• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Okay, Haruko hits Naoto in the head and creates a portal, two robots come out one of them, after getting hit, becomes docile? The robots coming out of the portal, was activated by Mamimi learning about the American girlfriend? Was the getting the robot Haruko's goal?

I'm not sure if Naoto was 'targeted' by Haruko for this or if it was happenstance. I think Haruko said something about looking for someone else (Naoto's brother?) but also that he was the first she saw.

Also Naoto's dad and grandad(?) are crazy.

That's what I got out of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, what the heck. I'll see if I can stay awake & find something to do while waiting for FMA Brotherhood & GitS for this week since it's the first episode of GitS.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I ain't gonna lie. Had a such nostalgic feeling watching this episode tonight. It's so fucking awesome, guys. And that ending. <3

Last Dinosaur too for the preview. <3

That's it for me this week. Thanks for the great time like always, ToonamiGAF! See ya next week!!!

Okay, Haruko hits Naoto in the head and creates a portal, two robots come out one of them, after getting hit, becomes docile? The robots coming out of the portal, was activated by Mamimi learning about the American girlfriend? Was the getting the robot Haruko's goal?

I'm not sure if Naoto was 'targeted' by Haruko for this or if it was happenstance. I think Haruko said something about looking for someone else (Naoto's brother?) but also that he was the first she saw.

Also Naoto's dad and grandad(?) are crazy.

That's what I got out of it.

It'll all make sense eventually, Seda. Or not.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FLCL will always have a special place in my heart for being the show I woke up to one night at like 2 or 3 am when I was in like 6th grade and it altered the course of my mind forever (it was the episode
focusing on that theater president girl or whoever
, like all eps it was fricking nuts.) I had accidentally seen eps of Home Movies and some other early AS shows but none had the effect on my that one episode of FLCL did. I didn't even know the name of the anime until years later, and of course the live action ending just further bewildered and enchanted me.

It's one of those things that happened as a kid you'll never be able to replicate, and I will forever love the show deeply for it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't get it. Does Naota have a crush on that girl that has a crush on his brother?

She's
Naota's brother's girlfriend before he left to play baseball in America. Since he left, she's been playing around with Naota as she figures he's the next best thing. She's basically projecting.

I love that this next episode preview is all about different types of Game Boys. :D

As someone who missed the whole Game Boy thing until Color came out, I'm still baffled by all the add ons that came out for it. Sewing machines, printers, a camera, a converter, it's wild. It must have been crazy cool when it came out, though.

So that was the full thing right? Nothing cut

Yep, the whole shebang.

FLCL will always have a special place in my heart for being the show I woke up to one night at like 2 or 3 am when I was in like 6th grade and it having alter the course of my mind forever (it was the episode
focusing on that theater president girl or whoever
, like all eps it was fricking nuts.) I had accidentally seen eps of Home Movies and some other early AS shows but none had the effect on my that one episode of FLCL did. I didn't even know the name of the anime until years later, and of course the live action anime just further bewildered and enchanted me.

It's one of those things that happened as a kid you'll never be able to replicate, and I will forever love the show deeply for it.

That's exactly how I feel about FLCL.

What was supposed to be a quick nap this afternoon turned into a 6 hour snooze, so I'm still good to go. Probably will make it through GITS and call it a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom