• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

hey speaking of sport anime what do you guys think of free i think it could be a good decision

iCqd7h3H1hs0y.gif

I had forgotten how much of a tear jerker the story of Neji's dad was. Talk about breaking my legs and putting me in a feels chair. Onto Shikamaru's match!

bigkrev

hey speaking of sport anime what do you guys think of free i think it could be a good decision

If your actually being serious, and if you remove all the fan service from it, its a perfectly average sport show with really nice animation. If you don't mind the fanservice, its perfectly watchable. If you WANT the fanservice....... you should have watched it 6 months ago.
Sacred upperbodies

LOLDSFAN

So I'll be out of town this weekend visiting family for Christmas.

That means I'll be missing Pre Block and Toonami. :[

Enjoy Conquerors of Sharkbaithoohaha.
I've already seen it so yay.

Tamanon

Banned
I would kill for another Trigun season. Hell, I'd prefer that to another Bebop season, but that's just because I love Vash and
Wolfwood :(

If you were expecting digimon 2.0 and got more of a family drama slice of live anime that just happened to have an mmo virus monster in it that'd be an understandable disappointment (toonami's promo made the film look a lot more action packed). I just don't see how you didn't appreciate the slice of life as it was well animated, well acted, and emotional when it needed to. Honestly the action scenes were probably the worst part, the film probably would have been better served with more game like challenges against the ai and not straight up combat.

If you were expecting digimon 2.0 and got more of a family drama slice of live anime that just happened to have an mmo virus monster in it that'd be an understandable disappointment (toonami's promo made the film look a lot more action packed). I just don't see how you didn't appreciate the slice of life as it was well animated, well acted, and emotional when it needed to. Honestly the action scenes were probably the worst part, the film probably would have been better served with more game like challenges against the ai and not straight up combat.

eh. only because the action made the games look silly by comparison.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fun fact about trigun spoiler for people who never seen the show
as far as I've read anyway, wolfwood never dies

eh. only because the action made the games look silly by comparison.

The problem is Oz wasn't really a battle game, it did have a battle mode but most of its user base didn't use it for that. You could still have rabbit guy fight, but quickly realize straight up combat wouldn't work against such an unstoppable foe and go for more creative solutions based upon what Oz actually is. Oz had tons of sport like competitions honestly the family challenging the virus to like a oz soccer game would have worked better then "our avatars are our wager".

Not that I didn't like the card game finale mind you, I'm just talking out loud.

Fun fact about trigun spoiler for people who never seen the show
as far as I've read anyway, wolfwood never dies

I dunno how far you've read the manga or watched the anime but spoilers for both
wolfwood dies in both, in the manga he dies sitting next to vash on a couch, in the anime he dies over his cross repenting

The problem is Oz wasn't really a battle game, it did have a battle mode but most of its user base didn't use it for that. You could still have rabbit guy fight, but quickly realize straight up combat wouldn't work against such an unstoppable foe and go for more creative solutions based upon what Oz actually is. Oz had tons of sport like competitions honestly the family challenging the virus to like a oz soccer game would have worked better then "our avatars are our wager".

Not that I didn't like the card game finale mind you, I'm just talking out loud.

well, i'm saying that neither are really bad on their own. i mean, if you isolated the battle and then the card game from each other both are pretty good. but one after another is where things start to fall apart a bit; i would've been happier if they didn't have the battle scene at all or if the finale mashed a bunch of stuff together, with all the characters doing what they were best at and maybe just everything had the whole "account wager" thing attached to it. for a movie that tried to build this idea of working together, ending on that card game is kind of ridiculous.

well, i'm saying that neither are really bad on their own. i mean, if you isolated the battle and then the card game from each other both are pretty good. but one after another is where things start to fall apart a bit; i would've been happier if they didn't have the battle scene at all or if the finale mashed a bunch of stuff together, with all the characters doing what they were best at and maybe just everything had the whole "account wager" thing attached to it. for a movie that tried to build this idea of working together, ending on that card game is kind of ridiculous.

Or they could have established the combat wasn't level but player skilled based do you could have had a big family march on the villain like the one guy had talked about their ancestors doing the whole film.

I have a question that's probably been answered already: Should I watch the movie this weekend if I haven't seen all of Brotherhood? The current run is my first time watching.

Finally, Sasuke's backstory with his bro. I'm sure Itachi has a "perfectly" good reason for killing everyone

please don't be a stupid reason

Smh

At least explain why you "thought it was awful" as awful is a really strong word.
Haha maybe 'awful' was too strong of a word, it wasn't kick-heart bad but I just thought it was very predictable and boring, especially after being mind fucked by Akira the week before.

I probably need to watch it again, I used to hate One Piece but obviously came around. You know I'm prone to knee-jerk reactions, it's my thing.

I have a question that's probably been answered already: Should I watch the movie this weekend if I haven't seen all of Brotherhood? The current run is my first time watching.

You're going to be completely fucking lost

03 ending goes complete bat shit.

Imagine a version of bleach where half way through the soul society Ichigo stumbles into an alternate dimension where the soul society doesn't exist and humans fight aliens war of the worlds style. That's basically how foreign this movie will be.

Haha maybe 'awful' was too strong of a word, it wasn't kick-heart bad but I just thought it was very predictable and boring, especially after being mind fucked by Akira the week before.

I probably need to watch it again, I used to hate One Piece but obviously came around. You know I'm prone to knee-jerk reactions, it's my thing.

And the chimera ant arc lol. I'm going to guess you thought the movie would be more like the toonami trailer (big action movie) and less like how it actually was. Search for the original release trailer on youtube it's like 2 minutes and almost 75% of it doesn't even mention the evil ai shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom