• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

For those whove seen the show already/know the female titans actual identity
i love how its not really hidden. I havent seen any other guesses. They *really* didnt care to make it not absurdly obvious, did they?
For a long time, I did think it was Anni too. It's like they expected both the characters and audience to figure it out, the payoff is how to showcase this revelation.

Watanabe and Co. still fucking got it. A hilarious episode with a ton of heart. Time for Naruto Shippuden.
And it looks like next week will have a ton of heart too.

Oda loves putting things he likes in the series.
Eneru is based off Eminem.
Does Eminem know One Piece exists?

& Donatello from TMNT.
Which TMNT? I know Rob Paulson is him in the 2012 show.

I don't get the appeal of Tim and Eric
I still believe they're the reason Adult Swim Comedy was ruined. At least one of them knows how to make a music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQDF39sr8
After Max Payne 3, I'm convinced they can score the next Silent Hill.

Rock should've been the one to fill her soul with LIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
I see what you did there.

To Black Lagoon, one of the best and wildest rides on the block.

giphy.gif
How many here seen Run, Fatboy, Run?

Kirito and Asuna beg to differ
I don't really care about if people gets together or not that doesn't involve Makoto Shinkai but...good god almighty........

Don't care about the last Naruto episode they gonna show, so I'll just post my thoughts about the other stuff

Dandy: Please tell me there's already a gif of that kiss. And the end of the episode... ;_;

Shippuden: Sai may look like a complete asshole, but he's right about one thing. Sakura is ugly as hell

One Piece: Please Spandam, keep treating Robin like the steaming pile of trash that she is

Gurren: Viral in da house!

Boreman: For just once, I would like Katana to not speak during an entire episode. And Stagg's daughter, how original *rolls eyes* And don't get me started on Dent/Anarky. And of course a futuristic looking gun was used to kill Bruce's parents :p

Black Lagoon: Bang. And Rock should never ever bang Revy. He's better off using his seed on someone who's actually worthy: Balalaika

Hellsing promo: Ok, I'm pretty hyped

AoT next episode promo: Kick the Scout! :eek:
So, this is what you have become.

integra Wingates
It's going to be interesting to see former G4 forums moderator Teggy to see her user name to be used again in that context.

When the they had that upclose shot and the synth music was being stretched out, I honestly thought I was watching one of the greatest visual moments in all of fiction in front of my eyes. Just so perfect.

The thing I love about that rock passed out pic is its possible to use in SO MANY situations.
Might be Black Lagoon's best shot of actually being popular. >_>

Spiders poiusdiuiounfsdvio;utfsdiofdouidfi;mgfdiogfd GOD DAMN IT GUYSljfdakflasdlkfj

Am I the only one here getting Destiny for PS3?

Did Scarlet bump her head twice in that one moment? Amazed she didn't crack her skull there.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

He might. If he's done shows in Japan then he would have seen the advertising.
I know Avril Lavinge is a One Piece fan (and Oda is a fan of her... for some reason). That's why she contributed two songs to Film Z. Not in a "Funimation licensed shitty Nu-Metal for the DBZ movies" way, but in a "Official Soundtrack approved by Toei" way.

And to answer the second one, Sam Riegel was Donatello in the 2003 series.

Jarate

Banned
He might. If he's done shows in Japan then he would have seen the advertising.
I know Avril Lavinge is a One Piece fan (and Oda is a fan of her... for some reason). That's why she contributed two songs to Film Z. Not in a "Funimation licensed shitty Nu-Metal for the DBZ movies" way, but in a "Official Soundtrack approved by Toei" way.

And to answer the second one, Sam Riegel was Donatello in the 2003 series.

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don’t like your Nakama!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your Nakama
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I know that you like me
No way! No way!
I know it's not a secret
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I want to be your Nakama

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey! Hey! You! You!
No way! No way!
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your Nakama
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I know that you like me
No way! No way!
I know it's not a secret
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I want to be your Nakama

You wish. Avril's two songs for the movie were a Nickelback cover and a barfed out cover of Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i didn't like the end of Black Lagoon all that much. Yukio's motivations weren't explained terribly well at the end here

She's in love with the Battosai and figures he'll only be happy if he gets to be a bad ass sword guy. The whole family honor bs is just that. It's even worse because she knows he'd be perfectly fine just running a shop somewhere.

Gorillaz

The resolution of the tokyo arc definitely could have used some more polish. I will admit that.

I think If that was the real end of the series I would have been a bit more upset because it was very "wham bam done" character development wise. Blood Trail made a good after shock for Rock and Revy to an extent character wise

yep, on the struggle last gen consoles

the rest of yall need to join in toonamigaf pls

BatDan

You wish. Avril's two songs for the movie were a Nickelback cover and a barfed out cover of Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation."

Bad Reputation (I'm reminded of her awful cover of Metallica's Fuel)
How You Remind Me (Avril is married to Nickelback lead Chad Kroger. If they have a kid, he will be the Rock and Roll Antichrist)

Oh uh spoilers for
post-timeskip
appearances. Kind of.

I feel like I'm the only person on GAF not hyped for Destiny. Maybe shooter fatigue hit me hard.

The resolution of the tokyo arc definitely could have used some more polish. I will admit that.

I think If that was the real end of the series I would have been a bit more upset because it was very "wham bam done" character development wise. Blood Trail made a good after shock for Rock and Revy to an extent character wise

Wii U port?

The tokyo arc was clearly never meant to be a stopping point, its a fairly minor arc in the scheme of BL which mostly serves to develop Rock as a character. I feel like the anime also stretched it out because the next manga arc was probably incomplete at the time the anime was made.

BatDan

TO BE FAIR (I can't stand her music) no one can make Fuel sound good

5250064867_82fb1562dd_z.jpg

Good point. That opening line is hilarious to mock.

The tokyo arc was clearly never meant to be a stopping point, its a fairly minor arc in the scheme of BL which mostly serves to develop Rock as a character. I feel like the anime also stretched it out because the next manga arc was probably incomplete at the time the anime was made.

Yep.
The arc that followed Japan was... Greenback Jane. But that was placed before (probably as a breather after Hansel and Gretal)
The next actual arc is Black Lagoon's longest at 33 parts by the end of it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Lagoon_chapters). That's probably why they went the OVA route.
Fuck knows if we'll ever see The Wired Wild Red Card.

Hey! Hey! You! You!
No way! No way!
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your Nakama
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I know that you like me
No way! No way!
I know it's not a secret
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I want to be your Nakama

lolwut is that

Gorillaz

Pretty much

Roberta manga arc is so fucking long and vague that it almost didn't make sense at one point. Like Hiroe mentioned he didn't know where he was starting to go for a min and wrapped it up.

The ova streamlined and cleaned up alot of shit but also missed a few key points and conversations such as
chang and rock at the end reflecting over everything

BBboy20

WiiU doesn't count? D=<

I feel like I'm the only person on GAF not hyped for Destiny. Maybe shooter fatigue hit me hard.
Despite the dubious relashonship with Activision, the removal of Marty, the condescending attitude of their recent PRs, and the possibility their community manager might be a misogynistic dickbag, I'm still on board with my $150 version since I haven't missed a single overpriced Bungie game yet. Bladedancer Stealth is calling me.

BatDan

I loved Avril as a late teenager and I love One Piece even more but the song choices for Film Z are awful.

ALSO

If it continues spreading the entire multiverse could be at risk.

"Doctor, it seems we're watching some video game characters commentate over other video game characters. And one of them sounds like me."
"I'm sure it's fucking nothing, probably some cunt Zygons trying to fucking trick you"

Melia is played by Clara on Doctor Who

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Doctor, it seems we're watching some video game characters commentate over other video game characters. And one of them sounds like me."
"I'm sure it's fucking nothing, probably some cunt Zygons trying to fucking trick you"

Melia is played by Clara on Doctor Who

More like
Clara is played by Melia.

Levyne

Banned
Damn, thread's moving kind of fast, no wonder I never show up on the top 20 lists anymore.

Like the new avatar, Gucci. Where'd you find that?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Good job SAB CA

"Sorrowful Battle! Ichigo vs. Sado & Orihime" that is hilarious in so many ways.

Thanks! And you know... if I remember to think about it, just the title of this ep would already make a good DUMP picture, ha. They should play that sad Violin track from the ST during the entire episode just to rub it all in.

Good morning everyone.
Pretty interesting night overall.
Hilarious work SAB.

Thanks lots! I'm feeling pretty opinionated on last nights EPs myself... but I'll save that for another post later, ha.

Good work SAB CA.

*bow* Every Toonami night, I always feel a bit out of touch with this OP. I haven't seen everything from this arc, but it just never grabs me as much as I'd like. Hm. Watch the 5 parts of Fill-er-In be the ones that get my attention best... (-_-)

I need to catch up to Jack, GL, and One Piece and I will post my reviews tonight.

Love the GL drawing SAB!

That one was a fun last min decision, haha. Everyones reactions to "They're going to COMBINE!!" Totally reminded me of the FLCL moment when all the ladies are nose-bleeding from Takkun's awesome new guitar...

4758-1298331955.jpg

Holy crap, it's been so long since I slept until almost noon....But here it is, guys. There might be a small margin of error, but it should be pretty close since I watch with subtitles on.

THE BLEEPIN' BLACK LAGOON SWEAR & BLEEP COUNT:

TOTAL SWEARS MADE: 569
TOTAL BLEEPS MADE: 284

Average swears per episode: ~ 24 (23.7)
Average bleeps per episode: ~ 12 (11.8333)

Evenly on par with most recent gen games and movies! LoL. Your dedication is appreciated! SALUTE!

Good stuff SAB. Damn you and your stupid sexy Titan. The Bleach Ichigo legit reaction shots were too good and I'm glad you picked one. XD

I saw the debate in here on whether FemTitan was hot or not... had to put in my vote!

Tsuki calling up Orihime was just... eesh. Such a set of tense moments. The idea that this man could outright kill anyone there at any time, and then have everyone else either support his actions, or all mindbreak from seeing something against their memories of him, was actually pretty... lets say Psycho-Mantis~y.

Awesome work SAB! I love these in particular. I knew you were going to draw the Female Titan in a sexy pose. Lol.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not in their situation. "The Titan with the nice ass!" Sure, your comrades are all dying left and right, and she could even kill you... but it's better than being killed by Moe' titan, Santa Titan, or

She has oddly piercing eyes, too. You think all that muscle tissue and such would make this creepy...

Oh, and I agree on BL's ending. But not getting into that until a later post...

The thing I love about that rock passed out pic is its possible to use in SO MANY situations.

Fake edit: pages bwhind but another good sketch this week, SAB

I'm glad the final BL gave us something to remember it by... even if it's totally not what they would have wanted, haha.

And thanks! My replies are even more behind this time! ;-)

BBboy20

Oh yeah: really glad a lot of you been legit shooked by Black Lagoon week after week. Now you know the kind of awesome some of us have felt since 2006.

She's in love with the Battosai and figures he'll only be happy if he gets to be a bad ass sword guy. The whole family honor bs is just that. It's even worse because she knows he'd be perfectly fine just running a shop somewhere.

and that's the thing: it's just a line, basically. it doesn't feel well-established or built up to other than the general concept of "of course a high school girl wouldn't run a yakuza family very well, you moron."

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
For a long time, I did think it was Anni too. It's like they expected both the characters and audience to figure it out, the payoff is how to showcase this revelation.

And it looks like next week will have a ton of heart too.

I still believe they're the reason Adult Swim Comedy was ruined. At least one of them knows how to make a music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-PQDF39sr8
After Max Payne 3, I'm convinced they can score the next Silent Hill.

I see what you did there.

How many here seen Run, Fatboy, Run?

I don't really care about if people gets together or not that doesn't involve Makoto Shinkai but...good god almighty........

So, this is what you have become.

It's going to be interesting to see former G4 forums moderator Teggy to see her user name to be used again in that context.

When the they had that upclose shot and the synth music was being stretched out, I honestly thought I was watching one of the greatest visual moments in all of fiction in front of my eyes. Just so perfect.

Might be Black Lagoon's best shot of actually being popular. >_>

Spiders poiusdiuiounfsdvio;utfsdiofdouidfi;mgfdiogfd GOD DAMN IT GUYSljfdakflasdlkfj

Did Scarlet bump her head twice in that one moment? Amazed she didn't crack her skull there.
Teggy has good tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom