• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I am almost caught up in Titan (will probably pass you guys ...mainly because I can't get home in time to catch it lol) and so far the Female Titan arc is gldk..but again shows what I think the main issue with the show is.

Everyone else is more interesting, likable, badass than Eren...and yet he's the main character. Like I don't even hate Eren like I thought I would, mainly because dude is a sociopath and that's kinda cool but he is just straight outclassed in damn near every since (I mean I'm not a Pappenbrook hater but he is one of the weakest parts of the dub lol).

But anyway, this arc shows the potential this show has...hope it keeps it up (will be picking up the Manga afterward).

If im not mistaken(I read the manga) but the anime ends some chapters before some big big reveals start happening

BBboy20

RIP Bayonetta 2 in Japan.

It sold WORSE than the 360 version did in Japan, with more WiiU in Japan now than there were 360s at the time.

Ouch, but not totally unexpected. There is a reason Sega wanted nothing to do with a sequel and Nintendo had to buy it

God damn it there is still America, they'll give it the sales it deserves!

Disappointing to hear. Maybe America and Euro will sell better...

Didn't the original not do terribly well either?

That is the hope.

Bayo 2 is an amazing game. Platinum deserves better ;_;
Oh good god. :(

daveo42

Banned
Console gaming in Japan is dead. Long live handhelds and the almighty mobile phone.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Bayo 2 numbers. The Media Create numbers have been abysmal for a long time for everyone outside of 3DS sales and even then, they have started to lag outside of a few choice titles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tEa36Su.gif

daveo42

Banned
Clearly they need to make a half baked space MMO and change their name to Bungie. They'll make millions.

Nah, they just need the name and possibly make a fps and they'd be golden. I think the name along accounts for about 75% of their sales anyway.

In other news, I'm actually having a good deal of fun with Destiny.

daveo42

Banned
I actually live near a "Breastaurant", the Tilted Kilt.
Probably won't ever go.

That last time I was in a Hooters was in high school. We skipped out on the check because our service was abysmal. Our waitress went missing for about 30mins, then showed up with cold food.

Really, if you wanted T&A plus food, might as well just go to a strip club. Most have all you can eat buffets now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That last time I was in a Hooters was in high school. We skipped out on the check because our service was abysmal. Our waitress went missing for about 30mins, then showed up with cold food.

Really, if you wanted T&A plus food, might as well just go to a strip club. Most have all you can eat buffets now.

Reading the Yelp reviews, it sounds about right. Bad food, horrendous service, one guy feeling creeped out that some of girls might be underage.

Soulflarz

Banned

TIL strip clubs have buffets. Also ive only been to hooters once when my family was starving and it was the closest place. :/

daveo42

Banned
TIL strip clubs have buffets. Also ive only been to hooters once when my family was starving and it was the closest place. :/

Not sure if it's like that all across the country, but I know the ones in my area do. I'm really not even sure why you'd think it would be a good idea to eat at a strip club in the first place.

Reading the Yelp reviews, it sounds about right. Bad food, horrendous service, one guy feeling creeped out that some of girls might be underage.

That's messed up.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not sure if it's like that all across the country, but I know the ones in my area do. I'm really not even sure why you'd think it would be a good idea to eat at a strip club in the first place.

That's messed up.

...Underage? What the hell :/

And yeah I wouldnt risk eating at one...
I probably would not go to one either, but I think that's besides the point

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
IS IT TRUE TOONAMI'S GETTING HELLSING ULTIMATE!?!?

I'm just hoping we'll finally get the date/timeslot for DBZ Kai and/or what'll happen after AoT & Bleach finishes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I should give Terror in Resonance another chance, as I stopped at about episode 4 or 5-ish, but just couldn't get into it. Maybe if it comes to Toonami, doing a group watch will make it easier. I didn't even really hate it, just felt like it couldn't keep my attention.

daveo42

Banned
I kind of think we might get a show announcement. Feels like its about time for one.

I'll probably be wrong, though.

New show announcements would be awesome, but going by recent events, I'll say it's still to early for any new shows to be announced. I guess the exception is if Toonami and Funi have some sort of deal that's been simmering for some time.

I feel like I should give Terror in Resonance another chance, as I stopped at about episode 4 or 5-ish, but just couldn't get into it. Maybe if it comes to Toonami, doing a group watch will make it easier. I didn't even really hate it, just felt like it couldn't keep my attention.

I think you should. For me, (minor spoilers)
I love the set up in each episode and the entire series. Just enough bits of info at the right times to best unfold what is going on and who the two main characters are. The girl is probably the worst part of the show. Also, you are right on the verge of another character making an appearance that completely changes the game.

It's really damn good. I don't know if it'll come to Toonami, but it's only 11 episodes so it might be worth a binge watch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Unless AoT is getting replaced as well (I'd assume they'd keep such a popular show for at least one more re-airing), I can't imagine we're getting another show with DBZ Kai any time soon until Hellsing Ultimate in Nov.

I think you should. For me, (minor spoilers)
I love the set up in each episode and the entire series. Just enough bits of info at the right times to best unfold what is going on and who the two main characters are. The girl is probably the worst part of the show. Also, you are right on the verge of another character making an appearance that completely changes the game.
This is why I try to give a show a couple of episodes before dropping or approving, because if I watch just one, I'll get something among the lines of "NO, watch the next episode or two! It gets better!".

Considering I don't have much to watch in the Fall, maybe I'll give it another chance, especially if I've already watched almost 1/2 of it. I don't mind watching more serious anime every once in a while, but it's hard for me to find one that can keep my attention.

Gorillaz

I just wanted to bring the thread back to life just to bring up how hilarious/good the lead up to this was
JqZauYg.png

Leader of the block, indeed

I just wanted to bring the thread back to life just to bring up how hilarious/good the lead up to this was
JqZauYg.png

Leader of the block, indeed

tumblr_inline_nc90ozMNud1rckk8q.png

Ichigo's just mad that Ginjo has a bigger sword than he does.
S7SjbbT.png

Was it actually good? The second half of the show has been kinda disappointing despite the great direction and music. The first couple episodes were really great.

No, not really.

like I said in AnimeGAF, at least I have Space Dandy to remind me why I like Watanabe

Bunch of tasteless hacks, the lot of ya.

I thought it kind of went off-course when Five arrived. It could have been two episodes longer.

Jarate

Banned
And of course Jeter brings in the winning run in his last game at Yankee Stadium. What a show off

I'll miss you Jeter ;_;

It's gonna be weird seeing the Yankees without Jeter

I refuse to like any modern Yankee fan though because of their fans

Im still salty that Hideki Matsui practically won you guys a World Series against the Phillies

santeesioux

It's gonna be weird seeing the Yankees without Jeter

I refuse to like any modern Yankee fan though because of their fans

Im still salty that Hideki Matsui practically won you guys a World Series against the Phillies

Robinson Cano got out while the getting was good
although the Mariners crapped the bed and won't be going to the playoffs :(

And of course Jeter brings in the winning run in his last game at Yankee Stadium. What a show off

I'll miss you Jeter ;_;

Can't believe I missed this game because I was at work

T_T

Arguably the greatest Yankee ever, it's going to be so weird seeing the team without him next year. I don't remember a time when Jeter wasn't a Yankee he's been with the team almost my entire life, the entire part I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom