• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

vareon

Does it sting? Does it make your head hurt? Is it infuriating?Just Keep smiling.

Awesome.

Ass backwards? Saban does it best.

You skip the easy one which was celebration of what you did for the nostalgia buck? An adaptation of Go-Busters had a chance to really good seeing as you didn't need to adjust the premise a lot. But Saban and them damn dinos. Just couldn't wait.

Probably merchandise-related, too. Busters had way less toys to sell than Kyoryu. Which is a shame since, with its spy theme and all, Go-busters is probably easy to adapt.

jwk94

No Go-Busters for you, America!

1781961_10151866517516268_818626681_n.jpg

What the hell is this? Why skip Go-Busters of all seasons? Man, I really hope they're just going to Kyoryu first then going to Go-Busters next.

jwk94

In Dino Charge, the Paragon Prisms were given to a dozen dinosaurs for safe keeping by an alien, but they were lost when asteroids hit the Earth and wiped out the dinos. Now in the present day, an intergalactic bounty hunter starts sniffing around Earth looking for the Prisms in order to harness their power and annihilate the world, so a team of Power Rangers forms to find the Prisms first and fight the bounty hunter and other threats with dino-powered swords, blasters, Zords (in Power Rangers lingo, large fighting machines) and Megazords.

So Torin's in but sounds like Deboss Legion is out?

alvmew

On the one hand, I won't have to see Saban rape my beloved Go-Busters. On the other hand, I kind of wanted to see what they would do with the show. Uh....

If Tommy comes back, please let him be Navy and not Silver...

Does it sting? Does it make your head hurt? Is it infuriating?Just Keep smiling.

Unluckyu~!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
thinking about it. they would have found a way to really make the gobusters adaptation Bad. but they could have used gobuster green and go buster black....

Saban, I'll make this easy on you. Cast a Brazilian Red (or in your case, cast an ethnically indeterminate Red and say he's Brazilian) and keep the dancing. That way you don't have to jump through crazy hoops when you get to Carnival. Grease the rails, instead of making things harder for yourself.

I'm afraid, because the best part of Kyoryuger was all the extra rangers. Does Saban care to really build up ten characters? Probably not.

WillyFive

Saban, I'll make this easy on you. Cast a Brazilian Red (or in your case, cast an ethnically indeterminate Red and say he's Brazilian) and keep the dancing. That why you don't have to jump through crazy hoops when you get to Carnival. Grease the rails, instead of making things harder for yourself.

I'm afraid, because the best part of Kyoryuger was all the extra rangers. Does Saban care to really build up ten characters? Probably not.

Yeah, they removed all the character development Shinkenger had for Samurai; and the only character to get any form of an arc in Megaforce was Roboknight.

Yeah, they removed all the character development Shinkenger had for Samurai; and the only character to get any form of an arc in Megaforce was Roboknight.

"It's me, Dino Cyan!"

"Tony, from the shake shop?"

"I just had to come help you!"

*After the episode Tony is back at the shake shop like nothing happened*

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

If the rumor that
Robo Knight will be the equivalent of Barizorg
is true, then I imagine the scenes of Noah and Robo Knight in Megaforce will have a payoff in Super Megaforce.

Or I'm putting too much thought into this and Saban doesn't give a shit as per usual. I mean, the actor they got for Troy shows just how little they care...

zeopower6

I wonder if they already knew about the Go-Buster plans ahead of time and planned accordingly. I mean, just how far ahead do they have the general 'concepts' for future series?

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized: Dino Charge will coincide with Jurssic World. I wonder if the skipping was to further cash in on further incoming dino hype? Either way, it comes full circle, as I recall hearing Saban was pressured into doing Zyuranger first because of Jurassic Park.

Now in the present day, an intergalactic bounty hunter starts sniffing around Earth looking for the Prisms in order to harness their power and annihilate the world, so a team of Power Rangers forms to find the Prisms first and fight the bounty hunter and other threats with dino-powered swords, blasters, Zords (in Power Rangers lingo, large fighting machines) and Megazords.
I don't recall the Deboss being bounty hunters.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized: Dino Charge will coincide with Jurssic World. I wonder if the skipping was to further cash in on further incoming dino hype?

I don't recall the Deboss being bounty hunters.

That's why people are thinking Deboss won't be the villains, it will be an original like Zedd or Ransick. Though I have to imagine some Deboss villains will stick around. How else will the monster of the week grow if Luckyro isn't there to do it? Well, tricky editing maybe...

Not sure if Jurassic World is a factor.
I know Jurassic Park was a major factor back when MMPR came out (MMPR was originally going to adapt Jetman instead of Zyuranger, but dinosaurs were the big hit thing).

Saban, I'll make this easy on you. Cast a Brazilian Red (or in your case, cast an ethnically indeterminate Red and say he's Brazilian) and keep the dancing. That way you don't have to jump through crazy hoops when you get to Carnival. Grease the rails, instead of making things harder for yourself.

Yeah, and then watch all the same people who want this cry screams of racism when they do it.

Rajack

Maybe Saban realized that Gobusters is perfection and should never be touched? Nah, they wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to defile and desecrate something so perfect.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You gotta be shitting me with that power charge stuff. I guess "Brave in!" being changed to "POWER CHARGE!" or something? Something tells me all the fun of the JP ver will be lost. No doubt the spirit rangers will all be played by Tommy.

Anyway, I braved Tokyo's biggest blizzard in 20 years to take my kid to see Kyoryuger live and it was totally worth it.

We had previously gone to see a free live show at the top of some garage out in the sticks, and while that was fun the action was horrible and shit was super low budget. My son didn't care though and he got to shake the costumed Kyoryugers hands.

This time however we went to the G-Rosso theatre, and at THIS show the actual actors (costumed AND uncostumed) were performing. And man, honestly it kinda blew me away.

After the free show, I pretty much set the bar low and figured my son will love it but the wife and I will just have to suffer through it, but was actually really well done and definitely warranted the ticket price.

It started out with Chaos bein all "I'm the bad guy wahahaha time to send out my rastafarian puddies into the crowd to pester children in the audience" which they did and as you would expect as they were doing that a whole bunch of explosions happened and the 5 main actors from the show came down from the ceiling. That's pretty much when I knew shit was gonna get real.

After they ran off all the bad guys they did a live transformation, they managed this by shining a bright light in our eyes so we couldn't see them change in and out. If you looked hard enough you could still see, but it was good enough for the kids. After that there was a great action sequence with all the main 5 whippin ass, doin all sorts of wire-fu, guys were falling off of really high rafters and stuff--all really impressive. And after they run off the initial squad of bad guys a new set comes out and the main 5 retreat off the set. After that happened the actor for gold came out from the ceiling on top of the crowd (which was so cool) and ran towards the stage slicing and dicing everything in his path. He then morphed into his suit and then even more crazy wire-fu happened.

One thing about all the action and stuff during the show is that they made good use of projection mapping to project special effects on to the wall while the action happened. They also had this bigass screen that would come down from time to time that allowed projection to happen in front of people (they used this for the morphing scene).

At any rate, the initial show of badassness happens and then Chaos steals their powers yada yada and then the spirit rangers come out. Suited guys only (and poor cyan--his voice was clearly some Japanese dude trying to sound like a foreigner) but it was a nice surprise. They do battle with Rakyuro, Aigoron, Candiera and Dogold for a while and win--yay. After that the main actors come out and try to find Rakyuro (cause hes got their jyudenchi). This was basically an excuse for the actors to come out into the audience and say hello to people shake hands and stuff. Green came to our side first, seems like a nice kid. Ami was a lot cuter than on TV (shorter too). Eventually Gold came to our side and he touched my kid on the head which was nice.

Eventually they got their jyuudenchi back and with the help of the kids of the audience also got brave enough to break some stupid spell yada yada they fight chaos and win. A lot of the scenes during this part were taken almost directly out of last week's episode which was nice. Golds battle with Dogold, Black and Aigaron, so on. They finished Chaos (who for some reason fused with Deboss) with Maximum Victory which I can only guess is how it happens on today's episode (kids still asleep so I haven't seen it yet).

The whole thing ends and they have a small chat session with the actors. They all seem like nice people and Gold turned out to be a total idiot (lovable, but dumb as a rock) surprisingly he had the most female fans next to black. That was actually the biggest surprise of the whole thing. The crowd was about half families and half high school/college aged girls. Anywho, they all say a little something and then the trailer for Tokkyuger plays on a screen (everyone feigns surprise) and the curtain opens and reveals the 5 suited Tokkyuger doing their main little pose. It was kinda cool to see them in the flesh, the suits don't look as bad IRL.

After that the show ended and we braved a 2 hour commute through the snow to get home. It was worth it though! Got a commemorative popcorn bucket and my kid got to take a picture wearing the Kyoryuu-red suit: http://twitter.com/sprsk/status/431996588618043392/photo/1

NeonZ

That's why people are thinking Deboss won't be the villains, it will be an original like Zedd or Ransick. Though I have to imagine some Deboss villains will stick around. How else will the monster of the week grow if Luckyro isn't there to do it? Well, tricky editing maybe...

Hm... Maybe they'll just use Basco's suit? Going by the Super Megaforce summaries, it seems like they cut all of his episodes.

http://superhero-battle.com/

Showa Riders are winning the polling to determine the winner in KRW.

Huh? Heisei Riders are winning from what I can see.

You know, this contest isn't really fair at this point. Although there are an equal number of Riders thrown there by Toei, you've got 4 movie/one shot Riders in the Showa side, and two Riders who are from series already represented there too. Meanwhile, for Heisei, each Rider is the main character of a tv show. In the end, 15 series vs 9. This contest would have been more fair back during Decade.

Guys I read Saban's adaptation of Kyoryuger/ PR Dino Charge.

Aliens...ahaha, man are intergalactic foes like the only place evil will come from?

Also lol at the Gobusters snub ; p

Edit:

Sprsk being a great toku dad

WillyFive

Anyway, I braved Tokyo's biggest blizzard in 20 years to take my kid to see Kyoryuger live and it was totally worth it.

We had previously gone to see a free live show at the top of some garage out in the sticks, and while that was fun the action was horrible and shit was super low budget. My son didn't care though and he got to shake the costumed Kyoryugers hands.

This time however we went to the G-Rosso theatre, and at THIS show the actual actors (costumed AND uncostumed) were performing. And man, honestly it kinda blew me away.

After that the show ended and we braved a 2 hour commute through the snow to get home. It was worth it though! Got a commemorative popcorn bucket and my kid got to take a picture wearing the Kyoryuu-red suit: http://twitter.com/sprsk/status/431996588618043392/photo/1

Nice!

I wish I could see stuff like that live. I love to look them up on YouTube, and always find them very fun to watch, especially since it's all done in real time. That makes them a lot more impressive.

Slayven

You gotta be shitting me with that power charge stuff. I guess "Brave in!" being changed to "POWER CHARGE!" or something? Something tells me all the fun of the JP ver will be lost. No doubt the spirit rangers will all be played by Tommy.

After the free show, I pretty much set the bar low and figured my son will love it but the wife and I will just have to suffer through it, but was actually really well done and definitely warranted the ticket price.

It started out with Chaos bein all "I'm the bad guy wahahaha time to send out my rastafarian puddies into the crowd to pester children in the audience" which they did and as you would expect as they were doing that a whole bunch of explosions happened and the 5 main actors from the show came down from the ceiling. That's pretty much when I knew shit was gonna get real.

After they ran off all the bad guys they did a live transformation, they managed this by shining a bright light in our eyes so we couldn't see them change in and out. If you looked hard enough you could still see, but it was good enough for the kids. After that there was a great action sequence with all the main 5 whippin ass, doin all sorts of wire-fu, guys were falling off of really high rafters and stuff--all really impressive. And after they run off the initial squad of bad guys a new set comes out and the main 5 retreat off the set. After that happened the actor for gold came out from the ceiling on top of the crowd (which was so cool) and ran towards the stage slicing and dicing everything in his path. He then morphed into his suit and then even more crazy wire-fu happened.

One thing about all the action and stuff during the show is that they made good use of projection mapping to project special effects on to the wall while the action happened. They also had this bigass screen that would come down from time to time that allowed projection to happen in front of people (they used this for the morphing scene).

At any rate, the initial show of badassness happens and then Chaos steals their powers yada yada and then the spirit rangers come out. Suited guys only (and poor cyan--his voice was clearly some Japanese dude trying to sound like a foreigner) but it was a nice surprise. They do battle with Rakyuro, Aigoron, Candiera and Dogold for a while and win--yay. After that the main actors come out and try to find Rakyuro (cause hes got their jyudenchi). This was basically an excuse for the actors to come out into the audience and say hello to people shake hands and stuff. Green came to our side first, seems like a nice kid. Ami was a lot cuter than on TV (shorter too). Eventually Gold came to our side and he touched my kid on the head which was nice.

Eventually they got their jyuudenchi back and with the help of the kids of the audience also got brave enough to break some stupid spell yada yada they fight chaos and win. A lot of the scenes during this part were taken almost directly out of last week's episode which was nice. Golds battle with Dogold, Black and Aigaron, so on. They finished Chaos (who for some reason fused with Deboss) with Maximum Victory which I can only guess is how it happens on today's episode (kids still asleep so I haven't seen it yet).

The whole thing ends and they have a small chat session with the actors. They all seem like nice people and Gold turned out to be a total idiot (lovable, but dumb as a rock) surprisingly he had the most female fans next to black. That was actually the biggest surprise of the whole thing. The crowd was about half families and half high school/college aged girls. Anywho, they all say a little something and then the trailer for Tokkyuger plays on a screen (everyone feigns surprise) and the curtain opens and reveals the 5 suited Tokkyuger doing their main little pose. It was kinda cool to see them in the flesh, the suits don't look as bad IRL.

I would be scared to go to something like. I don't trust my self around the actually gear.

vareon

Hm... Maybe they'll just use Basco's suit? Going by the Super Megaforce summaries, it seems like they cut all of his episodes.

Huh? Heisei Riders are winning from what I can see.

You know, this contest isn't really fair at this point. Although there are an equal number of Riders thrown there by Toei, you've got 4 movie/one shot Riders in the Showa side, and two Riders who are from series already represented there too. Meanwhile, for Heisei, each Rider is the main character of a tv show. In the end, 15 series vs 9. This contest would have been more fair back during Decade.

Showa were winning when I posted it lol. Looks like a close call now.

Probably just as well they've skipped Go-Busters. Kyoryuger's vast array of merchandise must surely be more the more lucrative deal for Bandai of America.

But cutting straight to Kyoryuger footage just makes me imagine yet another push by Saban to milk MMPR even more by making weak homages to it. But at least the plot synopsis has some flavour of originality with the bounty hunter thing. No one in Deboss really stand out to me as a potential bounty hunter except for maybe Endolf. Word of mouth says they may incorporate some bits of Go-Busters into this, so I can still imagine the suits for Enter Unite and Escape Evolve being used somewhere.

I'm going to leave Gaim 17 and Kyoryuger 48 for tomorrow given that it's 2:25am here. Needless to say, I'm excited for both, but more so for Gaim than I am for Kyoryuger. I've not exactly been that enamoured by the show, and I get the feeling that I've increasingly grown more apathetic and apart from Sentai.

Want.

I will never understand why they HAD to give Zangetsu Shin that horrible huge right orange shoulder-pad with some kibble hanging off it and nestling against the arm. You can almost see the suit actor straining himself in that suit as he tries to swing the toy bow around. I do have faith that regular Zangetsu will return eventually, only if Takatora decides to say "fuck it, I'm done with this company".

LostAnkh

Want.

I will never understand why they HAD to give Zangetsu Shin that horrible huge right orange shoulder-pad with some kibble hanging off it and nestling against the arm. You can almost see the suit actor straining himself in that suit as he tries to swing the toy bow around. I do have faith that regular Zangetsu will return eventually, only if Takatora decides to say "fuck it, I'm done with this company".
That Zangetsu is so cool, you only got to see him henshin once.

On another note, I keep giving Bandai my money.

Parallax

Yeah...guys I'm still hating on new sentai. I'm sorry, I'll have to watch it and bash it proper if needed.

honestly, kyoryu was the only series of late that ive openly accepted. ive been skeptical about the others in one way or another

This GIF is amazing, yet bittersweet. Knowing that Kyoryuger is done, but the new guys are here.

all the passing of the torch ones have a bittersweet feel to them

honestly, kyoryu was the only series of late that ive openly accepted. ive been skeptical about the others in one way or another

Kyoryuger seemed to balance that fine line of humor, darkness, action & Japanese sentai authenticity.

I don't want to write a long post(but I feel I will later) but new sentai just seems so lacking.

It maybe I see it as a victim because Kyoryuger was so good...and the suits/mecha look bleh to me.

Jaeger

I don't even watch Power Rangers (anymore). The mishandling of the series is ridiculous. The last one I truly applauded was SPD. It was incredibly well handled.

I'm gonna miss my Dinos. This season of SS was awesome. I saw a preview screen or two of the last ep (I think), with the defendants. I am SO HAPPY THEY BROUGHT BACK DEATHRYUGER. Dude, he was my favorite.

Parallax

I have not sir. I pretty much ignored everything since SPD. Although I did see a few here and there.

you should get on rpm. its the last good pr series

rho and del, whats with the sentai medals?

Top Bottom