• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Guy is a classic sleazebag and yet Michiko falls right for him. wtf Michiko. I thought you were smart.

This episode is basically the nadir of any positive potential for her character.

I don't mean than as a criticism, it's pretty clear and intentional that.....that's kind of the point. All about how they show attempts a redemption from here.

You ever know that guy who has/had a wonderful woman, but cheated on her?

I did. Dude had an amazing woman, funny, smart, sexy, the whole shebang.

I think I missed this episode when I watched it for the first time last year, but hair clipping seen confirmed for me that Michiko doesn't wear a weave, but I'm not sure why I was thinking that as a possibility in the first place, I don't think the Japanese are well versed in black women's hair care, so that shit's either a perm or she's an indigenous Latina.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think I missed this episode when I watched it for the first time last year, but hair clipping seen confirmed for me that Michiko doesn't wear a weave, but I'm not sure why I was thinking that as a possibility in the first place, I don't think the Japanese are well versed in black women's hair care, so that shit's either a perm or she's an indigenous Latina.
I imagine she's supposed to be at least half Japanese given the premise of the show and her name and that anime usually goes that way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I imagine she's supposed to be at least half Japanese given the premise of the show and her name and that anime usually goes that way.

Well there's lots of Japanese people in Brazil too if I remember right.

Man, how hard up is she that she needs to get with this loser?

I think the implication is that he reminds her of Hiroshi.

Or that she's lonely. Loneliness can make people act irrational.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She's dead Michiko and its on you. Basically the plot of a Tyler Perry movie. Cheat and your kid DIES.

The music in this show...

tumblr_mz6mrgESOS1scz79jo1_400.gif

Line_HTX

I am home. I guess I'll watch this mini-marathon.

I'll probably have to start over from the beginning to get the finer details, but for the most part, an anime like this isn't so plot-driven that I'm completely lost all the time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Super Mario Maker is out this week. Can't wait to unlock all those amiibo costumes & try all the levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom