• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Jaeger

The 6th Ranger reveal, and it hasn't even aired? I don't recall that happening at all with Kyoryuger.

Currently watching Kiva (Ep 11). Sad about Kyoryuger ending this weekend. But it was an awesome ride, indeed.

Rajack

This seriously needs some heavy metal guitars wailing in the background.
How the hell do they make the final blow so boring?

I wish someone else handled Power Rangers now... the question is who? What company out there would do it?

One option would be to give the bastard child series a mercy killing, the other would be to hand it directly to Toei.

NeonZ

Will they say something how their fighting styles suddenly changed?

Going by the episode titles and summaries that were leaked a while back, they might address blue's style change, but that's it. They've also reshot the only action scene we've seen for black/green, so, they might attempt to hide the Gokaiger footage at least in the premiere. Although obviously we'll see inconsistencies afterwards.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Interesting read.
What I would do is study the Sentai. If it's something that can translate well to American audiences, I'd keep it similar. If it's something that's beyond translation (Shinkenger), I'd take liberties with the material.

That was kind of cool, but it was ruined by Megaforce Pink's voice. Was she meant to sound condescending?

That was kind of cool, but it was ruined by Megaforce Pink's voice. Was she meant to sound condescending?

Nah, she's just not the best. She makes Troy (Megaforce Red) look good and he's just a polished board of old driftwood with some hair on it.

Interesting read.
What I would do is study the Sentai. If it's something that can translate well to American audiences, I'd keep it similar. If it's something that's beyond translation (Shinkenger), I'd take liberties with the material.

Yeah, but that would require, you know, caring.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nah, she's just not the best. She makes Troy (Megaforce Red) look good and he's just a polished board of old driftwood with some hair on it.

heh. damn

Interesting read.

that would be a good reason to have a few directive teams when it comes to the adaptations. but yeah. as long as the money comes, i doubt they give a shit about the quality

BatDan

Yeah, but that would require, you know, caring.

that would be a good reason to have a few directive teams when it comes to the adaptations. but yeah. as long as the money comes, i doubt they give a shit about the quality

That's the sad part.
Saban still lives in the age of "If we make money selling toys, we don't have to try to make a good show".

Considering how swiftly shows like Young Justice were cancelled for not moving toys, that idea still seems to exist in some ways.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No Go-Busters for you, America!

1781961_10151866517516268_818626681_n.jpg

I thought Saban wasn't allowed to skip series. A shame, a western take on Go-Busters should've been fairly easy given that the show was filled with MMPR references in its soundbites.

BatDan

I thought Saban wasn't allowed to skip series. A shame, a western take on Go-Busters should've been fairly easy given that the show was filled with MMPR references in its soundbites.

I thought so too...

Maybe the mess that was Megaforce and Super Megaforce forced Toei and Saban to change their minds?

"We want to skip Goseiger and do Gokaiger."
"No! You must do every series!"
"But Nickelodeon only allows 20 episodes per season now."
"It's in the contract!"
"Fine... we'll combine the two series."

*one screening later*
".... "
"I guess we'll start work on Go-Busters now?"
"No... no... you can do whatever you want. Have Kyoryuger if you wish."

Dino Charge better keep the dance.

fmpanda

I bet ti's merchandise, Go Busters was light on that.

Plus GoBusters is kind of an odd series writing-wise, and we all know how Saban like to copy-pasta episodes from the Sentai, so yeah, I could see them wanting to go straight to Kyoryuger. I also don't see any of the dances making it, instead look for more gratuitous use of the MMPR theme. /crankycynicalrant

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Will attention whore Tommy appear?
Will it have a remix of 'Go Go Power Rangers' as its theme?
Will it suck?

I know the answers to all

Ass backwards? Saban does it best.

You skip the easy one which was celebration of what you did for the nostalgia buck? An adaptation of Go-Busters had a chance to really good seeing as you didn't need to adjust the premise a lot. But Saban and them damn dinos. Just couldn't wait.

That plus they probably want to strike on potential MMPR nostalgia while the anniversary iron is hot. Expect Tommy to appear as one of the extra rangers like in Dino Thunder.

I wonder if they'll even nod the Dr. O stuff. They seem largely inclined to ignore anything Disney that isn't Jungle Fury (because of Casey) or RPM (by fucking up the continuity so hard.) This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

BatDan

I feel Saban is trying to grab at nostalgia a little too hard ever since they started up again.

Samurai brought back Bulk, Megaforce brought back "It's Morphin Time", and now Dino Charge is coming instead of a Go-Busters adaptation because dinosaurs and the Kyoryuger movie with Zyuranger and Abaranger. I get the feeling Super Megaforce will really abuse the footage of the 90's Sentai, and most new additions will be Mighty Morphin, Zeo or In Space related.

Here's a thought. Instead of trying to appeal to adults that grew up with the series, appeal to a new generation of kids.

And yeah, Tommy is almost a guarantee. He'll probably be KyoryuSilver. Unless they adapt Torin like they did Doggie.

Slayven

I feel Saban is trying to grab at nostalgia a little too hard ever since they started up again.

Samurai brought back Bulk, Megaforce brought back "It's Morphin Time", and now Dino Charge is coming instead of a Go-Busters adaptation because dinosaurs and the Kyoryuger movie with Zyuranger and Abaranger. I get the feeling Super Megaforce will really abuse the footage of the 90's Sentai, and most new additions will be Mighty Morphin, Zeo or In Space related.

Here's a thought. Instead of trying to appeal to adults that grew up with the series, appeal to a new generation of kids.

And yeah, Tommy is almost a guarantee. He'll probably be KyoryuSilver. Unless they adapt Torin like they did Doggie.
Pretty much how I feel. Birds don't have scales.

Okay so they don't even have to tell us who KyoryuSilver is, because it's totally Tommy.

I'm really not digging all this nostalgia garbage Saban keeps trying to throw at us.

Slayven

Okay so they don't even have to tell us who KyoryuSilver is, because it's totally Tommy.

I'm really not digging all this nostalgia garbage Saban keeps trying to throw at us.

Does it sting? Does it make your head hurt? Is it infuriating?Just Keep smiling.

Top Bottom