• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The game plan.
A8PuWl4.gif

You guys are praising the art and animation when the real praise should go to the Episode Director and the Storyboard Director for the framing, music choice, angle shots, and tone setting.

Raxus

Someone came in and was like "I'm directing a filler episode of Naruto Shippuden, but I am going to direct the SHIT out of this filler episode."

Probably dropped the mic after it was done too.

THAT is how you fuckers should direct canon episodes!

To be fair, I think Kishi struggles with providing a sense of scope to his work.

When it's focused on just the people, preferably just a few, that's when Naruto is at its best.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The crossover Old Spice commercials are still amazing.

Yep, Kishi is the George Lucas of manga, he created a really popular and clever world and has decent ideas for it but is himself a hack fraud writer who can't turn his ideas into anything competent.

Apt comparison. You'd think having editors would have helped...
Then again, those same editors told him to add Sasuke...

To be fair, I think Kishi struggles with providing a sense of scope to his work.

When it's focused on just the people, preferably just a few, that's when Naruto is at its best.

The only good thing Kishi has wrote in the past 10 years for the Naruto manga was
The Sarada mini arc that trolled the shit out of Sakura and her fans
but he loses points for having no back bone

The crossover Old Spice commercials are still amazing.

Apt comparison. You'd think having editors would have helped...
Then again, those same editors told him to add Sasuke...

From a money making perspective they were 100% right and I'd have given the exact same suggestion

The series is at its worst when it does that mainly cause it focuses on the least interesting people.

This always confused me, wasn't this show big on pushing the letting go of revenge trope?

I mean that was what the whole Sasuke thing was about.

Just so everyone knows this entire episode was actually 5-6 pages in the manga.
The rest of the chapter was naruto learning his new rasengan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom