• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

ReiGun

Remember when Samurai Ha-Oh came out and we all laughed at how lazily Yellow and Pink were just attached to the feet?

Who'd have thought they'd apply that same "just stick it somewhere" philosophy to an entire mech.

jwk94

10356017_10152513083846687_598054120621662225_n.jpg

as awesome as this is, the Titanium blaster is really bothering me ><

Corgi

Banned
Hell at least it COMBINED. The trains are literally just docked, doing nothing. Makes me wonder why they really needed the drill zord so badly.

yeah, even the bad guys were like... thats it?

I guess they took feedback that final mechas were too hard for kiddies to combine, and scaled WAY back.

lol I remember watching a video of something putting together samurai haoh took like 12 min or so to stick everything together.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
oh god. toqger final form mecha is something.

makes the previous clusterfucks seem well designed. This just screams lazy and the toy looks awful too.

images

damn, the toys are ugly looking. i knew i wasnt getting gogo v, but damn i was expecting something more.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The good thing about Rainbow is that the suit looks radically different from the toy... and it actually moves!

Anyway good ToQ ep

vareon

Hell at least it COMBINED. The trains are literally just docked, doing nothing. Makes me wonder why they really needed the drill zord so badly.

Hahahaha I laughed at that. Akira spent so much time (and perhaps gone into an unfavorable deal) to get the Drill Train and there it is...just sticking on the left leg.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well...there was no footage of the Gokaigers teaming up with the Kyoryugers anyway....

Weren't most of the old team-ups original footage?
Oh right, this is Neo-Saban, no time for that. Unless Lynn changes things up (which he very well could)

Well, can't say I blame him.

Also, can't see him coming back for any team-ups/cameos anymore. Not like team-ups are a thing anymore.

Yeah... I don't see him doing a crossover in the future. He'll appear at conventions but never on screen again.

WillyFive

Weren't most of the old team-ups original footage?
Oh right, this is Neo-Saban, no time for that.

Yeah. This is the same Saban that instead of filming new stuff to remove the pre-Zyuranger suits from the footage, they just decided to use the footage instead and explain it afterwards.

Nah, just kidding, they didn't explain it.

jwk94

yeah, even the bad guys were like... thats it?

I guess they took feedback that final mechas were too hard for kiddies to combine, and scaled WAY back.

lol I remember watching a video of something putting together samurai haoh took like 12 min or so to stick everything together.

I remember having a hard time putting together my Time Force + Time Shadow megazord I got for Christmas one year. Hell, Time Shadow was kinda pointy and hurt now that I think about it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What ever happened to the Tomica Rescue series anyway? Did it tank that they didn't make more of it?

Slayven

I don't know japanese, but seems like Willd isn't more horsepower. But more torque, which you would need in an industral vehcile like a dump truck, crane, etc.

javadoze

So it seems that Naomi Takebe (Gaim, Go-Busters, OOO, and Kiva) is going to be the producer of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Also, the show is reported to be more lighthearted in tone.

This news is somewhat concerning considering she doesn't seem the proactive type of producer aside from spotting popular characters and components and capitalizing on them (like with Date in OOO and maybe with Kaito in Gaim). This means that the writer, director, and others will be more of an indicator of the show's quality.

Corgi

Banned
I remember having a hard time putting together my Time Force + Time Shadow megazord I got for Christmas one year. Hell, Time Shadow was kinda pointy and hurt now that I think about it.

I remember a friend had timeshadow. it had one of the more complex mechanics with the metal rails.

Doesn't even seem to dock properly with the main megazord without some fiddling lol.

NeonZ

So it seems that Naomi Takebe (Gaim, Go-Busters, OOO, and Kiva) is going to be the producer of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Also, the show is reported to be more lighthearted in tone.

This news is somewhat concerning considering she doesn't seem the proactive type of producer aside from spotting popular characters and components and capitalizing on them (like with Date in OOO and maybe with Kaito in Gaim). This means that the writer, director, and others will be more of an indicator of the show's quality.

With modern Takebe, this also means we'll likely get a bunch of movie tie in episodes, considering Go-Busters and Gaim.

Another lighthearted one? Go-Busters really must've spooked the hell out of them.

ReiGun

I don't know if I can do three straight years of hyperactive, nice guy Reds. Hoping NinRed is more like Marvelous at least.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I don't know if I can do three straight years of hyperactive, nice guy Reds. Hoping NinRed is more like Marvelous at least.

Another Luffy type Red would be a little too much, i agree. Everyone else can be goofy, lets just try something different for red this time.

WillyFive

i hope its more like kyoryu and not toQ

That is all in the writing and directing. I personally hope Sakamoto returns, since he skipped Drive to do the Space Sheriff movies (although he does seem to be happier making movies since he doesn't have to deal with censorship, his Accel and Space Sheriff movies could not be done on TV or theatrical release).

WillyFive

Flash's suit is just straight up awful.

Some of the CG sequences are pretty good, especially considering they are from CW, but that suit is just a disaster.

Top Bottom