• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Putting together some contextual clues, I'm guessing it was summer of 2003 when I first saw FLCL. So I would have been 15, and my brother 11.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Seems like you get it just fine, you just don't like it. It is what it is. It's just a same that you'll be treating FLCL the same way I treat Naruto - as a piss break.

What I REALLY don't get is why it stands head and shoulders above all other anime for so many people. Especially those who, more often than not, DON'T enjoy the types of shows I mentioned.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
She's a political ally of Palpatine and friendly with the council...

Well she's a senator and her and Palpatine know each other.

So Dooku ransomers appear and the only people called to the meeting are two jedi masters, Palpatine, the senator from Naboo and Jar-Jar?

Lets be honest, they just didn't want to animate a new character and Padme hasn't appeared in a few episodes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What I REALLY don't get is why it stands head and shoulders above all other anime for so many people. Especially those who, more often than not, DON'T enjoy the types of shows I mentioned.

Probably because FLCL is a masterpiece and those other shows aren't.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well she's a senator and her and Palpatine know each other.

Know each other?

He was the senior senator from Naboo, and she was its head of state, and, following her term as queen, joined him as a senator form Naboo (and he subsequently went on to become chancelor).

They're more like political allies than acquaintances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom