• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg I forgot Michiko's outfit keeps getting smaller the further the series goes.

..........not that I have any problem with that.

omg I forgot Michiko's outfit keeps getting smaller the further the series goes.

..........not that I have any problem with that.

Soon her outfits will collapse in on themselves and create a mini black hole that will rip apart the fabric of time and space. It's actually how the series ends.

Raxus

Seeing all these scenes again puts a whole new spin on them.

Especially now we know how crazy Satoshi really is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Vasily looks like he needs to be piloting a mech with a playstation controller

Oh hey Shovel Knight review

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uh, PS4? What about the 3DS & Wii U & Vita & Xbox One versions?

OMG, these bumps were specifically made of all the moments we enjoyed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a problem with Shovel Knight on PS4?
Yeah, YOU CAN'T USE THE SHOVEL KNIGHT AMIIBO!!!

...all seriousness, seems weird they didn't mention the other versions of the game. They made it sound it was exclusive to PS4.

"I gotta say Marco looks a lot thinner this match. And dare I say it, somewhat sexually attractive. Almost like a woman took his place. But that's absurd."

M&H dub is aces. I dunno what you are talking about unless you have very specific examples.

I came across the last few minutes I should say, but those entire five minutes were a tragedy to me. As evident in their inflation these actors weren't bought into the scenes. It came across as way overdoing it in the cases of Hatchin and Michiko and also in result broke the tone of the scene. If I could rewind that shit right now I would so I can go in depth, but I'll say this about Monica Rial's performance as Michiko; she doesn't have particularly good control of adapting her voice for this character. Michiko is a tarnished soul with an exterior that says she ran out of fucks to give and she'd clap your ass in a heartbeat if you crossed her. For a character like that you would need that is more passive, more smooth when it comes to that shield, but a more aggressive and intimidating tone for when she's angry. I just saw a clip while I was typing this that was passable for sarcasm, but as quickly as that came it diminished back into her previous problem of capturing appropriate tone.

Edit: To update when Michiko grabbed Hatchin's arm and said "girl what the hell are you doing?" straight up sounded like a white woman doing her black voice.

On the issue of dialogue a good chunk of it I never found that this something an actual person would say in these circumstances. It's hard for me to place some certain examples because I tend to quickly forget things if I don't address them immediately, but I do think I did post a few quotes in my LTTP thread last this year and in the Anime thread.
Wait, there is one that comes to mind near the conclusion of the show. Michiko was talking to some woman in a stark white room and fell over in her chair with her legs split and the woman said something like "My what long legs you have,". It came across as really weird and out of place. The stuff that comes out of Hatchin's mouth doesn't seem believable given her age. That tampon scene comes to mind.

The dialogue simply can't touch something on like Octavia Butler's books. Ms. Butler can make a scene with her dialogue. The trial at the end of Fledgling is a great example of this. As some issues I have with the Harry Potter books, I can't fault the dialogue most of the time. When Dawlish stepped up to Dumbledore and D replied with "I know you made Outstanding on all your N.E.W.T.S. when you were here, but let's not pretend that you're on my level. I will hurt you," I said damn! Dumbledore always came off as humble, but that was some straight g shit right there. I got a little scared of him myself. I was feeling like Dawlish. But not to rant for too long, that's basically how I feel about the issues with the acting and dialogue along with some examples I find did succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom