(

edit:
I think that some people don't understand how much it really costs to license a show. I know for business reasons you may not be able to answer this, but, can you tell us, on average, how many digits are in the price for a series?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Toonami was ALWAYS meant for more actiony shows. With the rare exceptions of stuff like Sailor Moon and Hamtaro, there's not much that combines moe/cuteness/whatever with action. Really, I can only think of Magica Madoka actually fitting the bill for that combo, but I don't see that getting on anytime soon.

Anonymous Asked: Besides from Evangelion 2.22 & The Oh-So-Exciting Surprise, will there be another goodie like normal, such as a game review?

Coullldddd be….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom