• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone with an ios device in here should download Goblin Sword, it's awesome and on sale for .99 cents right now.

why spend $0.99 on that when you can get this?

2014-09-1221_01_31-kobypun.png

Since this is the thread I'm most active in, turning platinum again at Club Nintendo has paid off with Smash demo codes, and I figure, why not give 'em away here?

I have 3, so first 3 to PM me will get a hookup.

Not too good with sarcasm, huh?

Please, good sir, shower me with the knowledge that is so clearly beyond me when I ask where the sarcasm is when responding to "haha, a voice actor wants a Smash demo so he's giving away a recording" with "only 8 retweets" even though I am not worthy

MikeMyers

That was anime only, manga doesn't have that divide. Same with Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z its just one manga dragon ball, the dbz manga in the us is just viz adding a z to the db manga books.

It wouldn't be the first time a manga has ended without tying up all lose ends and it certainly won't be the last.
Actually, Viz has taken the "Z" off in their recent manga releases.

Hitman Reborn might have a place on Toonami

Even if it got dubbed, that show has a couple of problems (outside of quality; I enjoyed it well enough overall, though). The first ~20 episodes are focused on really lame comedy, and the show is not mature enough for Adult Swim. Hell, the anime even does 4Kids style edits (at the start) by making Reborn's gun green and making it shoot energy blasts. However, the entire mafia thing makes it so it would never be shown as a children's series here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, I remember wanting to check out the anime & watching the first episode and being disappointed in the fact they made that gun change. I can't remember how into the series I got into high school since my friend let me borrow the manga, but I feel like if I ever had the time, I should get back into the series. Is that still going, or did it finish some time ago?

KumaJG

Ugh, I remember wanting to check out the anime & watching the first episode and being disappointed in the fact they made that gun change. I can't remember how into the series I got into high school since my friend let me borrow the manga, but I feel like if I ever had the time, I should get back into the series. Is that still going, or did it finish some time ago?

Finished. I can't think of dark/mature animes I want to see dubbed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Considering Hitman Reborn's manga bombed here in NA (of the 42 volumes, only 16 were released in English), where as Hunter x Hunter still releases new volumes here (when they come out.......), it's safe to say Reborn is never getting dubbed. Hopefully HxH will.

Jarate

Banned
still salty they wont let me use the CCP as the second stick :|

I have a hard time using the current CCP and pressing a button at the same time, will take some getting used to

BatDan

So... I got the Club Nintendo e-mail.
I gave one of the codes away already, so I have two left.

PM if you're interested.

EDIT: And they are gone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i didn't have email notifications turned on so now i am sad

I must be too as I never get these promotions yet am always on the high end of Platinum every year.

2013 was a ridiculous year, especially for the 3DS and buying all digital means you get even more points than usual from third party games. I think I cleared 3000 last year?

I must be too as I never get these promotions yet am always on the high end of Platinum every year.

2013 was a ridiculous year, especially for the 3DS and buying all digital means you get even more points than usual from third party games. I think I cleared 3000 last year?

Man God, what is ToonamiGAF if not a group of friends? Do you need a code? I will give one to you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God, what is ToonamiGAF if not a group of friends? Do you need a code? I will give one to you.

I got one from Beware the BatDan and one earlier from someone else. Played my buddy in a few quick matches because of it.

I just wish I'd get codes to give out.

Zonic game me a code, got platinum but never got the email ;-;

Demo is fantastic one of my irl buddies got a code from someone at his work and we're gonna do 4 player demo tomorrow night woo!

BatDan

I watched some Doraemon episodes in Japanese, and I'm surprised at how accurate the dub is to the original. Sure there are edits and name changes, but the show's spirit and charm still pulls through. It's not like 4Kids One Piece where it tries to be non-stop jokes even during serious scenes.

Then again, it helps that Doraemon is episodic not serialized, and it's meant for an even younger audience, but it's still fairly accurate.

Raxus

Much like Pokemon, Doraemon is a great pick up since it is an actual kids show. One Piece belonged on Toonami in the first place since it was aimed at an older demographic.
But science is BS. Interpret these 4 experiments, thanks.

Science was my forte. Easy peasy. Not surprising I am working in a science oriented field.

SCIENCE!

Soulflarz

Banned
Much like Pokemon, Doraemon is a great pick up since it is an actual kids show. One Piece belonged on Toonami in the first place since it was aimed at an older demographic.

Science was my forte. Easy peasy. Not surprising I am working in a science oriented field.

SCIENCE!
I meant BS as in i have NO clue how to study for it. (Not like i would have anyways. I have no clue what to do with my life. Only things that interest me are people/helping people/advice and games/tech, and idt i wana do either)

BatDan

That is true (outside of the weird stuff that's only appropriate for Japanese audiences).
I do find it strange how all the editing choices were made by the Japanese right holders and NOT Disney.

That is true (outside of the weird stuff that's only appropriate for Japanese audiences).
I do find it strange how all the editing choices were made by the Japanese right holders and NOT Disney.
Probably cause the japanese knew that they were gonna do it and didnt want them to just blatantly edit the series so they did it so that the edits would at least be tastefully done

I watched some Doraemon episodes in Japanese, and I'm surprised at how accurate the dub is to the original. Sure there are edits and name changes, but the show's spirit and charm still pulls through. It's not like 4Kids One Piece where it tries to be non-stop jokes even during serious scenes.

Then again, it helps that Doraemon is episodic not serialized, and it's meant for an even younger audience, but it's still fairly accurate.

Doraemon kind of annoyed me. everyone was always shouting in their cartoon character voices and all of the one kid's friends were assholes

Ultratech

If we're talking about hot blooded shounen, then the only answer is G Gundam.

THIS HAND IF MINE IS BURNING RED

Heh, I was thinking about G Gundam this morning.

Mostly about how hype the music gets in the 2nd half and the Sekiha Tenkyoken.

Everyone with an ios device in here should download Goblin Sword, it's awesome and on sale for .99 cents right now.

Tempting, but I've been addicted to Dragon Poker lately.

Good stuff.

Heh, I was thinking about G Gundam this morning.

Mostly about how hype the music gets in the 2nd half and the Sekiha Tenkyoken.

Tempting, but I've been addicted to Dragon Poker lately.

Good stuff.
G Gundam is the most cheesy, dumb, and over the top mecha anime ive ever seen, its great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom