• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Hey there, Dandy fans! Get your picture taken with Meow from #SpaceDandy at the @FUNimation booth at @awacon at 5pm! "

ByfCw-YIUAAhtCg.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is there going to be a Bleach episode about taking the ACT and SAT's?

We did have Kite Battles

I actually have no idea how this arc ends, though people have vaguely spoiled what happens in the arc that's after it (the one they haven't animated yet) with silly quotes from it.

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say that:

Rukia was brought back to give Itsygo back his Soul Reaper powers through some bullshit spirit sharing nonsense and that Soul Reaper Itsygo is going to fight Ginjo who is using Full Bring (Brought) Itsygo's powers. Soul Reaper Itsygo is going to win, possibly via the power of friendship.

daveo42

Banned
Ive still yet to see Bebop. Debating buying that blu ray

At first I thought you were crazy for not seeing it yet, then I remember that the show itself is almost as old as you are and aired in the US before you entered kindergarten. That's the reason why you get a pass, but you still totally need to watch it.

Soulflarz

Banned
At first I thought you were crazy for not seeing it yet, then I remember that the show itself is almost as old as you are and aired in the US before you entered kindergarten. That's the reason why you get a pass, but you still totally need to watch it.
Yeah be happy i owned every dbz for years :p

The one positive about Bebop is that all the kids being born this year will be able to watch it on adult swim when they're old enough to stay up late and watch it 15ish years from now

Seda

One of the characters in Natural Doctrine is voiced by Sean Schemmel. Not very often you hear him in a different role.

One of the characters in Natural Doctrine is voiced by Sean Schemmel. Not very often you hear him in a different role.

How is Natural Doctrine btw? I was kind of soured on the game due to the impressions in the import thread, but I really want a new game that played like Valkyria Chronicles.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey im getting better! I kept saying I havent seen one piece and then i eventually started it :V

I started One Piece recently, too. About 18 episodes in.

It's okay, but not as good as the stuff I've seen on Toonami so far.

Had to double check to make sure the episode about the guy who got stuck in the box wasn't a filler episode I accidentally watched. Nope. I guess there are just some one-off adventures in there.

Why isn't this a thing, Nintendo? :_:

Had to double check to make sure the episode about the guy who got stuck in the box wasn't a filler episode I accidentally watched. Nope. I guess there are just some one-off adventures in there.

The slow build up of the early One Piece episodes is worth it for the world building and payoff later on. That's all I'm going to say.

Basically the first 60ish episodes of One Piece are a glorified prologue, stick with it because as you've seen there are tons of amazing moments down the line

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
To be fair there is way more murder in Case Closed than One Piece.

4kids Case Closed would have been something!

This was pre-4Kids Fox Kids. When they aired Cybersix, Power Rangers, Digimon, and that dub of Vision of Escaflowne that made the main character a sidekick.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Episode 19

Man, fuck you One Piece

Stop playing with my emotions with your damn backstories

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is that gif from a crossover? I know Conan & Inuyasha are in the same magazine, if I recall correctly.

Edit: Yup, Weekly Shonen Sunday. I remember because of that PSP fighter crossover with Weekly Shonen Magazine, which had Fairy Tale & Cromartie High School.

Regiruler

So I just watched Tokyo Ghoul ep 12.

LIKE WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to completely leave an entire plot hanging? The rest of the series was partway decent, and one goddamn more episode to have a final battle would have actually done some good. But instead, we're stuck with an episode that goes on and on about some moral argument while over-emphasizing the show's already controversial amounts of ham, and with a comparably mediocre 5 minute final battle of a b-tier villain. WHO THE FUCK ENDS A SERIES IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE

I know you guys like to go on about Blue Exorcist, but even that ending was better than this.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to completely leave an entire plot hanging? The rest of the series was partway decent, and one goddamn more episode to have a final battle would have actually done some good. But instead, we're stuck with an episode that goes on and on about some moral argument while over-emphasizing the show's already controversial amounts of ham, and with a 5 minute final battle of a b-tier villain. WHO THE FUCK ENDS A SERIES IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE

Season 2 is in January. That's why I imagine.

Moaradin

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to completely leave an entire plot hanging? The rest of the series was partway decent, and one goddamn more episode to have a final battle would have actually done some good. But instead, we're stuck with an episode that goes on and on about some moral argument while over-emphasizing the show's already controversial amounts of ham, and with a comparably mediocre 5 minute final battle of a b-tier villain. WHO THE FUCK ENDS A SERIES IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE

I know you guys like to go on about Blue Exorcist, but even that ending was better than this.

Even if it was a shitty way to end the series, it was still the best episode lmao.

KumaJG

One Piece naturally has slow pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom