• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

maybe Neji will stop acting like a complete dick now

lol, I doubt it

Depression_man-with-hands-over-face-300x199.jpg

At least Hunter x Hunter will keep me warm for a little while longer. The
war.....
arc in Shippuden has got to be one of the worst arcs I have read in a long long time.
What a terrible note to go out on.

Yes because that's a much better use of their Ninja powers then having them get 1 on 1 fights against
famous ninja from the past
, might as well have gotten a bunch of day labors probably be cheaper to have them
pull the 10 tails out of Obito
then having the
the armies of all 5 major Ninja villages
But none of those fights would have mattered. What would be gained from a fight with Tenten or Kiba or Shino? They'd just be fights for the sake of them "having the spotlight". The war arc includes Naruto learning to control the nine tails, the Obito vs Minato fight, the explanation of how Obito became Tobi, the Kages fighting against Madara, the story of the founding of the village. All of these things are actually important. Would you honestly say that they should be cut down in order to show a one on one fight for all the minor characters? A good well-rounded fight would take at least 3 chapters. So about 42 chapters so that everyone could have a go around. So at least one fourth of the arc. I know this is completely Kishimoto's fault for not having given them more of the spotlight before. But he's done well with what he had.

Except in the end
everything that revolved around Tobi being Obito and everything that happened due to that was simply build up for Medara's revival. In the end we wasted 50+ chapters on Naruto vs Obito and all the fight accomplished was killing of Neji (who hasn't been relevant for 300 chapters) and reviving Medara. In the end Tobi might as well have just been a revived Medara it would have expedited the process, or have had Tobi manipulate Negato into using his magic resurrection jutsu but redirecting it to revive Medara at the end of the Pain arc. Naruto training with the 9 tails was good, and as I've said before Naruto training is the only thing the series ever does well and the flash back fight of Obito/Tobi fighting the 4th in the past was shown during this training. The explanation of how Obito became Tobi was awful, the 1st/Medara flash back was poor, Orochimaru was revived and turned into a glorified cheer leader watching the fight from a distance which is embarrassing, most of the fights we got were supbar, Killer Bee is still a god awful character who got waaaaay too much screen time, the 5 kages get fucking off paneled by Medara who "got bored", Sakura showed off her ultimate technique which was completely pointless. Worst of all this arc still has no god damn end in sight.

I will say a few things I did like

Hinata truly taking over the role as main female character, Naruto and Kurama working together for SSJ Naruto, the chapter "Obito Uchina" which showed Obito from early Ninja days up til his "death" with no words was fantastic, Medara's orgasm face when the first showed up was hilarious, Sasuke finally got his head out of his ass and stopped being a retard, Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto was awesome, Naruto, Kakashi and Guy vs Tobi was great with the eye warping shenanigans

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Everyone's talking about Naruto & I'm just sitting here thinking about the fact that Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Revolution is gonna have freakin' Mecha Naruto.

I'm not joking, search "Mecha Naruto" for the scan showing it, it even transforms

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Everyone's talking about Naruto & I'm just sitting here thinking about the fact that Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Revolution is gonna have freakin' Mecha Naruto.

I'm not joking, search "Mecha Naruto" for the scan showing it, it even transforms

wat, thats just adding characters for the sake of having more characters. #bringbackclashofninja

foxuzamaki

Man seeing this part again knowing who the sand kage is makes this really weird.

where they showed orochimaru standing over the 3rd kazekage's body? cause I always thought back to that every once in a while and thought it felt weird lol

Except in the end
everything that revolved around Tobi being Obito and everything that happened due to that was simply build up for Medara's revival. In the end we wasted 50+ chapters on Naruto vs Obito and all the fight accomplished was killing of Neji (who hasn't been relevant for 300 chapters) and reviving Medara. In the end Tobi might as well have just been a revived Medara it would have expedited the process, or have had Tobi manipulate Negato into using his magic resurrection jutsu but redirecting it to revive Medara at the end of the Pain arc. Naruto training with the 9 tails was good, and as I've said before Naruto training is the only thing the series ever does well and the flash back fight of Obito/Tobi fighting the 4th in the past was shown during this training. The explanation of how Obito became Tobi was awful, the 1st/Medara flash back was poor, Orochimaru was revived and turned into a glorified cheer leader watching the fight from a distance which is embarrassing, most of the fights we got were supbar, Killer Bee is still a god awful character who got waaaaay too much screen time, the 5 kages get fucking off paneled by Medara who "got bored", Sakura showed off her ultimate technique which was completely pointless. Worst of all this arc still has no god damn end in sight.

I will say a few things I did like

Hinata truly taking over the role as main female character, Naruto and Kurama working together for SSJ Naruto, the chapter "Obito Uchina" which showed Obito from early Ninja days up til his "death" with no words was fantastic, Medara's orgasm face when the first showed up was hilarious, Sasuke finally got his head out of his ass and stopped being a retard, Itachi and Sasuke vs Kabuto was awesome, Naruto, Kakashi and Guy vs Tobi was great with the eye warping shenanigans
Now you're just dismissing important parts of the story's background for no apparent reason. Kishimoto set up a lot of important things in the war arc. We saw why Obito is the way he is and we saw the terrible things he's done as a result (causing the death of the fourth and Kushina, having the nine tails destroy the village which caused the villagers to resent Naruto, killing off Neji who, no matter what his supposed relevance, was still a main character). Similarly, he set up the final opponent for Naruto and the method for Obito's redemption using Madara. By having him fight the Kages single-handedly, he's shown us how much of an imposing force he is. Instead of just saying that he's some sort of demi-god, we actually got to see how strong he was. Then, by showing us the founding of the village, Kishimoto showed why Madara cannot be reasoned with. The guy has been harboring hate and resentment for over a century. So now that Obito has seen the error of his ways and that it's been shown that Madara is the true evil behind it all, he can eventually redeem himself by somehow helping Naruto to defeat him. If Madara had just been revived like you said, there'd be little to no investment in the story. "Here's a big baddy. Now beat him up because he's evil or something." You say that you can't see an end in sight, but to me it's clear as crystal. Madara will be defeated thanks to Naruto, Sasuke and Obito. Naruto will have stopped the great evil of the world, Obito will redeem himself for all he's done, and Sasuke will reinforce the fact that he's no longer a bad guy. This arc could also be used to finally make Naruto the hokage because he will have proven himself to the entirety of the ninja world, not just his own village. But really, that's dealer's choice. As for the other stuff you mentioned, that's really more personal preference/Kishimoto not being perfect. I personally like Killer B. Orochimaru definitely got the shaft, but it's too early to tell for Sakura. Maybe when all this is over Tsunade retires and Sakura becomes head of the medical corps who are now super awesome or something. But probably not. Like I said, Kishimoto ain't perfect.

foxuzamaki

Welp, I just got spoiled by a certain gif in animegaf, has something to do with toonamigaf's favorite show, and well, your not gonna like it when we get to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom