• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I just want to know ANY news about a HxH release over here. Anime is about to end in 2 episodes and we still don't know who has the rights. Hopefully some progress on that will be made soon when the anime ends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail has more consistent fan service in the anime. It's never far from what is going on. At the same time One Piece has caught up on it recently and it is true that FT the anime is downright puritanical compared to the manga. Same with Kenichi which manga just plain hasn't given a shit about nudity in five years or so.

Me and my army of weeaboo freedom fighters are gonna go to Japan and twist Togashi-san's arm until he agrees to slave over his pen 40 hours a week/365 days a year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Me and my army of weeaboo freedom fighters are gonna go to Japan and twist Togashi-san's arm until he agrees to slave over his pen 40 hours a week/365 days a year.

So...become Oda and only take a break when he goes to the hospital? That or he can play DQX, I heard a new expansion just dropped.

Okay.....

I just saw the Cabin in the Woods for the first time completely blind.

3263521.gif

There really shouldn't be any more horror movies after this one.

KumaJG

As far as shounen, I hope HxH and Kuroko No Basket come toonami. For seinen I have to check which will make a good dub. I am excited for Hellsing though, my favorite anime of all time.

daveo42

Banned
So...become Oda and only take a break when he goes to the hospital? That or he can play DQX, I heard a new expansion just dropped.

Oda could start on Idolmaster. I hear that's all the rage.

I'm fine with breaks for mangaka as some work to the point of sickness and hospitalization. I think that would lend itself to less long hiatus. Everyone deserves a break now and again.

Edit: Surprised I'm finally over 10k posts. Close to half of them in the Toonami threads.

Squalor

I'm pages late, but Baccano! is an incredible anime.

It's easily in my top ten of all time.

If you're looking for an anime with great writing and fantastic characterization, look no further.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not really sure if we will see much in the way of Gundam, I mean Gundam Unicorm got released over here via Nozomi Entertainment, but the feels like the exception rather than the rule.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fairy Tail

Fairy Tail has more consistent fan service in the anime. It's never far from what is going on. At the same time One Piece has caught up on it recently and it is true that FT the anime is downright puritanical compared to the manga. Same with Kenichi which manga just plain hasn't given a shit about nudity in five years or so.

By the end of the Kenichi manga, basically every (and I do mean every) female character was running around either literally fully nude or in completely shredded clothing that revealed everything (at least up top). Really no fucks given at all.

Jarate

Banned
I watched the first episode of Fairy Tail, and realized it walks a fine line between being good and being stupid, and did not trust the author to not move into stupid territory.

I wouldnt mind it on Toonami, but I doubt it's as popular as Naruto or Bleach reruns would be.

DBZ Kai makes too much sense, garauntee that it'll get good ratings.

Honestly though G Gundam is probably one of the most popular Gundam shows in America, and I would be very surprised if it doesnt come to Toonami at some point. Also would like to see Baccano

We're going to get Hetalia and Hamtaro

daveo42

Banned
I gave up on Fairy Tail.

I feel bad for having wasted so much time on it to begin with.

Did you watch it or just read the manga. I haven't seen the anime, but I just kind of stopped reading the manga about a year ago after missing like one or two chapters and never felt like catching back up. It's like when you skip it for a few days or a week and realize you aren't missing out on anything at all.

It also got really hard to read during work.

Edit: I'm holding you personally responsible if that actually happens Jarate. Never wish Hamtaro on anyone...ever.

By the end of the Kenichi manga, basically every (and I do mean every) female character was running around either literally fully nude or in completely shredded clothing that revealed everything (at least up top). Really no fucks given at all.
Kenichi is still on-going, I read it every week

The next chapter is the last.

Source? They're at the end of the eternal sunset arc but there are too many loose ends left to cover in a single chapter.

EDIT: Never mind, found this

This year's 41st issue of Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Shun Matsuena will end his Shijō Saikyō no Deshi Kenichi (KenIchi the Mightiest Disciple) manga in the following issue on September 17. The "grand finale" chapter will have 24 pages, including some in color. The following issue will also have a "big announcement" about a new project.

Matsuena launched the manga in Weekly Shonen Sunday 12 years ago in 2002, and Shogakukan will publish the manga's 58th volume on September 18. (It is the second of four volumes in four months: volume 57 in August 18, 58 on September 18, 59 on October 17, and 60 on November 18.)

The manga inspired a television anime series that Funimation released in North America. It also inspired a series of original video anime episodes that eventually ran on Japanese television.
source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tiest-disciple-manga-to-end-this-month/.78510

Seems to me like a new series will start, kind of like how Naruto turned into Shippuden.

Squalor

Did you watch it or just read the manga. I haven't seen the anime, but I just kind of stopped reading the manga about a year ago after missing like one or two chapters and never felt like catching back up. It's like when you skip it for a few days or a week and realize you aren't missing out on anything at all.

It also got really hard to read during work.
I did a little bit of both. Then I quit the manga and just watched the anime. Then I actively quit the anime because it was fulfilling nothing for me.

It was similar to One Piece in a lot of ways, but One Piece does all of those things better, anyway.

I checked back in on the manga about six months ago, but I realized I still didn't care.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Source? They're at the end of the eternal sunset arc but there are too many loose ends left to cover in a single chapter.

The final page of Chapter 582
"And next chapter... The ending comes after 12 years of serialization, the must-read finale with a color center"

The final page of Chapter 582
"And next chapter... The ending comes after 12 years of serialization, the must-read finale with a color center"

That translation could have meant the end of this arc which has been going on for 12 years. Like I said in my edit, there's no way Matsuena is done with Kenichi because if you've been following the series you'll realize there are a ton of loose ends that won't be resolved in a final 24 page chapter. I'm betting my money on a time skip and re-branding, just like Naruto to Shippuden.

That translation could have meant the end of this arc which has been going on for 12 years. Like I said in my edit, there's no way Matsuena is done with Kenichi because if you've been following the series you'll realize there are a ton of loose ends that won't be resolved in a final 24 page chapter. I'm betting my money on a time skip and re-branding, just like Naruto to Shippuden.

That was anime only, manga doesn't have that divide. Same with Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z its just one manga dragon ball, the dbz manga in the us is just viz adding a z to the db manga books.

It wouldn't be the first time a manga has ended without tying up all lose ends and it certainly won't be the last.

Soulflarz

Banned
That was anime only, manga doesn't have that divide. Same with Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z its just one manga dragon ball, the dbz manga in the us is just viz adding a z to the db manga books.

It wouldn't be the first time a manga has ended without tying up all lose ends and it certainly won't be the last.

TIL

Have you been following Kenichi? There are a ridiculous amount of loose ends and the author has set himself up perfectly to continue the series under a different name because the main character has finally achieved the title of the manga
if you don't count Miu
. I'll be shocked if the announcement isn't a new Kenichi series or an anime continuation/reboot.

+1 for any endorsement of shows that haven't previously aired on Toonami.

The dub for Baccano was fantastic and could easily transition into Durarara even if the former is a stronger show than the latter. Fate/Zero would hit a lot of the right notes for people on top of being beautifully animated and with Ufotable handling the new adaptation for Fate/Stay Night it'd be another show that you could transition into a separate work.

And on the long running shounen front you really can't go wrong with Hunter x Hunter. The show needs to dubbed asap.

Have you been following Kenichi? There are a ridiculous amount of loose ends and the author has set himself up perfectly to continue the series under a different name because the main character has finally achieved the title of the manga
if you don't count Miu
. I'll be shocked if the announcement isn't a new Kenichi series or an anime continuation/reboot.

No, but I'm just pointing out an manga author not tying up lose ends isn't exactly an unusual thing. Same thing happened to Hitman Reborn and (apparently) Claymore

ckohler

Toonami Snacks

What are your guys' suggestions? Lately, I've been having cheese and crackers. What other snacks are good while still letting me be able to use an iPad while sitting in a recliner and can last a few hours?

Squalor

Toonami Snacks

What are your guys' suggestions? Lately, I've been having cheese and crackers. What other snacks are good while still letting me be able to use an iPad while sitting in a recliner and can last a few hours?
Bite-size candy?

Chili?

daveo42

Banned
Toonami Snacks

Cheese curds and pork rinds are my go to snacks along with some sort of energy drink and diet Mt. Dew. I'll also add in the occasional helping of jello squares. I will say pork rinds are a bit messier than normal chips, so that one is up to you.

Squalor

I don't know if there's something going on in Japan or if there's something in the water supply, but..... a lot of manga are ending all of a sudden.
These are all manga that were a part of that huge manga boom from a dozen years ago.

They can't keep them on forever, so it makes sense a lot of them would end around the same time.

Toonami Snacks

Beef jerky
Hard candies
Crackers or chips that don't leave any salt or cheese residue, can also throw pepperoni in there for traditional cheese and crackers
No melt chocolates
Pizza rolls

All things I do for toonami

Toonami Snacks

I usually get Jalapeño chips and Coke Zero.

Destiny is mediocre confirmed according to reviews.

PREORDER CANCELLE...hey wait a minute >.>

I'm having a blast. Breath of fresh air from FFXIV

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Toonami Snacks

I get a pizza sometimes. Cookies work too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Snack-wise, I usually just make some buttered popcorn (more butter, the better. Jolly Time's Blast-o-Butter = the best) & then have either some coffee that I've microwaved w/ some creamer or some water with a squirt of Mio or whatever other water enhancer I have. I usually eat it during One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom