• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
More like why didn't she tell her kids/why were they too dumb to figure it out. Everyone else in town knew she was blind/going blind.

Where did this scene come from?

Out of nowhere we have a scene of Roy doing forbidden alchemy, attempting to kill himself, Hughes bitch punching him and calling him out. How did 03 manage to make Roy so uncool at times?

I've only watched the first two or three episodes. It's not bad but I'm it's fixing to be finals week and I'm to busy right now. May try it out during christmas break.

Eh, you can probably skip like the first 30-50 episodes just for the sake of it. Don't even remember which episode number I was at when I started posting regularly at the 5am hour

mhs004

Eh, you can probably skip like the first 30-50 episodes just for the sake of it. Don't even remember which episode number I was at when I started posting regularly at the 5am hour

Truly I wasn't that impressed for what I saw. However, I do know that anime's usually start slow so I'll give it another shot in the near future.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Out of nowhere we have a scene of Roy doing forbidden alchemy, attempting to kill himself, Hughes bitch punching him and calling him out. How did 03 manage to make Roy so uncool at times?

For those playing at home/only familiar with the Brotherhood/manga story.

Roy
Went nuts with the partial philosopher's stone, killed Winry's parents, dabbled in human transmutation without going through with it, then attempted to kill himself.

Hughes talked him out of it and sent him on the path to do basically what he does in the anime/manga.

I think he's a better character for it. Got real pathos, has a real weakness he doesn't have in the manga/Brotherhood. Scar had enough stuff hanging over him and didn't need that.

The role of good guy world beater is played instead in FMA '03 by the strongarm alchemist.

i disagree, the first 20 or so are some of the best of the series so far. however, the first two aren't very promising.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah I'd watch at least up until Sango joins and they really establish what's going on in the world before the endless pattern begins.

RIP in peace Hughes

I never really liked his character, he was annoying comic relief that I'm glad his death really kicked the plot into full speed

RIP in peace Hughes

I never really liked his character, he was annoying comic relief that I'm glad his death really kicked the plot into full speed

6EbpwRY.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Keep in mind that the anime was being developed right around the time the manga was going through the whole "Mustang killed Ross!?" plotline. Kinda messes with his characterization if you don't know the end result of that story.

Keep in mind that the anime was being developed right around the time the manga was going through the whole "Mustang killed Ross!?" plotline. Kinda messes with his characterization if you don't know the end result of that story.

Yeah it's weird seeing how the FMA 03 anime handled things, Hughes death happened earlier in the manga but the 03 anime pushed it back til way later (IE added lots of scenes before it) so that they could continue to have strong canon scenes later in the series.

Honestly I don't know who I'd say is my favorite character in FMA, there are so many good characters even the characters I dislike are still 10x better then your average series best character.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was just catching up the last 2 or so pages and I missed so much inuyasha talked, im immensely disappointed I wasent there for it cause after reading the last page im in a huge inuyasha mood.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Laura Bailey actually does a really good grown woman(who is sensual by nature) which surprises me casue she basically only plays preteen to small child girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom