• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

No, I would say everything that happens after
Yusuke dies fighting Sensui and is reborn as a demon
is pretty bad.

That pissed me off too.

tumblr_mx9orsSPcg1rp8rbso5_250.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you noticed ive been inactive for a bit its because ive been playing batman arkahm orgins and left 4 dead 2 everyday

foxuzamaki

No, I would say everything that happens after
Yusuke dies fighting Sensui and is reborn as a demon
is pretty bad.

I wouldnt say that was bad, infact it wasent bad at all, until togashi gave up on the story which was getting super interesting but just wanted to end the manga which ruined the arc for me :(

TheChits

If you noticed ive been inactive for a bit its because ive been playing batman arkahm orgins and left 4 dead 2 everyday

Add me on steam: thechits
I love me some l4d2 but I need more people to play with. Playing with randoms is no fun due to the terrible community lol

foxuzamaki

Still got 69 posts per day; compared to my 2 posts per day.
haha I havent posted anywhere near that in the past 3 or so days
Whoa what? The same dude made YuYu Hakusho and HxH? Talk about a proven track record.
yup, but he's treating HxH worse then YYH lol
Add me on steam: thechits
I love me some l4d2 but I need more people to play with. Playing with randoms is no fun due to the terrible community lol

will do

foxuzamaki

Dude is two for two. How many mangaka can say they've made two super successful series?

Yeah but this is hardly a excuse, especially once I found out how often he takes breaks, like where the anime is now just happen to be when togashi took a break for a long time, this was in 2006, thing is, the anime is almost catching up with the manga, which means since 2006 he has only done probably a dozen or so chapters.

Mangaka who did Rave Master and Fairy Tail also, though Fairy Tail has been way more successful then RM
and Rave Master is way better then FT

Mangaka who did Rave Master and Fairy Tail also, though Fairy Tail has been way more successful then RM
and Rave Master is way better then FT

You could also say Shimabukuro of Toriko fame, though he kind of squandered his first series (which was more popular than One Piece at the time) for having sex with a 16 year old.

Yeah but this is hardly a excuse, especially once I found out how often he takes breaks, like where the anime is now just happen to be when togashi took a break for a long time, this was in 2006, thing is, the anime is almost catching up with the manga, which means since 2006 he has only done probably a dozen or so chapters.

Last major time he returned he did 40 chapters in a row, finishing the Chimera Ant arc, completing the following arc, and starting the current arc. The last he's done at a time is 10 chapters which is number needed for a volume.

You could also say Shimabukuro of Toriko fame, though he kind of squandered his first series (which was more popular than One Piece at the time) for having sex with a 16 year old.

How have we gotten this far without mentioning either Naoki Urasawa (Monster, 20th Century Boys, Billy Bat, Master Keaton) and Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist, Silver Spoon)

Rave Master is sadly one of the many shonen manga series that will never see a full anime adaptation, it's really sad realizing just how few shonen series actually get full adaptations.

Rave Master is sadly one of the many shonen manga series that will never see a full anime adaptation, it's really sad realizing just how few shonen series actually get full adaptations.
It's the way of the business. We'll just have to be content with what we get.
And hope Bleach meets the same fate.

It's the way of the business. We'll just have to be content with what we get.

Bleach and Fairy Tail will eventually come back, it's a matter of when not if. Regardless of how much Bleach's popularity has dropped it still sells really well, same with Fairy Tail. They're probably just waiting for the manga to be close to finishing before they bring back the anime because of the stuff that isn't animated they can probably condense down 5-7 chapters into one episode cause Kubo

If Bleach gets a Final Act then Gucci can spam BRING FINAL ACT TO TOONAMI as well.

Bleach and Fairy Tail will eventually come back, it's a matter of when not if. Regardless of how much Bleach's popularity has dropped it still sells really well, same with Fairy Tail. They're probably just waiting for the manga to be close to finishing before they bring back the anime because of the stuff that isn't animated they can probably condense down 5-7 chapters into one episode cause Kubo
Don't you put that evil on us.

Don't you put that evil on us.

It's a truthfact, heck with how well it does ratings wise I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami/Adult Swim don't help in some way to make sure a Bleach finale anime is created.

Edit: I should clarify, I meant volume sales when I said ratings. the Japanese ratings were dropping at the time where Toonami is now

MikeMyers

It's a truthfact, heck with how well it does ratings wise I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami/Adult Swim don't help in some way to make sure a Bleach finale anime is created.

Edit: I should clarify, I meant volume sales when I said ratings. the Japanese ratings were dropping at the time where Toonami is now

The manga sales have been in decline in the US since Aizens defeat as well; if I remember correctly.

Inuyasha: Final Act is 8 chapters per episode on an average; how many Bleach: Final Act eps could you make out of that?

The manga sales have been in decline in the US since Aizens defeat as well; if I remember correctly.

Inuyasha: Final Act is 8 chapters per episode on an average; how many Bleach: Final Act eps could you make out of that?

479 of the manga is where the Bleach anime currently ends (episode 366). 480 Started the current final arc which is now at chapter 563 so 83 chapters that would be currently 10 episodes at final act pacing and there is currently no end in sight. Unlike Naruto which is confirmed ending in 2014 we haven't heard an exact time on when Bleach is expected to end.

I mean they ended up helping on Space Dandy, and I don't think Bebop has ever done as well ratings wise as Bleach has
But Bebop is a classic and Watanabe is straight up legendary. Even if they didn't need my help i'd be there offering it. Anything to be a part of it. Bleach, on the other hand, would require no help and is not that special. But i've been wrong before.

But Bebop is a classic and Watanabe is straight up legendary. Even if they didn't need my help i'd be there offering it. Anything to be a part of it. Bleach, on the other hand, would require no help and is not that special. But i've been wrong before.

It's not about if they'd need help, I'm simply suggesting AS/Toonami might try and get the ball rolling as Bleach gets closer to it's first Toonami run finishing.

Also just for references sake here is the top 30 selling manga volumes in Japan for 2013

1. One Piece (18,151,599) *
2. Attack on Titan (15,933,801) *
3. Kuroko's Basketball (8,761,081) *
4. Magi (7,151,001) *
5. Naruto (5,553,933) *
6. Silver Spoon (4,858,699) *
7. Assassination Classroom (4,595,820)
8. Hunter x Hunter (4,231,475) *
9. FAIRY TAIL (3,790,151)
10. TERRA FORMARS (3,602,630)
11. Kimi ni Todoke (3,428,352)
12. Gintama (2,864,734)
13. Toriko (2,844,248) *
14. Kingdom (2,805,945)
15. Bleach (2,752,588)
16. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2,588,910) *
17. Space Brothers (2,543,140) *
18. Saint Young Men (2,487,751)
19. Blue Exorcist (2,329,721)
20. Chihayafuru (2,311,857)
21. AO--HARU--RIDE (2,106,452)
22. Haikyu!! (2,056,241) *
23. Ace of Diamond (2,010,045) *
24. Detective Conan (1,966,206) *
25. SKET DANCE (1,783,098)
26. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: bunko (pocket-size) version (1,684,749)
27. Tokyo Ghoul (1,666,348)
28. Black Butler (1,562,863)
29. To Love-Ru Darkness (1,558,973)
30. Nisekoi (1,542,417) *

Everything with a * next to either has an ongoing anime adaptation, is getting one next year, or has another season confirmed.

Totes been watching Naruto this whole time lol not sure how I'm gonna pull off watch the remaining 60 episodes in the week I have left. It's not a huge loss (I've already read the manga) but I was hoping to be caught up to the end of canon by next week. I'll keep chipping away at canon then at filler as Shippuden end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom