• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I remember why this episode never clicked with me. It's weird, but not in the enjoyable way like the rest of the episodes are. It's....strange weird.

FLCL's music, editing and sight gags are what make it worth re-watching for me, and this episode is a nice change of pace for the other ones - mainly because of the few spots of ominous stuff before it gets all OTT.

Naota should get with his purple haired friend: cute, sarcastic, not crazy

Dohohohoho

Yall think we're fucking with you guys about SAO. Can't wait for you to actually watch it. VINDICATION!!

SAO spoilers
The main tension of the show just ended, but the show keeps going without anything to make up for that lack of tension besides some damsel in distress bullshit

Seda

I think I learned why Naota's brother wanted to go to America. Not to play baseball, but to get as far away from Mamimi as possible.

Amikami

Banned
I never lie.

We can't make this shit up.
I'm reading the SAO Wiki and... holy dog shit.

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

This FLCL girl is wierd as shit.

See, this is why you rewatch FLCL. I never thought about Big Bro wanting to get the hell away from Mamimi, but that makes perfect sense.

EDIT: What just came out of Naota is the rest of the robot Canti was fighting in episode 1.

yami4ct

the most obvious signs are the various robots that manifest from takkun's head

Yep. As Takkun gets further into puberty and is less able to control his sexual urges, the robots that come out his head are bigger and meaner. It's not all that subtle about it, haha.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
With the kids sing out the future
Maybe, kids don't need the masters
Just waiting for the little Busters (oh yeah...)

With the kids sing out the future
Maybe, kids don't need the masters
Just waiting for the little Busters (oh yeah...yeayea yeah!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom