• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Renting games for the week ending July 4, 2004

Home Video Essentials Results [7/8/2004 10:30:12 AM ET]
Home Video Essentials, a product of Rentrak Corporation, has released a preliminary list of the top renting videogames for the week ending July 4, 2004.
Here are the top 10:
1. Spider-Man 2—PS2
2. DRIV3R—PS2
3. Spider-Man 2—Xbox
4. DRIV3R—Xbox
5. Red Dead Revolver—PS2
6. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow—PS2
7. Shadow Ops: Red Mercury—Xbox
8. NBA Ballers—PS2
9. Need for Speed: Underground—PS2
10. Red Dead Revolver—Xbox

Activision’s Spider-Man 2 entered the charts this week, earning an estimated $720,093 on the PS2 and another $387,419 on the Xbox, enough to best Atari’s DRIV3R paring, which took in $559,807 on the PS2 and another $323,804 in its Xbox form.

Mashing

I remember when I used to rent games... I only rented good games, it appears that renters no longer care about quality anymore. Half of that list comprises utter shitastic games.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Mashing said:
I remember when I used to rent games... I only rented good games, it appears that renters no longer care about quality anymore. Half of that list comprises utter shitastic games.
Besides, Driv3r, what games on that list are "utter shitastic" and why would a renter necessarily care about quality - wouldn't a quality game be worth a purchase rather than just a rent?

Fifty

kaching said:
Besides, Driv3r, what games on that list are "utter shitastic" and why would a renter necessarily care about quality - wouldn't a quality game be worth a purchase rather than just a rent?

Shadow Ops.

RDR is a good rental. Not good, or long enough to equal a purchase, but the perfect game for a rental.

Top Bottom