• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just thinking about AO makes me angry. It's so infuriatingly bad.

EDIT: Why the hell wasn't Fate/Zero in that? The fuck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the most important thing is the US television premiere of Evangelion: 2.22, followed by the (world?) television premiere of A SURPRISE! Aside from those items, Anakin leads a strike against the Malevolence, Dastun gets a new android partner, the scattered protagonists take steps to fight back while Kimblee devises a way to carve a crest of blood at Briggs, Spike's Swordfish goes in for repairs, and Team Inuyasha runs afoul of a castle cursed by an oni.

12:00 - Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
2:30 - SURPRISE!
2:45 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 3 - Shadow of Malevolence
3:15 - Big O - 19 - Eyewitness
3:45 - SURPRISE!
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 42 - Signs of a Counteroffensive
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 19 - Wild Horses
5:00 - Inuyasha - 85 - The Evil Within Demon's Head Castle
5:30 - Inuyasha - 86 - Secret of the Possessed Princess

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The opinions of the toonami audience aren't really the same as those of traditional anime fans

I would argue that the show appeals beyond the anime audience to a degree. I had a few friends who hated anime watch the show and they absolutely loved it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would also accept DRR. Because I really really wanna rewatch it and the BRD prices are absurd.

Honestly, Panty & Stocking feels like it belongs on [as] during the week.

Even then, I don't know if you could censor it and not take something away from it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could Fate/Zero being a great fit.....plus I really want to see ToonamiGAF's reaction to the Caster summoning scene.

....& I never did finish watching the second season, so being on Toonami would motivate me to finish it.

Soriku

I watched DtB a long time ago but I remember it was boring. Mediocre story and characters and plot holes.

The two openings were damn good though.

Besides Fate/Zero I'd recommend Steins;Gate, Mirai Nikki (although it has its haters), and Kaiji (though Kaiji probably wouldn't appeal as much to the mainstream anime crowd).

yami4ct

I still think getting Madoka would be one of Toonami's most interesting moves they could make. Steins;Gate would be up there as well, but Madoka would be so interesting to see on the block.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I second Steins;Gate, especially since you can watch the sub for free on Funimation's YouTube channel. I think it would've been a good fit on Adult Swim back in the day, but not enough action for Toonami now.

& also enjoyed Mirai Nikki as well, which I could see fitting. Should probably get around to watching Redial tonight or tomorrow.

I still think getting Madoka would be one of Toonami's most interesting moves they could make. Steins;Gate would be up there as well, but Madoka would be so interesting to see on the block.
I think Madoka would catch some people off guard in how serious it gets (it sure did with me). Wonder how often they get requests for that.

Cwarrior

I would argue that the show appeals beyond the anime audience to a degree. I had a few friends who hated anime watch the show and they absolutely loved it.

Most causal watchers would never make it past the first 50min long episode, even the hardcore anime fans on neogaf had trouble getting through that one, so just imagine a normal person first exposure to fate zero.

It took me 3-4 make it thought it, same with bluwacky and many others.

Soriku

Most causal watchers would never make it past the first 50min long episode, even the hardcore anime fans on neogaf had trouble getting through that one.

The first ep is pretty brutal lol, though isn't Fate/Zero still pretty popular (at least relatively to a lot of shows)? I think it's worth a shot.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
panty and stocking is action in the same way power puff girls is action,it can have episodes of them showing off their powers, but not showing that much action, or it can be a episode entirely on well animated action scenes (episode 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom