• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous Asked: What are you're current most suggested shows for Toonami?

Attack on Titan, DBZ and Fairy Tale, in that order.

vader.jpg

Anonymous Asked: What are you're current most suggested shows for Toonami?

Attack on Titan, DBZ and Fairy Tale, in that order.

vader.jpg

It's only a matter of time before Fairy Tail is on the block, would be the perfect replacement for Bleach next year when it finishes

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No surprise on AoT and DBZ, but really, Fairy Tale? I could see it fitting & it'd last them quite some time, but there's so many other shows I'd like to see.

No surprise on AoT and DBZ, but really, Fairy Tale? I could see it fitting & it'd last them quite some time, but there's so many other shows I'd like to see.

You're surprised a popular series is heavily requested? I'm sure as soon as toonami came back the top 4 requested shows were dbz, naruto, one piece, and fairy tail.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You're surprised a popular series is heavily requested? I'm sure as soon as toonami came back the top 4 requested shows were dbz, naruto, one piece, and fairy tail.
I don't hear much on Fairy Tale aside on here (to which reactions tend to be negative) & I tried reading the series from my library, but got bored after the 4th volume. Didn't think it was that popular. Though yeah, no shock that Naruto, DBZ, & One Piece got requested, especially since they already aired on CN in the past.

Dexter's Rude Removal!
That's....actually a pretty good guess, especially since they finally put it up online earlier this year.

Anonymous Asked: How much do you guys take general impressions of a show into account? Like, for example, the almost universally negative reception by Eureka Seven fans to Eureka Seven: AO?

We certainly take it into account. That said, we try to look deeper than the sometimes hysterical nature of online fandom will allow.

Anonymous Asked: How much do you guys take general impressions of a show into account? Like, for example, the almost universally negative reception by Eureka Seven fans to Eureka Seven: AO?

We certainly take it into account. That said, we try to look deeper than the sometimes hysterical nature of online fandom will allow.
Almost universally negative? Has this guy been talking to Shard?

People shouldn't be surprised at Fairy Tail. It's nearly on par with the big shounen 3 in terms of western fandom. It would also do pretty well on the block.

Tenumi

Banned
I watched the first episode of E7:AO, since my cable company had it as a free preview for Funimation Channel stuff. Wasn't that offensive, so whatever it is must happen after the first episode.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I watched the first episode of E7:AO, since my cable company had it as a free preview for Funimation Channel stuff. Wasn't that offensive, so whatever it is must happen after the first episode.

its generally not offensive for a while, apparently its fine until it reaches a certain point, I have to get back to watching it so i know where this certain point is.

And yet it does fairly well with ratings, it's not a massive drop off the way igpx is, of course igpx and clone wars are free...

yeah, i'm not really surprised at the negative reception given how many people seem to be under the impression this is an anime block.

but thankfully the general audience, unsurprisingly, couldn't give less of a shit

Amikami

Banned

I always hear that it starts off good and gets bad later on. I must have only watched up to episode 6 or 7 (supposedly before it got bad) but out of those, I thought the first 2 first episodes were the best.

Fairy Tail? I saw that come on an anime channel I'm subscribed to, and I didn't enjoy it much. I watched the first 5 episodes but I just didn't like it. AOT is surprising because it's not even dubbed yet, and I'm kind of all DBZ'd out after Kai came on Nick.

Though I can't name many shows that I would want to see on Toonami in the first place so I can't complain. Well, except Blue Exorcist.

Fairy Tail? I saw that come on an anime channel I'm subscribed to, and I didn't enjoy it much. I watched the first 5 episodes but I just didn't like it. AOT is surprising because it's not even dubbed yet, and I'm kind of all DBZ'd out after Kai came on Nick.

Though I can't name many shows that I would want to see on Toonami in the first place so I can't complain. Well, except Blue Exorcist.
AoT has a huge fandom now. Not too surprising .

We know the dub is coming funi has already announced it. The anime caused the series to explode in popularity world wide

I still thought it was boring as heck.

Your lack of faith disturbs me. I know we can do it.

Honestly if the show is truly free I'd rather support and watch it to help Toonami's continued growth and expansion. That way we can get awesome upcoming shows like AoT, HxH if it's ever dubbed, and whatever the next big action anime is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom