• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I love this scene but it requires some context.

It's also funny since 4kids cut this ENTIRE arc.

Basically Little Garden had two giants who had an eternal duels neither could ever win. hundreds of draws later the Straw Hat crew come along and eventually bond with the giants after they save them from Mr. 3, a candle man devil fruit eater from Baroque Works. Luffy defeats Mr. 3 and the Giants thank the Straw Hats by sending them on their way.

For those who don't know/didn't watch, Luffy and the crew landed on a prehistoric island awhile back where they met two giants from a legendary place called Elbaf.
No Nami just got sick from an illness you get when you come to the grand line after they blew up that rock.
yo man fuck 4Kids.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I love this scene but it requires some context.

It's also funny since 4kids cut this ENTIRE arc.

Basically Little Garden had two giants who had an eternal duels neither could ever win. hundreds of draws later the Straw Hat crew come along and eventually bond with the giants after they save them from Mr. 3, a candle man devil fruit eater from Baroque Works. Luffy defeats Mr. 3 and the Giants thank the Straw Hats by sending them on their way.
WELL NO WONDER I don't remember anything about them. 4Kids got rid of the ENTIRE arc?!?!

My memory's bad on the earlier arcs from One Piece, someone wanna explain/refresh my memory? & how 4kids screwed it up?

They literally SKIPPED the arc they're referencing

Basically after Vivi joined on Whiskey Peak, they turned down Robin's direct log pose to Alabasta and went to Little Garden instead. The island had dinosaurs and two fighting giants fighting a honor feud for reasons they couldn't remember. Mr 3 the candle man interferes in an attempt to capture vivi and kill the Straw Hats, Luffy and co beat them and they went on to the island where they met Chopper.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
WELL NO WONDER I don't remember anything about them. 4Kids got rid of the ENTIRE arc?!?!

Yep. Had they got to this point, it would have been REALLY confusing.
It also got confusing when Mr. 3 showed up in Alabasta (he was the arc's villain).

They did it because Chopper.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yep, it was only a couple of episodes though. Couldn't have been more than six but they were six manly as fuck episodes.

You can't skip shit in One Piece because EVERYTHING boomerangs and becomes relevant at some point and I do mean everything. Even things you thought were just randomly drawn or complete jokes.

daveo42

Banned
4kids really screwed the pooch on this one. Kind of wish they didn't try and skip all this stuff. Oooo...Hellsing Ultimate trailer. I haven't seen this, just the original anime.

Fucking One Piece and its stupid laughs.

You know you love it.

Funimation needs to hire the guy in this Hellsing Ultimate promo doing the Tim Curry impression to play (One Piece character name spoilers that affect nothing whatsoever)
Ivankov

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well part of me wants to go back & watch those episodes they were referring, especially if it's a short arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not just Little Garden but Laboon as well! Which is even funnier since it plays into a crucial character's story later on in the series.

Oh man, the mental gymnastics to accomplish that would have been hilarious.

4Kids cut the Laboon arc?

Are you serious? Haha. Dubs are so lulz-worthy sometimes.

Yep. When they got to the bottom of Reverse Mountain, they found... an iceberg. Luffy shot it and moved on to Whiskey Peak. No sorry, "Misty Peak".

NO! HE'S OUTSIDE!

ibl5GolWTKEy5e.png

Not just Little Garden but Laboon as well! Which is even funnier since it plays into a crucial character's story later on in the series.
Well how they got rid of it is hilarious, they replaced Laboon with a giant glacier and then they blew it up
4KIDS BLEW UP LABOON!

Mik317

I personally dont mind since it makes the rest of the characters a bit more fleshed out, unlike naruto side characters who shod be more interesting but arent given enough spotlight.

No I get it and understand why it is done...but selfishly I just wanted more of the strawhats lol. Naruto falters with that because Naruto and his main cast...aren't interesting all the time (Naruto himself can be pretty cool but I feel the main plot has him be a little bitch or Jesus too often. I feel like the Movies ironcially make Naruto himself more interesting). Luffy isn't the deepest character but is enjoyable to watch and each of the strawhats brings something to the table. Sakura is lame. Sasuke could have been cool until...stuff. Kakashi gets nerfed randomly because he's too gdlk and everyone else are jobbers.

I think there is a middle ground to be reached,...but damn it is hard lol.

Oh man, the mental gymnastics to accomplish that would have been hilarious.

Yep. When they got to the bottom of Reverse Mountain, they found... an iceberg. Luffy shot it and moved on to Whiskey Peak. No sorry, "Misty Peak".

i like to imagine that 4kids would have kept Laboon's entire backstory, except he would have just been an iceberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom