• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I've never gotten into visual novel type games. Story/narrative are pretty low on the importance scale when it comes to what games I enjoy. I love delving into battle mechanics, progression systems, finding secrets, cool boss battles...

A lot of people tell me I need to play 999 because it is apparently a great story, but I don't care for puzzle games. Similar reasoning as to why I haven't played an Ace Attorney game.

Oh no :(

hahahaha

Damn, just when I got my schedule fixed (starting next week) so I can do it.

How have you not killed yourself yet?

How long do these schedules last? Do they change every week, month, etc...?

Crew schedules are done weekly, but manager schedules are done a month in advanced. There may be some hope though, currently I have Tuesdays and Thursdays off but Tuesdays are when the supervisor comes for the weekly manager meeting. I live an hour away I can't justify a 2 hour round trip for a 1 hour meeting. I talked to the gm and she told me not to worry about this weeks meeting and that we'd fix my schedule to make my commute easier. I'll hardcore push for tuesday and saturday to switch.

I've never gotten into visual novel type games. Story/narrative are pretty low on the importance scale when it comes to what games I enjoy. I love delving into battle mechanics, progression systems, finding secrets, cool boss battles...

A lot of people tell me I need to play 999 because it is apparently a great story, but I don't care for puzzle games. Similar reasoning as to why I haven't played an Ace Attorney game.

If you only play one play Ever 17, its long and boring but that ending man. Wow they ending it blew my god damn mind!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate pure visual novel games but love it when they are cut with something so the puzzle solving in 999 and adventure game bits in Ace Attorney are just what I need.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I honestly prefer VN games that have little bits of gameplay so it feels like I'm actually doing something, like 999 or AA . I really have little motivation to play a flat-out VN when they usually just get adapted to manga &/or anime. If ya like them for the story, cool, that's fine. But if I want to read what happens, I might as well read the subtitles or read the manga adaptation.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So we're not doing the normal featured shows on tonight's watchblock but for those who have nothing to do and want to hang with people we will do something special in 30 minutes.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So we're not doing the normal featured shows on tonight's watchblock but for those who have nothing to do and want to hang with people we will do something special in 30 minutes.

I might be in then, just took my nap so I wouldnt fall asleep during the 6 hour challenge like last time

kayos90

K. So this is the rundown for tonight. It all starts 9:00PM EST which is in less than 30 minutes. We're going to watch an episode of a random show and finish it with a random movie that is really really good. =D

kayos90

Actually I lied. It might be something really really good or something really really bad. It's like 50/50 depending how things go lol

Seeing voice actors in real life will never stop being weird to me. Was flipping through channels a few minutes ago when I noticed Lab Rats was on Disney Channel. My brother, who also watches anime, was there at the time and so I told him this was the show with Naruto. He just looked at me like I was crazy. Then the principal came on the show and he knew what I meant. Even though I was the one that had told him about it, still freaked me out to hear Naruto's voice coming out of the mouth of this grown woman in a pantsuit.

LOLDSFAN

K. So this is the rundown for tonight. It all starts 9:00PM EST which is in less than 30 minutes. We're going to watch an episode of a random show and finish it with a random movie that is really really good. =D

I... Need to keep up with thread better lol. What Case Closed movie are you watching?

anyone mention that tonight we're getting a new lineup promo and a game review?

Also... Yes new lineup promo.

Agreed, apparently
Clelveand is coming back to Family Guy

While scanning channels one night, Cleveland Show was on, he comes up to Quahog and tries to hang out with Peter but gets Stewie and Brian at the door.

Immediately after Cleveland calls out if anyone's home, Stewie's like "Your show get cancelled already?" You're not allowed back, ya know" xD

I don't know, I can handle a little bit of Cleveland back. Sadly, I think he's going to bring his while family back with him. Hope it's just Cleveland Jr. though.

bigkrev

Made it home! Someone must have been rubbing a cat directly over the seat I was in, because my Cat Allergies were in full effect tonight. I had to leave cause I could barely breath ~_~

My body, while damaged, is ready for FLCL

Pre Show Toonami Thoughts

Case Closed 1: Dub shows it age, but it was still enjoyable. Not sure if I continue this if I'll go dub or sub... though I know the dub only covers like 200ish of the 700ish episodes so :X

Wolf Children: I'm not really sure when I went from thinking "ehh it's okay" to "wow this is really enjoyable", but this film in the end really was fantastic. I feel like the later half of the film would have been better off had it focused more on Ame and less on Yuki, her story kind of just stopped without a really satisfying conclusion. Hana was the best character though and her passion for her children really held the film together.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DO DA HOMIE DO DA HOMIE HOMIES OVA HOES HOMIES OVA HOES

Pre Show Toonami Thoughts

Case Closed 1: Dub shows it age, but it was still enjoyable. Not sure if I continue this if I'll go dub or sub... though I know the dub only covers like 200ish of the 700ish episodes so :X

Wolf Children: I'm not really sure when I went from thinking "ehh it's okay" to "wow this is really enjoyable", but this film in the end really was fantastic. I feel like the later half of the film would have been better off had it focused more on Ame and less on Yuki, her story kind of just stopped without a really satisfying conclusion. Hana was the best character though and her passion for her children really held the film together.

If you are going to watch Conan then skip all of the filler. If you do it takes the show down from a daunting 700+ episodes to closer to 300 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom