• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OH MAN, YOU GUYS READY FOR CONQUEROR OF SHAMBADABING?!?! Tonight's gonna be fuuuuuuun!!

Datface.jpg

...actually, holy crap, it's been over 7 years since the movie came out. Has it really been that long ago? Probably saw it about 5-ish years ago & was the first time I heard the JPN voices.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I almost bought the full series of Soul Eater for 45 bones at Best Buy, then saw it was like 20 on Amazon. LOL Best Buy stay losing

BB has been my goto place for Wii U equipment...and very little else.

20% off eshop cards returns tomorrow so I'm going to stock up again.

I also got four of the Greatest Controller of ALL TIME for an average price of 20 bucks each. If I had gambled though I could have got them for 20 bucks total. It is sort of out of the way for a BB so it might have made it that far.

BB has been my goto place for Wii U equipment...and very little else.

20% off eshop cards returns tomorrow so I'm going to stock up again.

I also got four of the Greatest Controller of ALL TIME for an average price of 20 bucks each. If I had gambled though I could have got them for 20 bucks total. It is sort of out of the way for a BB so it might have made it that far.

Sweet will get some of those cards tomorrow

So did you buy Soul Eater?

I will, I just need the rest of my check to clear which should be monday. Will pull the trigger on blu ray Soul Eater, Blu Ray Summer Wars, and maybe Blu Ray Akira then.

Darker than Black question.
Are all Contractors really just innately evil or is it more of a "those damn dirty contractors always killing and stuff" thing? Like, is it just an assumption by everyone? I know Hei is pretty okay but apparently he was supposed to have been different before so I'm just wondering if blood lust comes included with your set of magical powers. Sidenote: Huang sure hates Contractors. Maybe they should have gotten someone who isn't that much of a dick.

I will, I just need the rest of my check to clear which should be monday. Will pull the trigger on blu ray Soul Eater, Blu Ray Summer Wars, and maybe Blu Ray Akira then.

Aww yiss. Sounds like a good time.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Without going into detail, does Shippuden match the highs of original Naruto? Because this show is freaking awesome right now. I see why you and fox are such big fans.

Ive cried several times from several moments in shippuden, while I got a rush of emotions from part 1, I think part 2 is when it realy shines.

Moaradin

Honestly, I thought some of the highs of Shippuden are much higher than Naruto. Shippuden has genuinely sad moments that I thought was very well done.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Darker than Black question.
Are all Contractors really just innately evil or is it more of a "those damn dirty contractors always killing and stuff" thing? Like, is it just an assumption by everyone? I know Hei is pretty okay but apparently he was supposed to have been different before so I'm just wondering if blood lust comes included with your set of magical powers. Sidenote: Huang sure hates Contractors. Maybe they should have gotten someone who isn't that much of a dick.

Aww yiss. Sounds like a good time.

No, the contractors that just happen to be through most of the show are bad, contractors also lose alot of emotion cept for a few oddballs so they can do things others cant without things like remorse, but if you think contractors are bad with their lack of emotions you should really see the dolls like yin
and that lil blonde boy thats with november 11
, they basically or atleast dont show any emotion at all

Heh. Enjoying this little detective story. Guy certainly has more personality than Hei. Laughing my ass off at the ear thing. Steins;Gate is up next.

No, the contractors that just happen to be through most of the show are bad, contractors also lose alot of emotion cept for a few oddballs so they can do things others cant without things like remorse, but if you think contractors are bad with their lack of emotions you should really see the dolls like yin
and that lil blonde boy thats with november 11
, they basically or atleast dont show any emotion at all

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Darker Than Black is such a good premise ruined almost immediately by its second season. I've never experienced anything that went downhill that fast.

Shit be going down in Steins;Gate. Loved the meta joke by Daru during this episode. The guy gets it. Come to me, second episode!

Darker Than Black is such a good premise ruined almost immediately by its second season. I've never experienced anything that went downhill that fast.

Hrm.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have very few disappointments when it comes to anime or video game sequels.

MGS 4 was the most soul crushing, followed by Perfect Dark Zero. Everything else has been somewhere between not quite as good to slightly disappointing.

As far as anime goes my original largest disappointment was fixed with the FUNimation version of One Piece, but as far as sequels go I'd rank E7 Movie/AO as my Perfect Dark Zero and Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor would be MGS 4.

The analogy fits even better because I refuse to play more than an hour or so of PDZero and have watched about that much of AO/the movie combined yet have beaten MGS 4 and watched all of DTB.

I'd put the disappointment over what I feel about the Star Wars prequels as a fan of that.

Raxus

What did you find disappointing about One Piece? I feel Funimation is doing a good job with it.

Or are you talking about the 4kids butchered version?

Speaking of 4kids, I would have paid to see how they would handle a certain character that comes up
Ivankov

All this talk about Shining Finger on Steins;Gate keeps making me think of James Bond. Or is it referencing Gundam? This and Jojo's are probably my favorite of the shows on the preblock.

somebody says their DVR lists these Cowboy Bebop episodes following Trigun:

2:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Ballad of Fallen Angels
2:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Jupiter Jazz, Part 1
3:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Jupiter Jazz, Part 2
3:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Mushroom Samba
4:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Pierrot le Fou
4:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - Hard Luck Woman
5:00 AM - Cowboy Bebop - The Real Folk Blues, Part 1
5:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop - The Real Folk Blues, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom