• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dandy in love is the best type of love, baby

tumblr_nbjy6p6KVl1s3dw0xo1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The funimation dub is fine, but the manga has a few differences then the anime.
Nah, I was referring to Akame ga Kill. Been hearing a lot of people liking it, including on here, so figured since I'm not watching much other anime at the moment, might put it on my watch list but then Gucci said the manga had some stuff that might cause the show to not appear on Toonami.

Nah, I was referring to Akame ga Kill. Been hearing a lot of people liking it, including on here, so figured since I'm not watching much other anime at the moment, might put it on my watch list but then Gucci said the manga had some stuff that might cause the show to not appear on Toonami.

The manga can get a tad...extreme later on in terms of mature themes but there's nothing that's been shown in the anime thus far that wouldn't be able to air on toonami.

Blondie: "Daddy doesn't think I have the head for business."

Batman: "Blah blah blah terrorism blah blah blah walk away blah blah blah my enemy blah blah nope not him blah blah blah."

Good lord, you just gave up the perfect setup for a one-liner. "BUSINESS IS CLOSED." This Batman even sucks at smack talk.

Blondie: "Daddy doesn't think I have the head for business."

Batman: "Blah blah blah terrorism blah blah blah walk away blah blah blah my enemy blah blah nope not him blah blah blah."

Good lord, you just gave up the perfect setup for a one-liner. "BUSINESS IS CLOSED." This Batman even sucks at smack talk.

Or a good "Stay out of my territory."

Raxus

Can someone, anyone, please make .gifs of that spider on Dandy last night and the house exploding?

I need it for future spider threads.

Squalor

Looking forward to this Blueno-Luffy fight.

It's a lot of fun and a good hors d'oeuvre for Luffy's later fight.

Also, I'm eagerly waiting for that iconic "Say you want to live" scene.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looking forward to this Blueno-Luffy fight.

It's a lot of fun and a good hors d'oeuvre for Luffy's later fight.

Also, I'm eagerly waiting for that iconic "Say you want to live" scene.

I'll just say...
Stephanie Young fucking nails it.

Never got an answer to my question, is Sentai hard to license from or something?

AS hasn't licensed anything from them for quite a long time now. i'd speculate that they aren't really competitive with the other licensing companies since they feel they can use the Anime Network as a sufficient outlet for their content (and I kinda wonder if Viz is like that with Hulu/Neon Alley to a lesser degree.)

Gorillaz

The thing I love about that rock passed out pic is its possible to use in SO MANY situations.

Fake edit: pages bwhind but another good sketch this week, SAB

Squalor

I'll just say...
Stephanie Young fucking nails it.
Absolutely. All four voice actors do, in my opinion. It was just as powerful in Japanese as it was in English.

Also, I can't wait for that similarly iconic group shot. So good.

Tumblr said:
So here’s a mind blower:

Colleen Clinkenbeard voices a woman named Scarlet in Space Dandy.
She voices a pirate in One Piece.
She voices a pirate NAMED Scarlet in Borderlands 2.

Someone is making an acting joke here. I don’t know who, but it’s genius.

Wouldn't be surprised. They did a similar thing with JYB and Johnny.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Um...what happened to Crocodile?

He was arrested by Tashigi. Afterwards Smoker and Tashigi were ordered to bring him back to Marine HQ, which is the last we've seen or heard from him, at least as far as Toonami is right now.

Squalor

I just started an anime from last decade called Planetes.

My god, this show if fucking incredible.

The writing is phenomenal. I'm all about it right now.

AS hasn't licensed anything from them for quite a long time now. i'd speculate that they aren't really competitive with the other licensing companies since they feel they can use the Anime Network as a sufficient outlet for their content (and I kinda wonder if Viz is like that with Hulu/Neon Alley to a lesser degree.)

You mean to tell me that the Anime Network is still around? I always thought those old ass Anime Network ads in the Sentai DVDs/BRs meant the site went under years ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You mean to tell me that the Anime Network is still around? I always thought those old ass Anime Network ads in the Sentai DVDs/BRs meant the site went under years ago.

Its still there, I think. Their free ondemand channel was what go me into FMP back in the day.

Never got an answer to my question, is Sentai hard to license from or something?
It's not that they are necessarily harder to license from than viz or Funi, it's just that the stuff they do decide to dub wouldn't be worth going through the broadcast negotiations (except for Log Horizon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom