• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Not sure why I skipped T&B, but I feel like I should check out that show one of these days when I don't have much else to watch.

Totally. The show isn't perfect. Not all the characters hit, particularly Fire Emblem doesn't work for me, it leaves some plots dangling clearly meant for future stuff and it sort of screws up the last like 1/4, but damn if it isn't absolutely amazing when it's on. It's on most of the time as well. Kotetsu is one of the most fun, charming anime protagonists in recent memory. It's also great that he's an adult in an action show and has real adult issues. He's not some moody teenager with love problems.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Totally. The show isn't perfect. Not all the characters hit, particularly Fire Emblem doesn't work for me, it leaves some plots dangling clearly meant for future stuff and it sort of screws up the last like 1/4, but damn if it isn't absolutely amazing when it's on. It's on most of the time as well. Kotetsu is one of the most fun, charming anime protagonists in recent memory. It's also great that he's an adult in an action show and has real adult issues. He's not some moody teenager with love problems.
woah wait, back up.

yami4ct

woah wait, back up.

There's a character named fire emblem. He's a very effeminate african-american hero who dresses like a phoenix and has fire powers. The dumb gay jokes are the worst part of the show. He gets like 1-2 episodes of good character work, but on the most part he's one of the worst parts of the show.

There's a character named fire emblem. He's a very effeminate african-american hero who dresses like a phoenix and has fire powers. The dumb gay jokes are the worst part of the show. He gets like 1-2 episodes of good character work, but on the most part he's one of the worst parts of the show.

Well uhh okay?

Yes, there is a character called Fire Emblem. He's pretty funny.

Kotetsu is the best though. Just so good.

wat

yami4ct

Well uhh okay?

It's lucky that't he's a really small part of the show. He's mostly in the background for fights and his powers work well for mixing up the action. I'd say he's saved by the fact that episodes that focus on him are actually really good, but he's easily the most off putting part of the show.

foxuzamaki

Yes, there is a character called Fire Emblem. He's pretty funny.

Kotetsu is the best though. Just so good.

He isn't as bad as he's made out to be.

ahh ok, cause I believe tiger and bunny is a anime that kind has superheroes that sell out and are sponsors of companies like google and facebook and stuff, i would have exploded if it was the nintendo franchise fire emblem

yami4ct

OK, Fire Emblem is bad, but he's not that bad.

I'd say over the course of the whole show, he only has like half a dozen cringe worthy moments. Most of those come near the beginning as well and I suspect could easily be toned down by the dub.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd say over the course of the whole show, he only has like half a dozen cringe worthy moments. Most of those come near the beginning as well and I suspect could easily be toned down by the dub.

Like I said, he's not that bad. Even if they don't tone it down he does get better as the show goes on.

yami4ct

Like I said, he's not that bad. Even if they don't tone it down he does get better as the show goes on.

Certainly. Once he gets his character development episodes, he stops being an awful trope. Those trope-y first few episodes are quite bad at times, but nothing super offensive. Just a bit too stereotypical.

yami4ct

I liked Fire Emblem....

Part of it is just my sense of humor. Only part I liked with him pre-development was the obviously phallus shaped car he drives. That gave me a chuckle during the first episode. He also adds quite a bit to some of the action scenes he's in.

Not gonna lie guys, probably going to skip most of 2.22 tonight. Seen that film too many times already. Will certainly pick it up for the last scene and the surprise, though. That last scene is one of my favorite moments in recent anime film memory. The music and scene just work so well together.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Part of it is just my sense of humor. Only part I liked with him pre-development was the obviously phallus shaped car he drives. That gave me a chuckle during the first episode. He also adds quite a bit to some of the action scenes he's in.

God I forgot about that :lol

Order

(Evangelion spoilers I think?)
Is this the movie where the guy jacks off next to a girl in coma or something?

yami4ct

Nope. That's the End of Evangelion film that's effectively the end of the original series. This is the second part of a series of 4 reimagined films. Same characters, but plot takes a hard left turn after the first film.

Moaradin

Oh man I can't wait to see how they pull this off. So much cursing, nudity, just weird fucking shit happening all the time. The bleeps should be good.

yami4ct

Wasn't there a post-credits scene for 1.11? Because they didn't show it if so.

I thought Eva 1.11 just had the trailer at the end, no real scene. 2.22's scene is really important, though. Without it, it's basically an unfinished film. It closes some really important plot ideas.

foxuzamaki

Oh man I can't wait to see how they pull this off. So much cursing, nudity, just weird fucking shit happening all the time. The bleeps should be good.

being on this late should give them some leeway, also for some reason nudity from anime/cartoons isnt as "enforced" as it is with actual live tv shows

Seda

I thought Eva 1.11 just had the trailer at the end, no real scene. 2.22's scene is really important, though. Without it, it's basically an unfinished film. It closes some really important plot ideas.

Ahh, I just think I recalled some complaints about not showing it when 1.11 aired.

FlipWilson

Neo Member

LOL!! I remember that!!! my mom walked in when right at that part and went:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WATCHING!?

I had to explain that it was just an anime....but that didn't help the situation... she just turned of the TV and told me to go to my room.....-_-

foxuzamaki

LOL!! I remember that!!! my mom walked in when right at that part and went:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WATCHING!?

I had to explain that it was just an anime....but that didn't help the situation... she just turned of the TV and told me to go to my room.....-_-

interesting lol, now i cant wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom