• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I might make a project of catching up to this thread by marathoning Samurai Seven, Deadman Wonderland and of course Casshern Sins.

Levyne

Banned
I must be working too hard, 5 minutes later and I'm all "what the hell did I just post in the Toonami thread". My mind is eroding.

I blame SAO

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well have you read the manga? It's pretty easy to see why we enjoy the spectacle if you do.
*googles plot*

"She is an extremely beautiful woman who is also a non-tenured professor at his college. When he arrives at her apartment, she shows him her breasts and tells him that he will be her "guinea pig" in her reverse Hikari Genji project."

.....*googles plot*

LOLDSFAN

I might make a project of catching up to this thread by marathoning Samurai Seven, Deadman Wonderland and of course Casshern Sins.

Eh good luck with that.

Then again watching it all in one setting might be the best bet. Just get it over with and not have to drag through it all.

*googles plot*

"She is an extremely beautiful woman who is also a non-tenured professor at his college. When he arrives at her apartment, she shows him her breasts and tells him that he will be her "guinea pig" in her reverse Hikari Genji project."

.....*googles plot*

Looks like it has plot alright. :V

Seda

I must be working too hard, 5 minutes later and I'm all "what the hell did I just post in the Toonami thread". My mind is eroding.

I blame SAO

ibx1Eeh3sGw45U.gif

I know this response doesnt make sense but I wanted to post the gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
*googles plot*

.....*googles plot*

7v0jSOA.gif

Movies That Will Never Air On Toonami:

Berserk Golden Age 3 (Would be edited to death)
Any of the Shippuden Movies
La Blue Girl (lol)
Mad Bull 34
End of Evangelion (ToonamiGAF would be on suicide watch)

Seda

Every movie they've aired/announced so far (ReBuild, Akira, Summer Wars, FMA, Trigun) are all FUNimation, correct?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Funimation knows how to get people to buy their products, they almost always have great localizations and are reasonably priced.

WE ARE ANIPLEX! WE STILL LIVE IN THE 90'S!
BUY 5 EPISODES FOR $80 DOLLARS! GIVE US YOUR MONEYS!

Wait, King Star King is actually happening? Did the Toonami audience's negative reaction not scare them? Maybe they think the *ahem* "stoner" audience will prefer it when aired next to China, IL and Aqua Teen Why Are We Still on the Air? My guess is they think the Toonami audience and the Sunday Night Comedy audience are vastly different. Even though there is overlap with the better shows like Venture Bros, Boondocks, Black Dynamite and recently Rick & Morty (which is actually pretty good).

Raxus

Laura Bailey is closer to Troy Baker though; mainly video games with anime sprinkled in.

The more I watch Kill la Kill the more I think it'd be too hard to edit without having scenes redone entirely, which would be grossly expensive.

I dunno. With King Star King getting green lit I don't see why Kill la Kill would have to hop through so many hoops for anatomically incorrect transformation sequences.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well have you read the manga? It's pretty easy to see why we enjoy the spectacle if you do.
Alright, so in all seriousness, I've read a few chapters so far of Minamoto-kun Monogatari & I kind of like the direction it's going in...sort of. I find it hard to believe with a face like that, he got teased for looking like a girl (I'm not really seeing it, but maybe I will eventually), though maybe it's because I've seen more... I guess "convincing" is the word I'm looking for (Edit: Chapter 10: Okay,there's a panel that DOES show he looks like a girl at times. Just a shame it seems to be in the minority when that happens). I do like the fact it's not just "nooooooo, I don't wanna be around girls anymore" and someone forces him, but more of "I like girls, but I want to get rid of this fear due to trauma, so please help me!". Though my only frame of reference with a similar plot is Girls Bravo, except the main character is actually ALLERGIC to woman because of being picked on so much by them, & that was more on humor and "yeaaaah, that's the plot, but you want THIS plot that's part of self-contained stories!". In any case, I'm intrigued, and I'll read more once I finish Jojo Part 7/Steel Ball Run since I'm close to the end and wanna get that done first.

Also it's not as ecchi as I was expecting it to be booooo how disappointing what an interesting fact...Edit: Chapter 15: THERE WE GO!!

But I think I've gone off topic enough, despite liking the recommendation/name-dropped manga.

why-would-you-do-that.jpg

I dunno. With King Star King getting green lit I don't see why Kill la Kill would have to hop through so many hoops for anatomically incorrect transformation sequences.
To be fair, the series is still on-going, so they probably don't know if there'd be anything to be censored, but yeah, considering how THAT managed to air, I still stand on the grounds that Kill La Kill would be fine.

WE ARE ANIPLEX! WE STILL LIVE IN THE 90'S!
BUY 5 EPISODES FOR $80 DOLLARS! GIVE US YOUR MONEYS!

You want imported anime, we'll import the otaku pricing structure too!

I forget if it was on his Ask.fm page or a Toonami Q&A, but I swear someone asked about what you can get away with if it's a comedy compared to action, and DeMarco basically acknowledged it's not a level playing field.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I would love to see End of Eva reactions. Wish we could do that as a pre-block movie one of these days. Maybe when 3.33 hits Toonami.

Raxus

I know you love Inuyasha Mike but if they do air Final Act it will air at 1:30 at best. Naruto/One Piece would take the midnight slot.

Ultratech

Welp, good luck marathoning Casshern.

(You'll need it.)

*googles*
*reads*

I understand now.

Oh god, I would love to see End of Eva reactions. Wish we could do that as a pre-block movie one of these days. Maybe when 3.33 hits Toonami.

That'd be pretty funny.

As far as 3.33 goes...
I think people would be disappointed/confused/have way too many questions

I've got the same thing planned once I get caught up with Naruto (and watch YYH thanks to big krev)

Need to watch dmwl, cass sins, e7, and s7. No interest in watching blundercats 2011. Will wait for sbt to rerun before watching. Think that's everything thats aired that I've missed

Sounds more or less identical to the main tv series and the rebuild films to me

i don't think so. the acting quality has definitely gone up for both the main characters and the background characters, and Shinji's voice got cranked back a few levels on the annoying meter.

Raxus said:
I know you love Inuyasha Mike but if they do air Final Act it will air at 1:30 at best. Naruto/One Piece would take the midnight slot.

i dunno actually. they seem to not want to move stuff around much, and InuYasha's popularity (as well as its continued popularity at the 5am hour) might prompt them to try it out in an early slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom