• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just who is Zurtrun?

What are his likes? Dislikes? Where did he come from? What's his background? What is this world to which he lives in? WHERE is he? WHEN is he? Why should I care about him or his problems? What is the plot?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Maybe they can finally get Sentai Filmworks into the ecosystem so we can finally get Log Horizon onto the block. I suppose Gatchaman Crowds as well, since Demarco seems to have a weakness for Tastunoko properties.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe they can finally get Sentai Filmworks into the ecosystem so we can finally get Log Horizon onto the block.
*looks at their licensed line-up* DAMN, I never knew they had all those shows. They easily could allow some shows for Toonami. Obviously Log Horizon & HSotD because that must be brought up when talkin' Sentai, but wow. They have the rights for Ninja Scroll, Golgo 13, Gatchaman Crowds, Persona 4, BTOOOM!, the original Casshern series,

.....huh, Kamisama Dolls. That was....okay.

Man, it's like they're the group who somehow knows the more obscure *coughandmaybepervycough* stuff I've seen. Though isn't it a bit random as to which shows get dubbed & which get sub-only releases?

Raxus

If we're still discussing what could come on Toonami, I'd be interested in Yu Yu Hakusho, been a while since I've seen that.

Older anime is out of the question typically newer stuff draws new ratings. TTGL is kind of an exception since this is the HD premiere.

HxH is wanted but we are pretty full on long running Shonen and nobody has officially picked it up yet.

Kai is replacing Bleach. Space Dandy/AoT will (ideally) be replaced by JoJo. If the gods are good, Young Justice will replace Beware the Batman. Everything else is up in the air come November.
Is that movie worth checking out..?
You don't know what a monkey's paw is do you?
In that case check it out!

Older anime is out of the question typically newer stuff draws new ratings. TTGL is kind of an exception since this is the HD premiere.

HxH is wanted but we are pretty full on long running Shonen and nobody has officially picked it up yet.

Kai is replacing Bleach. Space Dandy/AoT will (ideally) be replaced by JoJo. If the gods are good, Young Justice will replace Beware the Batman. Everything else is up in the air come November.

You don't know what a monkey's paw is do you?
In that case check it out!
No, not a clue, just been slowly getting back into anime over the summer.

Boo..I only know mostly older shows. I haven't seen much Young Justice, but BtB seems like an odd show in Toonami.

ckohler

Concerning Zurtrun: I guess the Toonami staff just have really eclectic, strange tastes because I found the YouTube channel of the animator who made it, Brian Wysol. He has less than 1000 followers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fun fact: Poltergeist Report is the only YYH related anime not licensed by Funimation.

Also, even funner fact: Yusuke is voiced by Rik Nagel in PR, who also voiced Chris in the beloved anime classic, Garzey's Wing.

Raxus

BtB is a little less weird when you consider it has a) relatively new and b) had new episodes to air in the US. The ratings boost over Black Lagoon over several weeks my have justified the move for DeMarco too.
Fun fact: Poltergeist Report is the only YYH related anime not licensed by Funimation.

Also, even funner fact: Yusuke is voiced by Rik Nagel in PR, who also voiced Chris in the beloved anime classic, Garzey's Wing.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHghgplghlp.

Gary-sue is the male version of mary-sue or a self insert character who's generally loved by all and the most awesome person every.

The main character of Irregular At Magic Highschool is introduced by his little sister (who calls him onii-sama) about how amazing and wonderful he is and basically spends the whole series wanting his D. Not just his sister but 99% of the entire worlds population wants this guy's d, not only is he a brilliant student who ended up in the lower tier classes because modern tech isn't strong enough to accurately read his power level, but he's also a brilliant scientist who's invented many revolutionary magics, a secret agent for the government, and a master of both martial arts and magic.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

You know what's weird about Garzey's Wing? It's a spin-off!

ckohler

Boo..I only know mostly older shows. I haven't seen much Young Justice, but BtB seems like an odd show in Toonami.

Well, BtB (like Thundercats 2011) was probably free to air. How much a show costs is a big factor in whether it can air on the block. Sometimes they'll show reruns or shows owned by CN that are free so more of the money can be used to acquire newer stuff that is more expensive like AoT.

Well, BtB (like Thundercats 2011) was probably free to air. How much a show costs is a big factor in whether it can air on the block. Sometimes they'll show reruns or shows owned by CN that are free so more of the money can be used to acquire newer stuff that is more expensive like AoT.
I know AoT seems to be the new hotness, I watched an episode last night when I got home and it didn't grab me, would I be better giving it a shot from the beginning?

Edit: Would the OG Teen Titans be free? I could always watch that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Confirmed to be "free". Unfortunately Young Justice wasn't.

Raxus

I know AoT seems to be the new hotness, I watched an episode last night when I got home and it didn't grab me, would I be better giving it a shot from the beginning?

Watch to episode 5. If none of that grabs you then the series isn't for you. My friends love the anime and I think the manga is ok but it is kind of a surprise it became a big deal as it is considering how flawed it is. I'll get into it when we get the the series exit review towards the end of the year.

Takashi

Concerning Zurtrun: I guess the Toonami staff just have really eclectic, strange tastes because I found the YouTube channel of the animator who made it, Brian Wysol. He has less than 1000 followers.

So that was actually his channel then? I'd found it last week after looking up the guy when we first heard of him. But after seeing he wasn't popular, I figured that surely couldn't be the same person. I remember thinking the thumbnails were pretty weird looking, but in hindsight they matched what Zurtrun looked like.

The main character of Irregular At Magic Highschool is introduced by his little sister (who calls him onii-sama) about how amazing and wonderful he is and basically spends the whole series wanting his D. Not just his sister but 99% of the entire worlds population wants this guy's d, not only is he a brilliant student who ended up in the lower tier classes because modern tech isn't strong enough to accurately read his power level, but he's also a brilliant scientist who's invented many revolutionary magics, a secret agent for the government, and a master of both martial arts and magic.

Damn that sounds bad. Is it at least all done tongue-in-cheek, or do they actually try to play it off straight

Raxus

I might have to turn in my gamer card. Donkey Kong Country Returns is kicking my ass. World 4 is the bane of my existence.

Hello new thread!

Totally ditched Toonami because of the LSU game, so I watched Dandy this morning. Another odd little episode, but fun as hell and had some laugh out loud bits for me, especially the continuity noticing Dr. Gel and Bea. Thought the mention of Pyonium energy in Dandy's body was interesting. Wished we had more with the record.

Didn't watch a lick of Titan, sorry.

I might have to turn in my gamer card. Donkey Kong Country Returns is kicking my ass. World 4 is the bane of my existence.
That game is unnaturally hard for a Nintendo game in this day and age, so I would hang onto that card for a bit longer.

Jarate

Banned
Zurtun was awful, Demarco needs to find good animators/writers who are capable.

The art looked like it was done in MS Paint, the animation looked like it was done in Power Point

Man, if I was that animator, Id be ashamed to put that shit on TV

Toonami |Sep14| Black Lagoon Goes Out with a BANG

i think we should go back to the well of hilarious Black Lagoon opening lyrics

Toonami |Sept14| I have a biggun

Toonami |Sept14| Been burn in they hell

Toonami |Sept14| Get a good head on shoulders

Toonami |Sept14| Weapon I have it all

Soulflarz

Banned
i think we should go back to the well of hilarious Black Lagoon opening lyrics

Toonami |Sept14| I have a biggun

Toonami |Sept14| Been burn in they hell

Toonami |Sept14| Get a good head on shoulders

Toonami |Sept14| Weapon I have it all

NO

Seda

I was going to watch the Space Dandy episode but Adult Swim's website is blocked on this lab campus.

:/

Edit: Would the OG Teen Titans be free? I could always watch that.

Sadly the series doesn't really hit its stride until after where the anime ends

Toonami |Sep14| This is how guns talk

Honestly, I'm going to surprised if Sailor Moon OG isn't one of the replacement shows. Seems like it'd fit nicely into one of the long runner slots and bring the nostalgia act back, running DBZ and Sailor Moon simultaneously.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No, we hate bad shows. It isn't our fault that the average viewer has bad taste.

This too.
I will never understand the love of Sword Art Online. The unironic love that is.
"Japan's Twilight" is probably the closest I'll get.

Gorillaz

We're excited for DBZ Kai. DBZ's still popular, right?
Ehhh indifferent. Good rating booster but im meh on it coming back

Its something like hulk hogan headlining wrestlemania next year. Yea its cool for nostalgic reasons and ratings but making it the top billing of the night?

In 2014? Ew

Its all good doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom