• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
zbzohja8wj8w6omrmi2o.gif

someone get a pin

edit: Goddammit Man God

I seriously wish we knew about the status of the dub. I still haven't heard any word on who got the license (I assume Viz since they have the manga rights) or when the rest of the episodes will be done...or a physical release. Considering the first season is finished & S2 won't start airing until Jan. 2015, that should give them some time to catch up with the dubbing.

from what i've heard it was a "test" dub to entice distributors.

Same, sailor moon uncut, sailor moon crystal, inuyasha final act, blood lad, magi, and sao s2 are all shows I expect to see on the block eventually

D566xlt.gif

Same, sailor moon uncut, sailor moon crystal, inuyasha final act, blood lad, magi, and sao s2 are all shows I expect to see on the block eventually

SAO II is a lock, it hasn't been licensed yet (as far as I know) so we probably won't see it on toonami until summer 2015 at the earliest. I'm not sure if Blood Lad will come, doesn't really seem like it would fit the block, and I don't know a thing about Magi so I can't comment on that.

It's been years since I watched SAC 2nd Gig. I wonder if I'll better understand it now that I've been exposed to College Professors spouting the kind of metaphysics that you have to pay thousands of dollars for.

ckohler

They are really juggling shows around. Especially with Bebop moving up on the 11th. Nice to see so many shows I like moving 30 minutes earlier (One Piece, Gurren Lagann, Hellsing).

What I don't get is why they are still keeping Beware the Boreman in the center of the block when it clearly belongs at the end beside the other family friendly show, Jack.

SAO II is a lock, it hasn't been licensed yet (as far as I know) so we probably won't see it on toonami until summer 2015 at the earliest. I'm not sure if Blood Lad will come, doesn't really seem like it would fit the block, and I don't know a thing about Magi so I can't comment on that.

well, it's technically licensed since Aniplex just releases the shows they fund.

It's been years since I watched SAC 2nd Gig. I wonder if I'll better understand it now that I've been exposed to College Professors spouting the kind of metaphysics that you have to pay thousands of dollars for.

at 4:30, good luck

What I don't get is why they are still keeping Beware the Boreman in the center of the block when it clearly belongs at the end beside the other family friendly show, Jack.

The episodes they are showing now happen to be premieres, BTB was originally on CN's DC Nation block but low ratings led to a hiatus. It was resurrected on toonami to air the remaining episodes, probably because it costs little or nothing to acquire.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm sad about no Dandy reruns. Guess I'll have to wait for the eventual blu-rays, or rely on the second season episodes still on my DVR.

Gurren Lagann moved up is nice. Better chance of me staying up for it now.

ckohler

The episodes they are showing now happen to be premieres, BTB was originally on CN's DC Nation block but low ratings led to a hiatus. It was resurrected on toonami to air the remaining episodes, probably because it costs little or nothing to acquire.

Right. My point is that it should air closer to Sunday morning along with Jack and not at the 2:00 a.m. witching hour. It's too much of a kids show.

Right. My point is that it should air closer to Sunday morning along with Jack and not at the 2:00 a.m. witching hour. It's too much of a kids show.

But how does that make sense? Beware the Batman constantly wins its demo at 3AM and is a show that benefits from same day DVR data regardless of position. Pushing it to the back of the block with Jack, especially when new episodes are showing, just alienates potential viewers.

Soulflarz

Banned
So, I dated a Yandere in my senior year of High School...

At first it was great- she was a lot of fun, she understood my weird habits and quirks, and we would always have a great time together. Then, I slowly started to realize she was crazy, which peaked with when I found out that this dead brother she would always talk about never actually existed (I was talking to her parents, it came up, and they were totally confused). I broke up with her, and then she started showing up to the place I worked at, she posted crazy stories on Myspace (this was a pre Facebook for non college students world!) about me, and even tried attacking me with a beer bottle at a party a month later.

The moral of the story is, don't date a Tsun or a Yandere because you think it might be "fun"- stick with people who aren't crazy!

....Yeah, isnt that how it goes? You dont know shes yandere until its too late. But its on my bucket list!

Soulflarz

Banned
Hey Schadenfreude where'd you find your profile picture? Curious... (and yes ik what it is, I beat DR2. Moreso curious if its fanart or something in game I missed?)

daveo42

Banned
*raining outside*
*opens door to get mail*
*sees giant lightning bolt in the sky*

gif_tb_lafayette_fuckdisshit.gif

Yeah, pretty horrible looking day outside. Still, glad to have the fall temperatures coming in over the sweltering heat that is summer.

I know that feel.

But there's still Log Horizon season 2, Parasyte, and Terra Formars to look forward to.

Yes! Glad to see this coming back too. Still sad we gotta wait several months for new Jojo's though...

Magi is an adventure shonen imagine One Piece but in the arabian nights setting. Fantastic manga with a pretty good anime adaptation (has some budget problems in the second half of s1). Blood Lad is basically Blue Exorcist in terms of tone but it has far more action the BE ever did, if BE can fit on the block Blood Lad can, plus it stars Bryce Papenbrook and JYB so you know its good :p

KumaJG

Darker than Black coming to Toonami 100% confirmed.

If there's one thing I hate more than rain, it's the sun.

Darker than Black real good. I wouldn't mind seening Great Teacher Onizuka replace Space Dandy or Tenge Tenjou for the mature audience. If there is a god I wouldn't mind watch the dub verison of Kingdom

Raxus

Please jeebus let someone finally license and dub hxh so it can air on toonami

Ask and you shall receive. Aniplex is now dubbing HxH!

Prepare to own all 150 episodes for the low low price of $1500 dollars!

No we still don't know what company has the rights if any at all.

Darker than Black real good. I wouldn't mind seening Great Teacher Onizuka replace Space Dandy or Tenge Tenjou for the mature audience. If there is a god I wouldn't mind watch the dub verison of Kingdom

I'm confused. Isn't Kingdom that one series with that really bad gif?

KumaJG

Ask and you shall receive. Aniplex is now dubbing HxH!

Prepare to own all 150 episodes for the low low price of $1500 dollars!

No we still don't know what company has the rights if any at all.

I'm confused. Isn't Kingdom that one series with that really bad gif?

I think so lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom