• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

zlCfzSal2FELRZz0SP
zlCfzSamNBEjmeOUur

zlCfzSant1MvhS4487
zlCfzSapDgMDrf3kuj

Awesome work SAB! I love these in particular. I knew you were going to draw the Female Titan in a sexy pose. Lol.

TOTAL SWEARS MADE: 569
TOTAL BLEEPS MADE: 284
Average swears per episode: ~ 24 (23.7)
Average bleeps per episode: ~ 12 (11.8333)

giphy.gif

Bravo on keeping up with the counts. Great work. No doubt the most bleeping-ist show ever to grace Toonami.

REVIEWS TIME
------------------

Attack on Titan - Fantastic episode. Action, action, and a mysterious new foe to boot! This is what the show should be 100% of the time. Humans fighting badass titans! I loved the scene where the Female Titan peeked under Armin’s hood and spared his life. That expression on her face was super creepy. I think you guys will enjoy this arc (it’s the only one I’ve seen prior to Toonami).

Bleach - It started out bad with more dumb training but when that turn happened... oh boy... soooo good. Great episode. This villain has finally become interesting. It looks like it’s now up to just Ichigo and Ginjo to fight everybody? Should be interesting.

Space Dandy - Wonderful episode. This is the perfect balance between typical Dandy humor and some serious, emotional feels. The narrator was epic and that ending was wonderfully bittersweet. The music (while much we’d heard before) was all excellent. If I had any complaint, it was that Meow and QT didn’t get to have a side adventure or something.

Naruto: Shippuden - Pretty dull but I’ll give it a pass since this is just a “let’s get going” episode of what looks to be a new adventure. If that albino ninja kid doesn’t eventually get his face punched in, I’ll be upset. Too bad the animation can’t be this good for every episode. There were a ton of lovely little subtle movements, facial expressions and an overall clean, well drawn look to everything this episode compared to the average Shippuden episode which looks like dog poop.

One Piece - Spandam continues to be a jerk but the real threat is clearly his henchmen. Overall, a decent episode but it felt a bit like padding. Hopefully this battle with the Doorway-fruit guy will be as epic as people were hinting. Also, where was the GOAT that is Sniper King?!

Gurren Lagann - Enter Viral, a captain in the Human Eradication Forces and a badass warrior beastman. He may have lost this time due to the formation of the titular Gurren Lagann but he’ll be back. While not completely cured of his fear, Simon now has courage enough to fight along side the one-true-bro that is Kamina. Team Gurren is on their way!

Beware the DentMan - Maybe a bit better than the average BtB episode but it’s still bad. What was good? The voice acting on Metamorpho was decent and it was nice to see a heel turned good guy. That’s about it. The rest sucked. The most insulting part was watching the District Attorney of the city (Harvey Dent) riding around with police in the middle of the night! just for a chance to smear Batman’s reputation. Seriously? Bad guys gotta bad, I guess.

Black Lagoon - I’ll be honest, I was completely underwhelmed by this finale. :( I never cared about Yukio and her bad decisions. Not once. Her committing seppuku felt completely deserved and I’m glad she died. The final showdown didn’t even feel necessary and just felt like the show was going through the motions. The only scene I liked was watching Balalaika get creepy flirty with Rock. The after credits scene made up for things a bit but overall this was probably one of my least favorite episodes in what was otherwise a fantastic series filled with some of the best reaction moments ever to occur on Toonami. Wonderful series with a lackluster ending.

Naruto - Nothing really to say here. Ninja Info Cards guy shows up and mysteriously helps. The consequences don’t matter because the show is leaving the block and it was a rerun 5 times already. The show is decent but at this point I say good riddance to old news. :p

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Great episode (as usual) with most of the characters meeting the Big Bad for the first time. I love when May’s dream of Al came crashing down. Hehe. Scar was a pure badass and Todd Haberkorn’s performance was awesome. He kills it as Ling. Sometimes I think this show could have aired on prime-time US television and been successful.

Star Wars: The Cone Wars - Politics are boring but I will give this show credit for dealing with serious and complex issues like war and greed in what is essentially a kids show. It certainly treats its audience with more respect and intelligence than that joke that is Beware the BabyMan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was thinking about this last night but Ninja Info cards guy is the strongest ninja in that woods assuming Orochimaru has left. Pretty funny to think about. He's certainly more than a match for any of the ANBU out there or even Anko.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For what it's worth, despite all my issues with the series, last night's Attack on Titan episode was pretty entertaining. Probably the most I've enjoyed the series at any point thus far.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was basically completely devoid of Eren.

One Piece - Spandam continues to be a jerk but the real threat is clearly his henchmen. Overall, a decent episode but it felt a bit like padding. Hopefully this battle with the Doorway-fruit guy will be as epic as people were hinting. Also, where was the GOAT that is Sniper King?!

Tune in next week to find out!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For what it's worth, despite all my issues with the series, last night's Attack on Titan episode was pretty entertaining. Probably the most I've enjoyed the series at any point thus far.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was basically completely devoid of Eren.

Tune in next week to find out!

The other three really good episodes of AoT so far have featured Eren heavily though, so I'd say coincidence.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
well he's in his Titan form for two of them and in the other one he gets eaten so i'm not sure those entirely count haha

Oh! I have a different list for best episodes. The second one, and the one with the science lady, plus this one, which is my new favorite.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh! I have a different list for best episodes. The second one, and the one with the science lady, plus this one, which is my new favorite.

The only other time the show has threatened to maybe be good has been when Eren was "dead."

So there's also that.

Black Lagoon - I’ll be honest, I was completely underwhelmed by this finale. :( I never cared about Yukio and her bad decisions. Not once. Her committing seppuku felt completely deserved and I’m glad she died. The final showdown didn’t even feel necessary and just felt like the show was going through the motions. The only scene I liked was watching Balalaika get creepy flirty with Rock. The after credits scene made up for things a bit but overall this was probably one of my least favorite episodes in what was otherwise a fantastic series filled with some of the best reaction moments ever to occur on Toonami. Wonderful series with a lackluster ending.

go watch Robertas Blood Trail right now

Soulflarz

Banned
Soo: best toonami opening song?

Not best opening. Best song. Like how BLs opening sounds kind of weird as a song on its own, soo.
I almost wana be dumb and say something like blue exorcist >.<

Akame ga Kill! - Episode 10

2nN4tLA.gif

Esdeath is best girl and best waifu all wrapped in one. Fuck Night Raid. Tatsumi should have stayed in the capital.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, legit question. Any chance of Akame ga Kill coming to Toonami, considering all the people talking about....

*sees it's licensed by Sentai*

aaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddd that probably lowers the chances by a ton.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I skipped 54-half of 63 (55-63? idk) cause Bass told me to so im slightly confused, but whatever :p

Ill keep going later. 65 down. Gonna catch up on the latest SAO2/P4GA then finish DR2

He had you skip Non-Canon™ material. Quite good stuff in there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I skipped 54-half of 63 (55-63? idk) cause Bass told me to so im slightly confused, but whatever :p

Ill keep going later. 65 down. Gonna catch up on the latest SAO2/P4GA then finish DR2

You skipped too much. Should have been halfway through 61. Second half of 61 and episode 62 are super important.

Also, there was canon material in the filler arc you skipped. Stuff explaining the Calm Belt.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Umm, Bass messed up his numbers bad. Even if he wanted you to skip filler it should have been.

54-first half of sixty-one. He gave you the four kids edit by telling you to skip those two episodes. No wonder you're confused.

Soulflarz

Banned
M-maybe i misremember what he told me to skip

He said read episode 100 (or 101? I read both lol) then half of 63. Thats what i remember. Lemme check twitter.

101, 62/half of 61

i skipped 2

BassForeverLosing
Soulflarzmisrememberingbecauseitwasaweekago ;_;

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So did the 4kids version make no sense?
What episode does their dub even go up to?

They rewrote whole characters entirely to try and explain away things they fucked up (such as a returning villain who, in the 4Kids version, you had never met before).

Next week's episode on Toonami would have made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER in the 4Kids version, though. Sometimes I wish I could have seen how they would wriggle their way out of this one. Then I realize I've been drinking too much.

Soo: best toonami opening song?

Not best opening. Best song. Like how BLs opening sounds kind of weird as a song on its own, soo.
I almost wana be dumb and say something like blue exorcist >.<
Viva Namida.
Hands down.

Wait why does Sentai having the liscensing rights mean it can't come over here?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Note that a giant portion of the edits was to skip ahead to Chopper's introduction so they could push ridiculously cute merchandise and try to revive the brand. Didn't work out that well. Japan though has some incredible chopper merch on the same theory though, which is why he is drawn cuter and cuter as the manga and anime go on.

Alright, legit question. Any chance of Akame ga Kill coming to Toonami, considering all the people talking about....

*sees it's licensed by Sentai*

aaaaaaaaaaannnnndddddd that probably lowers the chances by a ton.

Based on the manga, no way unless there are heavy edits

They rewrote whole characters entirely to try and explain away things they fucked up (such as a returning villain who, in the 4Kids version, you had never met before).

Next week's episode on Toonami would have made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER in the 4Kids version, though. Sometimes I wish I could have seen how they would wriggle their way out of this one. Then I realize I've been drinking too much.

Can we compile a list of all the pointless 4Kids edits? Here's my favorite:

60sd_lollipop11.jpg

makes me lol so hard, especially when I think about Sanji's horrible dub voice

Jarate

Banned
Based on the manga, no way unless there are heavy edits

Can we compile a list of all the pointless 4Kids edits? Here's my favorite:

60sd_lollipop11.jpg

makes me lol so hard, especially when I think about Sanji's horrible dub voice

im not as upset by the cigarette as some people are. It make Sanji look like that one black guy in that cop drama that always had a lolipop.

iIQ9zM3.jpg

yBAfl6G.jpg

These ones are unexcusable though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom