• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.
one character chops at his arm with a broken blade in order to sever it as a woman is raped in front of him and all of his friends are torn apart by monsters
Ww3VwBy.gif

it might be on youtube. i haven't seen the third movie, but in the series they dedicate like an entire episode to that part so i would assume it's pretty damn long. i haven't even told you the context, which makes it even more fucked up haha

Branduil

If I had a dollar for every time someone was raped in Berserk I would have enough money to buy as much Idolmaster DLC as Miura.

Raxus

It and HxH would be in my top 5 best ongoing manga if they weren't on hiatus hell.

That list looks something like this

1. One Piece
2a. Berserk
2b. HxH
2. Magi
3. Aunts Tits
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. Swagmoto
4 is Attack on Titan right?

LOL I always see mangaGAF talking about Aunt Tits. I am too afraid to check it out.

Branduil

Berserk must be pretty damn good for you to tolerate such craziness.

It's not really that good outside of the Golden Age arc(think Game of Thrones with more misogyny and violence). I stopped reading it a while ago because the story was going nowhere and Miura overuses sexual violence to the point of it just being gross.

It and HxH would be in my top 5 best ongoing manga if they weren't on hiatus hell.

That list looks something like this

1. One Piece
2a. Berser
2b. HxH
2. Magi
3. Aunts Tits
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. Swagmoto

Oh wow. It must be really, really good if it places so high. Hrm. To check it out or not.

Don't deny it till you try it

4 is Attack on Titan right?

LOL I always see mangaGAF talking about Aunt Tits. I am too afraid to check it out.

No Attack on Titan is Shingeki no Kyojin, Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking sports manga.

Oh wow. It must be really, really good if it places so high. Hrm. To check it out or not.

Manga is an incredible read, couldn't put it down till I was caught up :X

Raxus

I really need to get start reading the Toriko manga. I hear good things and the anime censors a lot of the violence.

Also knowing what goes on in the HxH manga and visiting the anime thread is torture some times. The good kind mind you but still. Must...not...fill another thread with black boxes.

ckohler

I really wish Kill La Kill would appear on Toonami. It's such a fun show and would be perfect for ToonaniGAF's real-time reactions. Mako is awesome and adorbs.

Valvrave episode 18?
Jojo episode 11
Fate/zero episode 14
Darker than black episode 12
Steins gate episode 15

Believe these are correct will double check

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, wat? I feel like you're talking about some fever dream you had.

The Berserk manga STARTS with the main character banging a chick in the forest who turns out to be a grotesque demon in disguise that wants to eat him that he then blasts in the fucking face with a crossbow.

I'm not spoiler tagging that because it's literally like the first 5 pages of the first chapter.

mhs004

The Berserk manga STARTS with the main character banging a chick in the forest who turns out to be a grotesque demon in disguise that wants to eat him that he then blasts in the fucking face with a crossbow.

I'm not spoiler tagging that because it's literally like the first 5 pages of the first chapter.

So god damn manly

And the first chapter is also like 100 pages long, the first 9 chapters are each that long

Man, if I had a nickel for every time that's happened to me.

I really wish Kill La Kill would appear on Toonami. It's such a fun show and would be perfect for ToonaniGAF's real-time reactions. Mako is awesome and adorbs.

I'll second that, but I just wonder how much that fan service would play into whether or not it could air. If something like King Star King could air, I don't see why KLK couldn't, but it's always apples to oranges in this stuff.

You would think Aniplex wants the exposure (no pun intended) for the show, especially if they plan to gouge you on the home release like SAO.

Are you sure that wasn't Korgoth?

Seda

First of all, some of the fanservicey outfits in Kill La Kill suppress any anticipation for it on my part. Although I havent seen the show so I dont know the prevalence. Mako's design is fine though.

Second, Laura Bailey is way overused. I honestly kind of hate how easily I can pick out her voice. Rather it'd be someone else.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Laura Bailey is closer to Troy Baker though; mainly video games with anime sprinkled in.

The more I watch Kill la Kill the more I think it'd be too hard to edit without having scenes redone entirely, which would be grossly expensive.

Moaradin

Kill la Kill wouldn't need any editing. The fanservicy stuff is totally tongue-in-cheek and the show is super aware of itself. As far as nudity goes, there isn't anything explicit.

King Star King showed way more than Kill la Kill ever does.

Kill la Kill wouldn't need any editing. The fanservicy stuff is totally tongue-in-cheek and the show is super aware of itself. As far as nudity goes, there isn't anything explicit.

King Star King showed way more than Kill la Kill ever does.

What he said. The show would be fine on AS.

Yeah there's no way they would show the Berserk movies on Toonami. From what Ive seen of the the third one's Eclipse scene (its on youtube)is the most violent thing I've seen in an anime.

King Star King also aired in a block of tv that isn't rated the daylight savings hour. Did KSK ever air on AS outright?

Wait, the daylight savings hour isn't rated? So it's like a ghost hour. The hour that never was. Anywho, the show has apparently been green-lit for tv, so it's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom