• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
Baccano! would be one hell of a fun ride to have on Toonami.

Something tells me that the way the story is presented would not be too kind on the ratings though.

It's also a shame we never got more of the light novels animated.

Since Toonami has a good relationship with funimation, only a matter of time til Fairy Tail gets picked up :(

I could see something like this

11:30 new hotness until Bleach Blood War is ready
12:00 DBZ Kai -> Naruto Shippuden when Kai ends
12:30 Naruto Shippuden -> One Piece
1:00 One Piece -> Fairy Tail

Basically my thought is once Bleach's final arc anime becomes official, it'll get fast tracked onto the block as soon as Viz can start dubbing it and unless that times out perfectly with DBZ Kai ending it would have to go at the front of the block where it would probably do extremely well. Once Kai ends you could either slide Bleach down and put another new hotness shown at 11:30, or slide Shippuden and One Piece up and put another long running shonen AKA Fairy Tail at 1

FWIW I'd rather have Fairy Tail too, not because I think Fairy Tail is better then DBZ Kai but I've only read FT manga (which I enjoy) and seen snippets of the anime (which I liked). Having it on Toonami would give me an excuse to watch the whole thing without having to put aside time to marathon a 300+ episode series.

I would rather have Fairy Tail.

attachment.php

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Fairy Tail has no tension to it.
Things are introduced in a chapter and resolved in the same.
Deus ex Machinas are common, many involving friendship.
The series is just so cookie-cutter.

The less I say about the fanservice the better....

daveo42

Banned
True, none of us could turn away from SAO and I'm looking forward to the day SAO II comes to toonami. The hate watch will be glorious.

The issue I have with FT is that it's just meh all around. At least with SAO you can hate it because of how terrible it can get. I guess FT has fanservice you can hate on maybe?

Welcome your infinite unclephil face overlords.

The issue I have with FT is that it's just meh all around. At least with SAO you can hate it because of how terrible it can get. I guess FT has fanservice you can hate on maybe?

I am king of the bland anime defense force so I'm sure I'll enjoy FT just fine

Soulflarz

Banned
That's fine, you can always change the channel, but I'm sure you'll watch and tell us every week how much you don't like Kai. Just like Bleach.
Gucci vs Shard?

Im going to settle this.
Kai Sucks. Bleach sucks. SAO is probably the best anime in years.

There. Something for you both to mind *together*, since I dont think toonamigaf likes SAO :p

BatDan

Well, the anime has yet to reach the current manga arc, which begins with
Erza naked, chained up, and tortured, and all drawn in away to sexualize the scene. It's gross.

I think you guys will be really disappointed by the level of fanservice in the Fairy Tail anime. Honestly, I'd say current (Japan) One Piece is more fanservicey than the Fairy Tail anime.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think you guys will be really disappointed by the level of fanservice in the Fairy Tail anime. Honestly, I'd say current (Japan) One Piece is more fanservicey than the Fairy Tail anime.

I do know the anime tones it down, the OVAs on the other hand do not.

BatDan

Yea, I would rather have Hunter X Hunter, but this is more picking the one of two evils that didn't get run into the ground more than anything else.

Let's analyze that shall we.
Fairy Tail would be bland shit 101, and it's still going (with the anime having taken a hiatus at one point)
Hunter x Hunter would be excellent, and the anime is ending soon at 148 episodes. Of course, one could read the manga, but there's barely any chapters after the 13th Hunter Chairman Election arc and Togashi has ONCE AGAIN GONE ON HIATUS. Seriously, why doesn't he just hire an art team? The man's a millionaire, he could afford it. His wife's also a millionaire, they're not going to starve.

Sorry, I'm just tired of HxH going on hiatus. I know this time he had health issues but you'd think if he allowed an artist to help, he could just write.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let's analyze that shall we.
Fairy Tail would be bland shit 101, and it's still going (with the anime having taken a hiatus at one point)
Hunter x Hunter would be excellent, and the anime is ending soon at 148 episodes. Of course, one could read the manga, but there's barely any chapters after the 13th Hunter Chairman Election arc and Togashi has ONCE AGAIN GONE ON HIATUS. Seriously, why doesn't he just hire an art team? The man's a millionaire, he could afford it. His wife's also a millionaire, they're not going to starve.

Sorry, I'm just tired of HxH going on hiatus. I know this time he had health issues but you'd think if he allowed an artist to help, he could just write.

Honestly part of me thinks part of the reason for the breaks, outside of Dragon Quest binges, is to write and rewrite. He probably spends a lot of that time off planning and replanning what he's going to do when he comes back from break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom