• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Am I the only one in this thread not playing Pokemon?
I stopped caring for Pokemon games after Silver/Gold (& I was about 9), though I don't mind some of the spin-offs (Pokemon Snap still is a fun game, despite being really short) and I still watched the show for a few more years.

& if we're sharing 3DS (& Wii U) codes, I'll probably post them later or so when I have a chance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My copy came early!

Looking through the thread, am I the only ToonamiGaffer who picked Chespin? Little dude is awesome.

Anyway I just left the big city and my team consists of Charmander, Pikachu, Vivillon and Qilladin. I have to say Quilladin has some crazy coverage. Bite and rollout, damn guys he's beasting so far.

I also like the character customization, I just finished making my guy look more like me.

Final season of Clone Wars has risen from the grave

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110133

Unknown what this means for Toonami

It could mean we're going to wind up getting it at some point, or we just never will because Disney.

My copy came early!

Looking through the thread, am I the only ToonamiGaffer who picked Chespin? Little dude is awesome.

Anyway I just left the big city and my team consists of Charmander, Pikachu, Vivillon and Qilladin. I have to say Quilladin has some crazy coverage. Bite and rollout, damn guys he's beasting so far.

I also like the character customization, I just finished making my guy look more like me.

It could mean we're going to wind up getting it at some point, or we just never will because Disney.

I was all about Chespin until I saw it's final evo, then I learned that after you beat the game
you get a second starter, the one who's weak to your starter so Froakie gets Fennekin, Fennekin gets Chespin, and Chespin gets Froakie
so I bailed out.

Man I still haven't even cleared the first gym yet but I have 22 captured/evolved pokemon in my pokedex. I've got like 8 different pokemon to level 10

LOLDSFAN

Am I the only person catching every Pokemon he finds? I currently have 17 caught Pokemon thanks to trading my second bunnelby which I nicknames trade bait for a farfetch'd

I've only caught what I'm using so far. I don't know if I want to go all in and catch everything now, or just later. It'll probably be tedious either way.

Also I have a lot of cognitive dissonance when it comes to my mains. I feel if I switch up, all that hard training will go to waste. On the other hand if I don't switch up, I'll be stuck with the same old the whole time. D:

Amikami

Banned
Gaaah. I want to play...but I don;t have the game yet :'(. I have such a backlog, I feel guilty even thinking about getting it. Fuck it!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am playing Wild ARMs 3.
I still need to beat the original after downloading it on PSN. I saw I think WA4 in an used game store for about $10-ish or so yesterday. I probably should try getting back into that series one of these days...

TL21xx

Banned
I just finished MGS3.

350662-big_boss_salute.jpg

Don't have the cash for Pokemon, and honestly, it's not a priority for me.

Final season of Clone Wars has risen from the grave

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=110133

Unknown what this means for Toonami

Awesome, was hoping the episodes would be made. Probably won't air on Toonami though. I wouldn't doubt that these either go direct to video, premier online or on Disney XD. Will most likely lead to CN/AS losing the rights to air the series though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Am I the only person catching every Pokemon he finds? I currently have 17 caught Pokemon thanks to trading my second bunnelby which I nicknames trade bait for a farfetch'd

I'm only catching Gen 6 Pokemon since I don't need any of the others to finish my Pokedex (whenever Pokemon Bank manages to go live...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Loving this new EXP Share, lets me throw weak pokemon into my 5th and 6th slot and catch em up quickly
Wasn't that in the original Red/Blue? I remember replaying the Elite 4 a crapton of times with my Charizard with the item equipped so my party got EXP.

I also got it to Lv 99 but then my friend was all "Can I try the game" & I let him while I did something else & he didn't realize there was only 1 save file, so my Lv. 99 Charizard & 120-ish caught Pokemon were gone & then my friend was never heard from again.

Wasn't that in the original Red/Blue? I remember replaying the Elite 4 a crapton of times with my Charizard with the item equipped so my party got EXP.

I also got it to Lv 99 but then my friend was all "Can I try the game" & I let him while I did something else & he didn't realize there was only 1 save file, so my Lv. 99 Charizard & 120-ish caught Pokemon were gone & then my friend was never heard from again.
Yeah, it was called the EXP All. They brought it back.

It got a huge buff though, exp all divided exp up so whoever took place in the battle got 50% and the other 5 pokemon got 10%, in this game the pokemon who won the battle still gets 100% of the exp and every pokemon in your party gets 50%.

Red and Blue EXP All

Pokemon 1 wins battle gets 100 exp
or
EXP All on Pokemon 1 wins battle gets 50 exp, pokemon 2-6 get 10 exp each

XY Exp share

or
EXP share on pokemon 1 wins battle gets 100 exp, pokemon 2-6 get 50 exp each

Edit: Also exp in not split in gen 6, so any pokemon that survived gets 100% exp from the battle AND you get EXP from capturing the same as if you killed them

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm only catching the new bastards, I'm not doing the other 649. I didn't spend dozens of hours in the SoulSilver Safari Zone and painstakingly migrating them to White for nothing!

Jintor

It got a huge buff though, exp all divided exp up so whoever took place in the battle got 50% and the other 5 pokemon got 10%, in this game the pokemon who won the battle still gets 100% of the exp and every pokemon in your party gets 50%.

Red and Blue EXP All

or
EXP All on Pokemon 1 wins battle gets 50 exp, pokemon 2-6 get 10 exp each

XY Exp share

or
EXP share on pokemon 1 wins battle gets 100 exp, pokemon 2-6 get 50 exp each

Yeah basically it just generates XP. Bizarre. But I guess they don't really care too much about balancing XP gain in singleplayer since it doesn't matter in multi

Yeah basically it just generates XP. Bizarre. But I guess they don't really care too much about balancing XP gain in singleplayer since it doesn't matter in multi

If anything it makes multiplayer easier for everyone to access as it doesn't take dozens of hours to level up a team. And now that you can reset and set EVs anytime you want it's not this big grind curve to have a legit team for wifi play.

Azure J

So Toonami-GAF, how many of you will skip something entirely to grind some Pokemon? :p

(Game is too much fun, but I need to hurry up and get to the part where I have 4/6ths of my team ready.)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tonight the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Saki going... HAM? in Valvrave, Jojo recoverying after all that WRYYYYYY in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, "RIDER ENTERS THE FRAY" in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a loli in Darker than Black, and more bananas and "I don't get it" in Steins;Gate. All of this starts in 30 minutes!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 6 - Saki's Comeback!
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 7 - Haruto Under the Rubble
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 4 - Overdrive
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 5 - The Vicious Beast Roars
10:40 - Darker than Black - 3 - A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 4 - Interpreter Rendezvous

P.S. This is the actual schedule. No lying bullshit smoke and mirrors apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom