• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No Kiba, you're going to be nothing. Just like every character not named Naruto and Sasuke.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
......actually they are saying it right.

No they aren't. Japanese doesn't have accents on syllables like that. In the dub they pronounce it as "akaMAru." It should actually be much more even. If you try to say it like "aKAmaru" instead, it would be way closer to how it's supposed to be.

They make the same mistake with Shikamaru's name, only that change in emphasis also changes how the first syllable sounds in his name.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's great, just make fun of the guy who forced you into pulling your trump card. I don't see how that could go wrong.

Amikami

Banned
sauske actually pronounces naruto's name correctly, as in the "japanese way"

Yuri Lowenthal is very good when it comes to the pronounciation of Japanese names and titles.

When I say "everyone" I was mostly talking about, for example, if you would be looking at a game review of a Naruto game, you could tell these guys knew nothing about Naruto or even how to pronounce the characters names. It was funny.

mhs004

No they aren't. Japanese doesn't have accents on syllables like that. In the dub they pronounce it as "akaMAru." It should actually be much more even. If you try to say it like "aKAmaru" instead, it would be way closer to how it's supposed to be.

They make the same mistake with Shikamaru's name, only that change in emphasis also changes how the first syllable sounds in his name.

I actually wasn't paying attention but I guess your right. I also don't pay attention in Japanese so there's that to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom