• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

I can understand skipping Gobusters. Considering stuff like the dynamic morphs and how often Enter and Escape are around there's a lot of stuff you'd have to reshoot. Better to just move on to the next one.

First episode of Super Megaforce is more or less what I expected: Megaforce with a lick of Gokai paint.

I liked the lampshading of the black/green switch and it was neat that they were doing the morph calls for the teams they were changing into until they kinda just stopped doing it halfway through.

jwk94

Loved the Super MegaForce episode. Them just glossing over Jake going from Black to Green was hilarious.

Rewatched the opening and I think some of the scenes are from tribute episodes.

- Rangers running on water
that's probably them on Animaria looking for the Wild Force Red Lion
- Jake and Emma's name calls
Jungle Fury episode

Also, why were the guys running faster than the girls? You'd think they would all be running at the same pace.

Defuser

I wonder if Robert Baldwin will be in Dino Charge. Anyway I think the samba dancing will be removed from it considering I don't see the Kyoryugers ever dance except for Carnival Red.

WillyFive

Kyoryuger finale was really nice. Loved the cameos of all the suit and voice actors.

And I admit I giggled constantly hearing the childish dialogue on top of the hyper violent Gokaiger footage in Super Megaforce.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super Megaforce 1

Wasn't too bad.
Fight scenes were great (of course Gokaiger had great fight scenes but still), but did they seriously have to talk every god damn second?
Enough with the god damn Lull Destruction! Kids can appreciate quiet moments, like WALL-E.

The part where Jake questions why he's Green now was pretty funny. Though if they do the same interruption joke to address why everything is pirate related (pirate swords, pirate guns, pirate ship Zord), then I'm going to call them out for being lazy.

As for an explanation, I'm just going to pretend that Power Rangers is an alternate universe to Super Sentai that Bandora created shortly before she lost her powers, because reasons and children suck and all that. Man, she was such a terrible villain...

alvmew

I'm disgustingly behind on Kamen Rider, I'm not even sure what episode of Wizard I left off on. I'm so ashamed.

Nothing happens in Wizard anyway, so you can pretty much assume you're done with the show no matter how far you got.

And I say this as someone that genuinely "liked" Wizard.

Nothing happens in Wizard anyway, so you can pretty much assume you're done with the show no matter how far you got.

And I say this as someone that genuinely "liked" Wizard.

I see. I'd feel dirty moving straight to Gaim without finishing Wizard. I'll power through it one of these days.

GManDH

I'm disgustingly behind on Kamen Rider, I'm not even sure what episode of Wizard I left off on. I'm so ashamed.

i went from fourze eps 40 to Gaim eps 1. meaning i skipped the end of fourze and ALL of wizard. watch what u want, and go backto stuff later. if the next season of KR doesnt look promising, ill use it towatch old ones. dont even get me started on SS. Saw gokai, and then stopped. ill give Train a try. PS i keep forgetting, first eps of train is when again?

WillyFive

i went from fourze eps 40 to Gaim eps 1. meaning i skipped the end of fourze and ALL of wizard. watch what u want, and go backto stuff later. if the next season of KR doesnt look promising, ill use it towatch old ones. dont even get me started on SS. Saw gokai, and then stopped. ill give Train a try. PS i keep forgetting, first eps of train is when again?

Next week.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Only problem I have with Gaim at the moment is I really don't get what the point of Jonouchi's character is anymore (they're not gonna touch on if he found out about Hase?), and Bravo, while super entertaining, seems to end up being the "MOTW" more or less judging by how he's fighting the Beat Riders again next episode.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Ice cold:

1782047_621047751277142_1005120875_n.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i really hope they plan on using gobusters assets in the future. maybe explore the alternate earth more and have scott be gobuster red or something

Only problem I have with Gaim at the moment is I really don't get what the point of Jonouchi's character is anymore (they're not gonna touch on if he found out about Hase?), and Bravo, while super entertaining, seems to end up being the "MOTW" more or less judging by how he's fighting the Beat Riders again next episode.

I think it's more thank likely that he doesn't know. Although I find that hard to believe given how they hung out all the time as we are to believe.

I really hope that's not a plot hole or writer screw up & it'll be addressed later.

Jaeger

On hindsight, it means Neo-Saban won't ruin GoBusters, particularly J.

Agreed, and I should really finish that series. I dropped it way too early.

On episode 16, and Kiva is officially interesting, now. It was dragging, but this Fangire
Rook, who is part of the "Checkmate Four"?
Awesome.

Love the creature design, too.

I love Kiva.

Come at me.

Kiva was good, but uneven. Another run at it plot could've taken some rough patches out and brought the two eras closer together. But a number of series have characters and scenes that should've been cut in hindsight.

Kyoryuger is over. I think this might be my Kamen Rider W of Super Sentai (W was also written by Sanjo, so I think I'll follow him anywhere now). If someone asks me what to watch, I'll point to this. Loved it almost as much as Gokaiger and it had to stand completely on its own.

Only problem is I would've liked even more Yayoi. Still Sanjo did his best.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that Sanjo wrote every goddamn episode. Class act.

Watch Da Birdie

I love Kiva.

Come at me.

The actual show, admittedly, is pretty lame when it comes to keeping a plot towards the latter half...

But the suits, characters (except Shizuka, and latter half Kengo), and music are all pretty awesome, and the two-timeline plot is very interesting and pretty ambitious for a television series and they pull it off pretty well. I really have a soft spot for it.

Kiva's also awesome to use in Battride War.

Also, I LOVE the Kiva Movie, one of my favorite Hesei Movies, and it works as a way better ending than the main series. I wish the plot of the movie was the plot of the show honestly.

The actual show, admittedly, is pretty lame when it comes to keeping a plot towards the latter half...

But the suits, characters (except Shizuka, and latter half Kengo), and music are all pretty awesome, and the two-timeline plot is very interesting and pretty ambitious for a television series and they pull it off pretty well. I really have a soft spot for it.

Kiva's also awesome to use in Battride War.

Oh shit. Totally forgot that Kiva had my favorite weapon: Shotgun Sword (Zanvat Sword). It was just so goofy that it worked for me.

vareon

I love Kiva.

Come at me.

Kurenai Otoya single handedly saved Kiva.

And Darkness Moon Break, too.

I doubt Bravo will be retail, considering how Gridon is being handled, and the same can be said about Kurokage.

More money being taken from me...

Bravo had a bigger chance to be retail than Gridon and Kurokage, I think. The Energy riders though...

Zynx

Aesir-sub's Gaim 17 is out. The show continues to impress - the developing politics are actually pretty intriguing. So much revolves around Micchy now, you could even argue that he's the real main character now.

As for Kiva, the premise was pretty cool, I like the suits and many of the monster designs, the fighting had its distinct style, but the plot...
Otaya does carry the show, though. He somehow rises above the putrid material.

I'll probably start watching Power Rangers RPM all the way through sometime soon. I liked what clips of it I saw on youtube.

Watch Da Birdie

The most disappointing part of Kiva for me was the Arm Monsters fading out after the middle point, love how in the Movie we get to see them fight alongside Kiva.

I find it sort of funny how Bassha Form was basically never seen, and now in Gaim, we've got the similar looking Kiwi Arms (it's got the fish fin ears and such) barely being used, we haven't even seen a special attack from it.

Aesir-sub's Gaim 17 is out. The show continues to impress - the developing politics are actually pretty intriguing. So much revolves around Micchy now, you could even argue that he's the real main character now.

Yeah, I thought the episode was sort of "meh" when I watched it RAW, but I really loved it once I watched the sub and saw all of Micchy's little intricacies.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's probably one of the most interesting characters in Kamen Rider.

Also, I honestly hope they actually sell the "Dong-Oren" Lock Seed. I'd buy that for sure.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I also voted Heisei. Though it doesn't really matter which one you vote for, since whichever one doesn't win will just end up as a bonus feature on the Blu-Ray anyway. And it's not like most of us here will see it in the theater anyway (minus maybe sprsk).

vareon

Gaim 17 is my favorite yet. So many little things, attention to detail, like Micchy quickly removing his earpiece after de-transforming. I was questioning why Marika is pretty shitty when it comes to grabbing a DX belt from a dancer, turned out it was explainable in the end of the episode. The fight choreography (something Gaim lacks, IMO) was really good, too.

I'm trying not to credit Urobuchi too much, but he did a good job again. Having a fresh writer + removing the two-parter restraint really does wonders.

Showa. Come on, Heisei will shine in 90% of the other movies, so let Showa get this one.

Exactly my reasoning when I voted Showa, lol. Kind of bored with Heisei Riders so I thought maybe I'd see Showa Riders performing their attacks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyoryuger Finale

I'm gonna miss this series... Awesome finale.

Overall, Kyoryuger was so much fun. There were some issues, the Spirit Rangers and Yayoi could have used more screentime, and the other Kyoryugers should have gotten power-ups similar to Carnival, but overall the series was a blast to watch, and is up there as a "must-watch" for newcomers.

Hopefully ToQger is good, or at least decent.

And Saban, don't fuck up Dino Charge.

Top Bottom