• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
iCjzYIp.gif

the hell

Raxus

The only thing I don't like Revy is that she is even BETTER in the manga.
Now if they'd just continue the god damn thing.

As for all time favorite Women in anime

Revy - Duh
Birdy - Birdy the Mighty
White - BBB
Maka - Soul Eater
Faye - Cowboy Bebop

There are more I am sure I missed or just plain missed the list.

Speaking of anime that everyone should check out. I hope nobody forgets Death Parade too soon. It is a shame it is just weird enough to not find a niche and was forgotten so quickly apparently.

Raxus

I'd argue it is more than ok but I do have a bias to more psychological anime like Paranoia Agent. I eat that shit right up.

Moaradin

Death Parade was great. Very interesting premise but of course, it probably flopped. Not enough harem bullshit to sell in Japan.

I dunno, it probably won't become some under-appreciated cult classic, I'm glad it happened though as I liked the original stand alone episode. There were better shows that sold less like Junketsu no Maria.

Moaradin

Catching up with last week.

DBZ
Episode was good. I forgot how dumb Frieza's second transformation was lol. Chris Ayres continues to kill it. Love his maniacal cackling lol.

Akame ga Kill
The humor in this show couldn't fail harder if it tried. The delivery in the dub doesn't help either. Oh god Esdeath and Justice Girl's voice. Next episode is gonna be hilarious.

Michiko and Hatchin
Oh we're going back to the Circus. Oh hey shitty reporter Dandy. Great episode. Hatchin continues to be the best part of the show. Love her impressions lol.

SAO
You guys made a way bigger deal about this episode than it deserves. Freaking out because of AIDS? Really? It's not high art or anything, but it handled a serious subject way better than you'd expect for SAO. Be glad it hasn't got rapey yet. And LOL at Kirito Ex Machina coming in to save the day.

Naruto
WAR ECONOMY. The whole Asuma thing could probably be condensed a little bit. Goes on an episode too long imo. Make sure to check out the next episode. Really good. Maybe one of the best Naruto episodes.

One Piece
Still dropping bombs I see. I love how One Piece tends to end arcs on big ass parties.

Raxus

I love that we just finished One Piece's big party and the manga minor spoiler
finished with the biggest straw hat party of them all ;)

Goda

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
Man, I really have to watch Blood Blockade Battlefront and Death Parade even if it's just for the sheer joy of seeing characters in such nice clothes. Also, Baccano.

Crocodile

Glad to here BBB will finally air its last episode. Hopefully it lives up to the building hype. I'm surprised they even got the leeway to delay the final episode and make it almost 2x as long. Not many shows get that luxury (and many could have used it). Not sure if its a case of where the studio decided to go above and beyond the line of duty or they fell behind and needed the extra time (though again its shocking they actually got it)

On a side note, Death Parade was great. One of the better shows this year so far :)

I tried playing Pirate Warriors 3

Musou games still kinda suck even when I care about the series

Did you try Hyrule Warriors?

I don't typically care about Musou games, but I liked Hyrule Warriors.

Strangely enough, Zelda feels like the strongest character in that game.

Maybe the DLC changed that tho.

Raxus

I really enjoyed Pirate Warriors 2. Kind of a shame if Pirate Warriors 3 is a downgrade.

Hyrule Warriors is godly (if you have any interest in Mosou games)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like Musou games only work if you truly care about the franchise it's based on. I rather enjoyed PW2 & especially Hyrule Warriors, but found the Fist of the North Star one rather "eeh" because I really didn't know much about the franchise, so you can't appreciate the smaller details. I tried the demo for that PSP Dynasty Warriors game and couldn't get into it, so I think knowing the characters & being able to see "OH, this is referencing that!" makes the game a bit more fun. Part of the reason why I'm trying to decide if I should get the Gundam ones, because despite liking anime robots & the designs, I haven't actually seen any of the many, many versions of the show, so I won't be familiar with the characters & know what's referencing what.

Though with all the games I've gotten/will get this month, the last thing I needed was this sale, especially with the fact I still have $21 left on my account.

Moaradin

Glad to here BBB will finally air its last episode. Hopefully it lives up to the building hype. I'm surprised they even got the leeway to delay the final episode and make it almost 2x as long. Not many shows get that luxury (and many could have used it). Not sure if its a case of where the studio decided to go above and beyond the line of duty or they fell behind and needed the extra time (though again its shocking they actually got it)

On a side note, Death Parade was great. One of the better shows this year so far :)

It also helps that BBB is the best selling anime Bones had since like Full Metal Alchemist, so they can get away with not airing their final episode for so long.

Reading the Blue Exorcist manga reminds me of how bizarre that series anime adaptation was. It blew through its canon content so quickly where the story has actually gone is infinitely more interesting, though I am surprised about the elements the anime filler team got kinda right.

I enjoyed my time with death parade. I really liked the ice skating episode and the end of episode 9. Also,
that Light cameo blew my mind when I first saw it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TOONAMI IMPRESSIONS!

DRAGONBALL Z KAI One of my favorite fights in the entire series. Piccolo, the Namekian, versus Buff Freiza. It was Piccolo's birthright to kill all the Freezers. Then Xenomorph Freezer giving him the old one two.

AGAME GA KILL! Fun episode. Glasses girl is clearly the best VA in the show so far! The Laws of the Universe Mean Nothing! Almagest! White Hole! It's a modern fantasy anime with all the cliches that go along with it; booty shots, cute girls in underwear, sadistic villains, human transmutation.

MICHIKO AND HATCHIN One of the best episodes so far. This broke out at the end.

SWORD ART ONLINE II Despite the super AIDS this episode was phenomenal, though it did leave one feeling where is Kirito?

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN Another really strong episode. Great acting in this one all around. Makes you feel bad that they never will do anything with Sakura. Akatsuki are basically Ninja LALELILULO.

ONE PIECE Is still the best show on the block. Robin needs to...chill out. Freeze puns.

ATTACK ON TITAN It's a good episode, but I watched it on Saturday.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you freakin' kidding me. The theater I work at didn't show EITHER DBZ films, but I just checked & we're getting the live-action AoT film.

........well at least I can see it for free. No idea if it's the dub or sub. Will have to see if my friend or co-workers will want to see it, considering they're into anime.

Edit: Oh, & we're not getting the 2015 animated Ghost in the Shell film either. siiiigggghhhh

Mizerman

Reading the Blue Exorcist manga reminds me of how bizarre that series anime adaptation was. It blew through its canon content so quickly where the story has actually gone is infinitely more interesting, though I am surprised about the elements the anime filler team got kinda right.

Seriously. I started to read the manga and that got me hooked far more than the anime did.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At the very least, we're now getting the Iron Giant, as the site previously said we weren't, so that's a plus.

What's weirder is that I remember our theater getting that One Piece film that summed up the Alabasta arc and one of the Death Note live-action films, plus they've shown a few Studio Ghibli films, as I saw Secret World of Arrietty there. You'd think DBZ would sell on nostalgia (I had to go to Lansing with my friend to see Battle of Gods & it was pretty packed), so no idea why our place didn't get it, especially since we're a college town.

Still, considering I get movies free now, I might as well see both AoT parts out of curiosity of how well it translated to live-action. I just hope they can actually draw an actual emotion out of me compared to rewatching it on Toonami & being rather bored.

Moaradin

How often does a new chapter of Blue Exorcist come out? I checked Weekly Shonen Jump and there's only like 71 chapters out now and it started in 2009. It can't be much farther than where the anime split off.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Birdy's got a strong dub too. And just like the show, its OP deserves so much more love.
Birdy has always been on the dark horse Toonami shows. If Toonami was still 6 hours long, it would be guaranteed. But with the great animation and strong female lead, I still feel like it's an inevitable Toonami show.

At least it would be better than Akame Ga Kill
It also helps that BBB is the best selling anime Bones had since like Full Metal Alchemist, so they can get away with not airing their final episode for so long.
I never heard or seen this anime before but Bones + super popular sure sounds like a Toonami guarantee.

At least it must be better than Akame Ga Kill
How often does a new chapter of Blue Exorcist come out? I checked Weekly Shonen Jump and there's only like 71 chapters out now and it started in 2009. It can't be much farther than where the anime split off.
Blue Exorcist is a serialized in one of Shonen Jump's monthly magazines, which is why the chapter count is so low. For comparison, Fullmetal Alchemist, another monthly manga, only reached 108 chapters.

At least it was better than Akame Ga Kill

Moaradin

I enjoyed Blue Exorcist when it aired. Weird ending aside, it had a great dub, good humor, and it looked pretty nice. It doesn't do anything particularly new or interesting, but it was enjoyable.

Definitely better than Akame ga Kill.

Soulflarz

Banned
I enjoyed Blue Exorcist when it aired. Weird ending aside, it had a great dub, good humor, and it looked pretty nice. It doesn't do anything particularly new or interesting, but it was enjoyable.

Definitely better than Akame ga Kill.

Miles better than the dubbed AGK. But yes, I thought the ending episode was a parody. The series had plenty of nonsense, but it kills this weird dub and plot of zzz

You have no idea, Blue Exorcist basically diverges right after his classmates discover he's the son of Satan and he starts doing the candle training. Everything past that point in the anime is filler. Thats chapter 10-11 in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom