• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Minor can't sign a waiver. Needs parental permission. Technically!
No, it's not that. It's just, where the hell did this randomly come from??

It will all make sense (or not) after the final episode, this arc is a good lead into the future of SAO ftom what I've heard. This is one of my favorite parts of SAO for that reason.

Wait what they gave her a contatminated blood transfusion? ARE YOU SHITTING ME

GERGHE$WHAHDR %UEYADRB ERTennbr

WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP DOCTORS WERE THEY

ERHYEReryerHFJTFJBY THARHJARTHR

AIDSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Donald26wmv.gif

FUCK THIS SHOW!!!!!

Actually this is a thing that happens.

kewlmyc

And it wasn't sexually transmitted either, it was a bad blood transfusion.

I'm surprised the hospital didn't get sued to the ground.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Did anyone at Aniplex think "GUYS, maybe calling it AIDS isn't the best thing, maybe we should take some liberties on this one part...."

AND OF COURSE THE PARENTS &/OR SIBLINGS ARE DEAD.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That explains the twins in the full opening...

"You look exactly like you do in the game" No she doesn't, she doesn't have blue hair.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did anyone at Aniplex think "GUYS, maybe calling it AIDS isn't the best thing, maybe we should take some liberties on this one part...."

AND OF COURSE THE PARENTS &/OR SIBLINGS ARE DEAD.

They couldn't have gone with cancer?

Fucking AIDS, holy shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really though, isn't AIDS one of the first things hospitals test donated blood for

Of all the bullshit in this show, the idea of being infected by a blood transfusion IS actually something that legit happens. I think it's much much more rare than it used to be, but it is a thing that can happen.

I'm willing to give this a shot I guess since they haven't done anything terribly offensive so far.

But Christ do you not get to go from harem bullshit to this.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
They don't understand AIDS at all. The author seems to think it's an airborne virus that's still a death sentence.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Exactly... how much of your hate for this is because it's in SAO and you have no faith in SAO. Were this a stand alone series would you be more accepting of it?

I wouldn't accept this bullshit because this knowledge of AIDS is at least 20. maybe 30 years out of date.

Crocodile

Actually this is a thing that happens.

The level of incompetence required to transfuse infected blood in the year 2011 is so staggering I'm pretty sure every doctor involved would be put to a firing squad and the hospital would be burned to the ground.

This is all bullshit manufactured drama nonsense

Also, what is actually killing her? It's usually secondary infections and complications that kill people with AIDS

Would you guys have been happier if the disease had been magic illness that wasn't discovered until after the transfusion? Wouldn't it have the same impact in the story?

Exactly... how much of your hate for this is because it's in SAO and you have no faith in SAO. Were this a stand alone series would you be more accepting of it?

I don't hate SAO, but I don't have faith that the author can tackle serious topics like this well like how abuse and rape in the previous season were handled poorly.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would you guys have been happier if the disease had been magic illness that wasn't discovered until after the transfusion? Wouldn't it have the same impact in the story?

It could have been cancer. I could have been ok with cancer. But fucking AIDS? I'm going to hell for laughing this hard.

Raxus

Of all the bullshit in this show, the idea of being infected by a blood transfusion IS actually something that legit happens. I think it's much much more rare than it used to be, but it is a thing that can happen.

Yes it is a thing that CAN happen but it is rare now and I would imagine be next to impossible in the future.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Actually I would because then this shit would be easier to swallow. A defter hand is needed when dealing with real diseases.

kewlmyc

Not sure if I respect the show or not for using a real disease instead of your standard "dying by Japanese cold or made up disease".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom