• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMA03

the imposter Elric brothers return

Wtfgif-7.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think my most "Meh" Bebop Episode is "Sympathy for the Devil". I generally can find something really memorable in anything Bebop, but I like Udai's "Here's to the Ship that Charmed the Devil!" line more than this entire episode...

All of Jet's history make him my favorite eps outside "Speak Like a Child", which throws Sherry Lynn-adorbs voice at me, so it can't be beat. But his dusty old man tales are the kind of maturity that seems so uncommon in modern anime, enhanced by Beau Billingslea's performances.

Boogey Woogie is one of my favs actually, because I think the only people who are creepy about it are Ed and FayeFaye. I really like the fact that Mei-fa is a young girl with a pretty old "hobby". Instead of her being the "Old people don't understand!" culture clash that most shows would run into the ground, Jet gets paired with a girl who I can reasonably seeing him relate to on a few levels. And it's the best episode to show us a serious take at his fatherly side. He's pretty much the dad of the group, but most other episodes simply play at this humorously (Brain Scratch.)

Toys in the Attic is the ep that made me stick with Bebop, so it's a high fav.

Jet's once-wife in Ganymede Elegy sounds way too much like sympathetic female leads in women's TV shows. "I resented you because you were TOO GOOD TO ME!" Bleh. I love the music during the boat chase, though.

I think the only thing I really hate about Bebop is that it's characters are defined by VERY small spaces in their lives. Jet and Spike have NO childhood whatsoever. I never learned enough about Vicious to sympathize with him AT ALL. Ed has no shown future. Faye has an excuse of missing loads of years, and the best backstory development, but the show ends just when she gets to a point where she might change. And I have to admit that I always felt like Julia's march to death was pushed along way too fast. Beyond being a beauty that looked great in a leather bodysuit, I never felt like I could see WHY Spike made her the focal point of his EVERYTHING.

So I looked up Koi-Koi on Wikipedia. Apparently it was evident in Naruto too lol.

It freaked me out to learn that Genjiro in Samurai Shodown II screams out "INA-SHIK'CHO!" after his multi-pass slashing attack. Predates Naruto's mention of the classic card formation by quite a few years, yet it took me quite a while to make the connection.

TheChits

My controversial opinion?

Every show sucks.

Being serious, I can't get invested into One Piece much.

I've only seen what has been shown on toonami, but yeah, the one piece anime doesn't particularly tickle my pickle so far(that is probably gonna change very soon). The manga is straight god-tier status though

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I already maxed out my dark side meter thanks to the reairing of that sin against humanity kickheart.

It was also in the middle of central and the homonculi couldn't risk killing him in a way that didn't look like natural murder. A gunshot or two from a knocked away gun would draw attention.

in that case lust wouldnt have attacked him first, and Im still finding it peculiar that you put him at fault for hesitating when he turns around to see his wife staring at him with a gun in her hand(who was envy ofcourse)

Crocodile

A) There is no universe in which Hughes is winning a one on one fight with any of the Homunculi. His number was up :(

B) All this talk about Cowboy Bebop warms my heart. It may be overplayed but its still a joy of a show. Much rather see a marathon of Bebop episodes over shows like Clone Wars, IGPX or Inuyasha. I guess this also means they haven't lost the rights to Bebop just yet or did they pay to run these six epsiodes?

Levyne is the official tsundere of toonami gaf and maybe gaf if general, he seems to hate everything

I have yet to see the dere dere side :p

FMA 03

Frank Archer is now a Terminator

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

Yeah that was brain-damagingly stupid :/

B) All this talk about Cowboy Bebop warms my heart. It may be overplayed but its still a joy of a show. Much rather see a marathon of Bebop episodes over shows like Clone Wars, IGPX or Inuyasha. I guess this also means they haven't lost the rights to Bebop just yet or did they pay to run these six epsiodes?

marathon of modern day InuYasha is best marathon

in that case lust wouldnt have attacked him first, and Im still finding it peculiar that you put him at fault for hesitating when he turns around to see his wife staring at him with a gun in her hand(who was envy ofcourse)

Cause he had already seen "Ross" a moment earlier and seen Envy's ability to change his appearance, he also knew from Ed and Al about the Homonculi and had just been attacked by one earlier and up to that point had been depicted as the smartest character on the show besides Ed

Seda

I don't even watch anime outside ToonamiGAF.

As been evidenced by all the shows I haven't seen (or heard of) , this is basically true for me too.

The problem is that whenever I have free time, 99 times out of 100 I'll play a game. I think TV by itself is just a little too passive for me. I'd much rather dive into an interactive medium. I do like watching things with other people because I can talk about it or see what other people have to say as we watch, which I suppose substitutes that factor of interactivity. Oddly enough, when I /do/ get around to watching a show or movie or whatever, I sometimes end up really liking it. It just takes a lot of effort to get me to actually sit down and watch it if I'm by myself.

This might sound incredibly weird, but having a scheduled block of shows with what is essentially a chatroom actually makes it much easier for me to watch. I mentally place it as a part of my routine I guess, because whenever I have time outside of my routine that's when I play games.

This isn't just true for anime, there are tons of classic movies I haven't seen because I haven't bothered to see them.

EDIT: This is also why you don't have to worry about me skipping ahead w.r.t One Piece or whatever.

MikeMyers

As been evidenced by all the shows I haven't seen (or heard of) , this is basically true for me too.

The problem is that whenever I have free time, 99 times out of 100 I'll play a game. I think TV by itself is just a little too passive for me. I'd much rather dive into an interactive medium. I do like watching things with other people because I can talk about it or see what other people have to say as we watch, which I suppose substitutes that factor of interactivity. Oddly enough, when I /do/ get around to watching a show or movie or whatever, I sometimes end up really liking it. It just takes a lot of effort to get me to actually sit down and watch it if I'm by myself.

This might sound incredibly weird, but having a scheduled block of shows with what is essentially a chatroom actually makes it much easier for me to watch. I mentally place it as a part of my routine I guess, because whenever I have time outside of my routine that's when I play games.

This isn't just true for anime, there are tons of classic movies I haven't seen because I haven't bothered to see them.

My major is Film so I have seen most classic films, and I actually dont participate in anything before 5AM because I'm on West Coast. >_<

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I wonder what my tag would be

EDIT: This is also why you don't have to worry about me skipping ahead w.r.t One Piece or whatever.

You havent been at the preshows in a while seda

Levyne

Banned
Gundam of any sort as a late block show would be nice. I haven't the foggiest idea of the situation of rights of those series, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom