• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Togashi is the greatest story writer there is in the manga/anime medium(along side crazy didcated oda).As long as he continues to put out work on that level, the man can take as long as he wants and I don't give a shit if it looks like chicken scratches in the weekly jump issue when the story is just that good.

I can wait for the volume release for better art fix.

What the industry needs more is better story writers with imagination and a vision like togashi & oda more then it needs better artists.

i do wish oda would take a page from togashi and learn to relax, no need to put your life on the line to bring us the next advancements in your epic story.

Honestly I'd rather take Togashi "when I feel like it and know where to take it" to kishi's "I have no idea how the heroes will beat the big final bad lol" and is just stalling for months.

Raxus

Honestly I'd rather take Togashi "when I feel like it and know where to take it" to kishi's "I have no idea how the heroes will beat the big final bad lol" and is just stalling for months.

True. At least Togashi never out right breaks most of his big bads to the point he paints himself into a corner
with one major exception.

Nice sale at Amazon on anime blu-rays (Summer Wars for $13!) including the complete Serial Experiments Lain for $25. I've always wanted to see it, is that probably the lowest price it will see in a while?

Hmm. Trigun complete set (DVD) for $17, just to keep things topical.

Trigun has alternate openings????

Song is the same for all 26 episodes, but several elements change in the original release in Japan that weren't originally brought over such as

- the part that says wanted 60 billion double dollars changes to warning humanoid typhoon after
vash destroys the city in episode 15 iirc

- the part that always shows the villains from episode 1 actually changes each episode to show that episodes villain

Think some other minor changes happen, but those are the two major ones. Netflix doesn't have these and I believe toonami didn't show them back in the day only way to find it is dvd release

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm, I need to go check my original DVDs...though I think I gave those to a friend years ago.

Now that you mention it that does sound awfully familiar.

Azure J

Man, you guys are killing me with all the HxH discussion in here. I need to
see more of the dark continent already. The setup was already too fucking strong between Ging coming back and Netero's son proposing the adventure.

Also, fuck whoever said Murata should draw HxH for Togashi. Not only is it a pipe dream made of platinum, I couldn't imagine the length of time it'd take for us to get four chapters in a decade based on both of their production habits.

TheChits

Finally copped YYH on bluray. Tempted to pick up Serial Experiments Lain as well since I've never seen it and at $25 I figure why not

Moaradin

Although finding out about HxH seems like a blessing and a curse because once I get caught up ill knowghe despair from hsving to wait.

If you aren't already, I would just watch the anime at this point. At least you will see a lot of the great stuff coming up animated, and you'll have something to look forward to every week. Catch up to the manga and you're fucked.

If you aren't already, I would just watch the anime at this point. At least you will see a lot of the great stuff coming up animated, and you'll have something to look forward to every week. Catch up to the manga and you're fucked.
So the anime is better? I guess i'll start it once i'm done with Naruto.

MikeMyers

But so good, YYH is only 180 chapters and the first 20 of those are him being dead doing comedy stuff and the last 20 are just rushed finale. The main arcs everyone loves are only 140 chapters for the 3 of them

I like the early chapters of YYH. Same with Bleach; the HS portion was my favourite part.

I like the early chapters of YYH. Same with Bleach; the HS portion was my favourite part.

There is no bad part of YYH, the final arc is just rushed in that togashi style. Bleach's fake town arc would probably have been tolerable had they gone with final YYH arc pacing.

bigkrev

There is no bad part of YYH, the final arc is just rushed in that togashi style. Bleach's fake town arc would probably have been tolerable had they gone with final YYH arc pacing.

No, I would say everything that happens after
Yusuke dies fighting Sensui and is reborn as a demon
is pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom