• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
didn't red buster fight kabuto or faiz speed form in one of the super crossover movies?

Kabuto. Well, Decade who turned into Kabuto, at least. So the argument could be made that Tsukasa isn't as skilled at using Clock Up as Tendou is.

That is, if anything in Super Hero Taisen were worth actually discussing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kabuto. Well, Decade who turned into Kabuto, at least. So the argument could be made that Tsukasa isn't as skilled at using Clock Up as Tendou is.

That is, if anything in Super Hero Taisen were worth actually discussing.

That was like the one good scene in that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBOAdFRJ_Io
Movie War 2015 trailer

Is it bad that I laughed when they first showed Mai?

Also glad that they're handing out that Episode Zero out on dvd. Assuming it'll be more plot relevant than the movie.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Speaking of the Busters, the CIA is in Dino Charge. I'm guessing they made the buster powers for a few episodes.

That's one way to incorporate them without making an entire season or having a hybrid mess like Megaforce.

Seriously, the Pirate Rangers should have been an all new cast. Not a Super Mode.

jwk94

That's one way to incorporate them without making an entire season or having a hybrid mess like Megaforce.

Seriously, the Pirate Rangers should have been an all new cast. Not a Super Mode.

Man, honestly, I really want them to try that one more time but not as a hybrid. Go with something like MMPR to Zeo. That's what I really wanted from MF to SMF. A new season, quest for powers, ditch the old powers and zords. The whole shebang. Ugh, SMF was so disappointing. The best thing to come out of that season were Orion's backstory, the tons of flash morphs, and Casey coming back.

The hybrid season was a mess from the jump given what Gokaiger gave them to work with. I don't even know if Samurai/Megaforce Part 1 as the hybrid season would've been any less of a mess or if a shortened versions of Samurai and Megaforce Part 1 would've been the best way to handle all of it. They could've used Megaforce Part 2 to easily flush out any backstory needed and write around whatever they had to skip and give the Gokaiger adaptation the room to celebrate the milestone.

Truth is truth though. Those seasons needed separate casts and full seasons to make it all work. Even given that the "disrespect" that Super Megaforce has shown to everything before it is just horrible to say the least. To celebrate 20 years in the business with this showing is a damn shame. Dino Charge is looking so far to deliver on something actually competent. So here's hoping.

Like the color changing rumors I heard about the next sentai.

Don't like them too much. They're BS.

People really need to learn about the obvious BS rumors that some places make up and then naive fools pass along like they have any shot.

Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago everyone was spreading around the fact that we were definitely getting Jetman 2?

WillyFive

That was like the one good scene in that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBOAdFRJ_Io
Movie War 2015 trailer

Is it bad that I laughed when they first showed Mai?

Also glad that they're handing out that Episode Zero out on dvd. Assuming it'll be more plot relevant than the movie.

That looked great. The camera work was the type you see in the bigger budget Sentai/Rider summer movies instead of the TV-quality movies shown in other parts of the year.

javadoze

Movie villain must be pretty powerful to challenge Kouta.

Yeah, but then again in the previews for the movie it looks like Kouta and Mai turn back to normal for some reason.

Also, loving the fact that both Drive and Gaim are in the Trideron arguing. Now I feel like we need a movie war movie where the characters go on a road trip with Shinnosuke.

EDIT: The color change rumor for Ninninger was also proven false.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
A friend of mine pointed this out to me earlier: This looks like the first Movie War that won't have any other Riders making cameos. It looks like it's just Drive and Gaim.

Slayven

Don't like them too much. They're BS.

People really need to learn about the obvious BS rumors that some places make up and then naive fools pass along like they have any shot.

Wasn't it just a couple weeks ago everyone was spreading around the fact that we were definitely getting Jetman 2?

booo

On another note the CGI for Drive 6 looks positively 90s level.

NeonZ

Yeah, but then again in the previews for the movie it looks like Kouta and Mai turn back to normal for some reason.

He gets turned to normal because the villain does something in the crossover part. But he also loses a battle against the villain while being fully powered in the beginning of the Gaim part.

WarRock

Every time flash runs he looks fucking stupid.

Agreed on they use that stupid POV with him facing the camera. Thank God they stopped after the second episode.

Some scenes are just great though.

animation2cbxne.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if Cyborg Ryouma is going to play a big role, or if he's just a silly Starter Villain to open the Gaim segment with.

BatDan

Super Megaforce 19

Plot holes so massive you can fit an Ultrazord through them.

Orion is leaving for his planet... why? There's nothing there! You're the sole survivor!
"The Armada has been decimated" ... Are you serious? You know they're still out there! You've met Levira, you know about Mavro, how stupid are you guys? *thinks back to the class where they learned about the solar system* Oh... right...

"Emperor Mavro is Vrak and Vekar's father" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ99s4Ywnw
Gosei continues to be the worst mentor.

Seeing the teacher and Not Ernie reacting to the invasion only reminded me how anemic the season's supporting cast was.
"There's so... many" Nice read there Christina, maybe try actually showing some fear and not discomfort.

It's bad enough we have "new powers" (Changeman, Flashman, Maskman, Fiveman), but they can't even be consistent with their names. Changeman was Dragon mode, but now it's Blitz mode? And Maskman was Blitz mode but now it's Lightning mode? Who wrote this crap?
Of course, we get pseudo-cameo from Jetman in the form of their Greater Power. I imagine if you pause you can see Red holding the Jetman key.

And to top it all off, Nickelodeon airs a promo that strokes JDF's ego.
One more to go! Thank fuck.

EDIT: Also, you can't try to have a tearful goodbye when Orion was barely in the show.
And he keeps referencing things that didn't happen. Tzachor doesn't seem aware of "show don't tell".
Not to mention all the annoying "I can control the Q-Rex remotely" exposition. I just... ugh.

jwk94

Maskman was not blitz mode. GIa meant a literal blitz. An all-out a attack which is why they kept changing from ranger to ranger during that fight.

I also loved how Orion manged to point out every character development flaw they had in just a few minutes.

BatDan

Maskman was not blitz mode. GIa meant a literal blitz. An all-out a attack which is why they kept changing from ranger to ranger during that fight.

I also loved how Orion manged to point out every character development flaw they had in just a few minutes.

Hmmm... they made it confusing by calling Changeman "Blitz Mode". Really it's just one of the season's many MANY flaws.

And yeah, more telling than showing. "(Gia) showed you can be tough and caring" She did?
"(Troy) showed me what it's like to be a Power Ranger" He did?

Here's the promo
"They need the ultimate power"
*camera cuts to Tommy* "Him!"
Yeah just ignore all the other people in the episode. Stroke his ego some more.

jwk94

Hmmm... they made it confusing by calling Changeman "Blitz Mode". Really it's just one of the season's many MANY flaws.

And yeah, more telling than showing. "(Gia) showed you can be tough and caring" She did?
"(Troy) showed me what it's like to be a Power Ranger" He did?

Here's the promo
"They need the ultimate power"
*camera cuts to Tommy* "Him!"
Yeah just ignore all the other people in the episode. Stroke his ego some more.

That has nothing to do with stroking his ego. People couldn't really care less about the other seasons let alone the other MMPR rangers. Tommy is the most popular ranger so of course they're going to point out the fact that for the first time since 1994 (?) he's back in action as the most iconic ranger. Nevermind the fact that he's the only MMPR veteran in the team up itself. Why say "them" when there's a high chance nobody knows or even cares about who the other (besides Britney and Hector I guess
who did absolutely nothing in the finale
) rangers are?

Corgi

Banned
you know, flash and Arrow are pretty much as toku as they get.

suited action. special effects. a cast of people that are way too pretty to be taken seriously :p

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The whole "nin nin" = "2 colors" thing makes no sense at all. "nin nin" is just the sound of a ninja sneaking around, not "person person" Unless they were going for a really awful gag (which isn't outside the realm of possibility I guess..).

I think it's fair to assume 2(+1) things about ninninger:

1. The hensshin items are going to be long\big enough to fit in Bandai's new gacha machines they've been using for ToQ and Drive. So I assume they will have kunai or scrolls or something (ninninpo, maybe?). I swear I could work Ban-Nams toy department.

2. Red's weapon is most likely going to be called the "Shuri-ken."

3. Either a zord or a character is going to have the word "Maru" in their name. Bonus points if the Red's name is Ranmaru. More bonus points if the zords are "akamaru" "aomaru" "kiimaru" and so on.

I am way too good at this.

vareon

I dunno sprsk, I'll call none of the weapon will be called "shuri-ken" because it would be too obvious.

Then again we have Handle Sword and Door Gun this season...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I dunno sprsk, I'll call none of the weapon will be called "shuri-ken" because it would be too obvious.

Then again we have Handle Sword and Door Gun this season...

I'd also accept "Nin-Nin-To" as a kind of pun on ninjato

Corgi

Banned
i just hope they have some decent mechs again. TOQ trains are shit, and wasn't a big fan of kyoruger either.

the last ninja sentai had some decent mechas though, and the gacha ball gimmic was pretty neat.

Super Megaforce 19

No. Just no. This was just too much bullshit even for me.

I can't wait for the non-existent explanation that gets all these Rangers together. I wonder if they had Jaden & Casey film stuff for the episode since they were the only 2 Rangers to actually show up this season?

That Tommy ad though? Damn.

That Cameron Jebo tweet. Body bag.

jwk94

Super Megaforce 19

No. Just no. This was just too much bullshit even for me.

I can't wait for the non-existent explanation that gets all these Rangers together. I wonder if they had Jaden & Casey film stuff for the episode since they were the only 2 Rangers to actually show up this season?

That Tommy ad though? Damn.

That Cameron Jebo tweet. Body bag.
spoiler for smf20
jayden and casey aren't in it

WillyFive

i just hope they have some decent mechs again. TOQ trains are shit, and wasn't a big fan of kyoruger either.

the last ninja sentai had some decent mechas though, and the gacha ball gimmic was pretty neat.

I loved the Kyoryuger mechs, some of my favorites of the last 10 years; ToQger's mechs however are trash.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They so lifeless, the main mechs look like unfinished concept models.

No, they look like basic concept models. Some of the many unfinished designs weve seen from other series look better than the actual trains we got. Akiras is the coolest of all of them, and i still dont know how that happened.

Top Bottom