• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Bleach director seemed to liked it enough to remake it in filler, ironically I think the Bleach and YYH have the same director anime-wise.

Do you mean the Fullbringer arc?
... That's not filler. I know it feels like it, but that's pure Kubo writing.

MikeMyers

Do you mean the Fullbringer arc?
... That's not filler. I know it feels like it, but that's pure Kubo writing.

No, one of the earlier filler arcs, right after Soul Society I think.

Urahara has a set-up where villains are attacking Ichigo, and its similar to how Genkai did it to Yusuke's group in Chapter Black.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also Kagome sounds completely different but fine but the LORD SESSHOMARU voice actor sounds almost exactly the same.

I had forgotten about this weird fillerish episode about Naruto getting to the stadium for the final exam. Talk about killing the mood. We get a super tense episode about Gaara and then this.

I had forgotten about this weird fillerish episode about Naruto getting to the stadium for the final exam. Talk about killing the mood. We get a super tense episode about Gaara and then this.

Equivalent exchange, for Naruto to have a dark and tense episode, it must also have a goofy and pointless one to compensate.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I totally remember this being a thing people brought up years ago, naruto would have this super tense serious episode, and then the next would be a happy go lucky episode

Man, that Naruto vs Neji fight. I had forgotten how hype it was. Got my blood boiling and everything. I'm really glad I decided to watch the series again.

MikeMyers

sIrpS.jpg

holy shit. Lil Gaara needed so many hugs. He almost had it as bad as Crona.

edit: Okay, maybe hugs won't do the trick. Fucking Yashamaru

edit 2: Perfect Possession...it's a lion. it's huge

Ohai Nine-Tailed Fox

edit: And I guess that's the end for
the Third Hokage. Couldn't even kill Orochimaru. YOU FAIL! ;_;7

And I'm done for the night. 80 down, 56 to go

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I recall Toonami had a few episodes of Eyeshield 21 on their online streaming site, Jetstream. Otherwise, yeah, just Prince of Tennis.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Going back to Bleach for a second, I genuinely think the Fullbring arc was MUCH better than the current manga arc. I mean, it wasn't good or anything, and a lot of shit was just flat out not explained at all, but at least it told a story and had something resembling structure.

I really don't understand what people see in the current arc. Is it because of the promise that it's ending? So far the whole blood war arc has been a rushed as hell clusterfuck. The arc didn't even have any build up, foreshadowing, or world building to establish the coming conflict. Just straight from zero to "bullshit side characters are already in mid-battle against people you've never heard of and have no reason to give a shit about" IMMEDIATELY. It's like if the Soul Society arc skipped the 20 episodes of getting to know Rukia and then jumped over the whole "getting into Seireitei" part and had Ganju fighting Yumichika right off the bat. Or if the whole Arrancar/Hueco Mundo thing skipped over all the stuff in the world of the living, Ichigo's rivalry with Grimmjow, and Orihime's choosing to leave and launched straight into Ichigo fighting that ridiculous matador dude for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom